Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The Big Short- Part comedy drama(it's not really funny but it tries to be), part documentary about the lead up to the 2008 crash. Doesn't tell you a lot that you don't already know but it's worth a watch. 7.5/10

I also saw this today, really enjoyed it

Just been to watch the revenant bloody hell its epic ! absolutely class if Leo doesn't win an Oscar for it he ain't ever going to win one! Tom hardy deserves one to and the director!

tom hardy deserves one more than leo, who was a bit shit. just grunted his way through the film.

tom hardy deserves one more than leo, who was a bit shit. just grunted his way through the film.

He does deserve it yeah, that's the only reason why leo wouldn't win it as very rare both come from the same film. But come on he was class in it probably his best ever proformance

He does deserve it yeah, that's the only reason why leo wouldn't win it as very rare both come from the same film. But come on he was class in it probably his best ever proformance

i disagree, Leo has had better performances. as far as supporting actor goes, i think Christian Bale should win it

In what that he has been nominated for?? I cant comment on Bale as I haven't seen the film, but he must be bloody good in it.

The big short. He was brilliant. Also nominated, Mark Ruffalo for Spotlight, also he was very good

Edited by Beliall

What's your selection criteria, Rince. Other than the alphabet, I mean?

Random ATM. I want to see if I can see at least one  of every later for a start. Preferably new ones last 2 or 3 years and ones I have not seen. I'll watch most genres. Not keen on musicals  or romance. Favourite SciFi/fantasy. The rest depends on mood and time available but if I start at 11pm I don't want a 3 hr drama. I would fall sleep. Just seen  one called Guns For Hire. Unusual thriller comedy. A female assassin is hired by another female to execute her plus there is a detective on their trail but there are a couple of twists. And for the lads there are a couple  of lesbian scenes in it.It seems a low budget film only 1 hr 20 so not too drawn out. Not bad for that. 6/10 but doubt the acting will win any oscars.

I am not keen on films that are long and drawn out. Once I have done A-Z I will go by recommendation.

Need H now. 

Edited by Rincewind

71'

Film about a young soldier who gets left behind by his squadron on the streets of Belfast with the IRA kicking off. Quite a decent watch but not amazing.

Yeah I agree, probably about a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Plenty of suspense in the film alright!

The internship

Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan become out of work salesmen, who apply for an internship at Google and get in. The film then follows them as they compete for full time jobs.

Its what you'd expect from a owen wilson, vince vaughan movie and whilst it didn't have many serious laughs, its amusing enough to be a real easy watch. 6.5/10

I agree.

Glad I watched it on TV though, would have been annoyed to pay money for a 2hr Google ad.

Has anyone seen He never Dies. It is supposed to be a comedy horror  about a bloke  who is  anti social as well as a cannibal.Then something from his past causes him to change.

I want to watch a film starting with H. There is The Hateful Eight  but it has The in it. Should  'The' count?

Only going through the alphabet once so I have one of each letter in the list.