Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Who does the nominating for the Oscars?

8/100

He Does Not Die. A horror comedy although the humour is not obvious. A man who is antisocial and eats human flesh has to restrain in order to help a woman out. Not bad. A little gory in parts. 6/10

9/100

Insurgent. A futurist action SciFi. A group of freedom fighters attempt to take over those in power. A pretty fast paced action film with some good scenes. Enjoyable 2 hours.7/10

Edited by Rincewind

Guest seanfox778

Frank 7/10 - weird indie flick starring Domhnall Gleeson (who is fast becoming a big star in my opinion). He plays Jon who's desperate to become a musical talent and gets a lucky break to stand in as a keyboard player for a small time band with a mysterious lead singer who wears a paper mache head. gets slightly bogged down in the middle but it's an interesting and humorous film. It's on Netflix if anyone's into quirky films.

The Revenant 9/10 - I thought it was stunning, brutal and intense. For some reason I didn't think I'd be into it but it was beautifully made. I hope DiCaprio gets an Oscar as he was very good, I understood about 70% of what Tom Hardy was saying but he was also terrific.

Demolition Man 8/10 - absolute banger of a film, classic 90's action/sci fi film with Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes on top form, so many funny little jokes shoved in there too. Non stop action but I'm sure you've all seen it.

Frank 7/10 - weird indie flick starring Domhnall Gleeson (who is fast becoming a big star in my opinion). He plays Jon who's desperate to become a musical talent and gets a lucky break to stand in as a keyboard player for a small time band with a mysterious lead singer who wears a paper mache head. gets slightly bogged down in the middle but it's an interesting and humorous film. It's on Netflix if anyone's into quirky films.

The Revenant 9/10 - I thought it was stunning, brutal and intense. For some reason I didn't think I'd be into it but it was beautifully made. I hope DiCaprio gets an Oscar as he was very good, I understood about 70% of what Tom Hardy was saying but he was also terrific.

Demolition Man 8/10 - absolute banger of a film, classic 90's action/sci fi film with Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes on top form, so many funny little jokes shoved in there too. Non stop action but I'm sure you've all seen it.

I really enjoyed Frank too. Odd but excellent.

As for Demolition Man, what's with the 3 shells?

Guest seanfox778

I really enjoyed Frank too. Odd but excellent.

As for Demolition Man, what's with the 3 shells?

I tried the three seashells once and it just made a right mess, the future is not bright!

Watched creed tonight enjoyed it a lot the Everton parts were a bit random and you can definitely see Martinez in the crowd at the end! 8/10

Just got back from watching it and thought Creed was excellent - nicely set up for a sequel and probably a few more just like Rocky! The fight scenes were superb and so much improved on the original Rocky films. I think all the Everton bits were deliberately written in on the request of Tony Belew as part of his contract to play Conlan. It was a bit random but I thought it was well done. Great entertainment and 8/10 for me too.

Just got back from watching it and thought Creed was excellent - nicely set up for a sequel and probably a few more just like Rocky! The fight scenes were superb and so much improved on the original Rocky films. I think all the Everton bits were deliberately written in on the request of Tony Belew as part of his contract to play Conlan. It was a bit random but I thought it was well done. Great entertainment and 8/10 for me too.

Apparently it was originally going to be Liverpool but Belew didn't want to do it if it was, so it was swapped to Everton.

I'm up to K on my film list. I might even do more than 100 then it will be just see how many. TGF I started at the beginning of the year which makes it easier. Any suggestions for K? They have to be fairly recent. Last year or so.

Kingsman? Not seen it myself but has decent reviews

I'm up to K on my film list. I might even do more than 100 then it will be just see how many. TGF I started at the beginning of the year which makes it easier. Any suggestions for K? They have to be fairly recent. Last year or so.

Kingsman? Not seen it myself but has decent reviews

I recommend Kingsman, too!

It's more of a tongue-in-cheek secret agent movie, but it's executed really well.

Knowing?

Given up on Black Mass an hour through. Plot holes all over the place, poor logic in the story and a pretty bog standard Mafia/Cop thing thats been done 1000x before.

Not for me 5/10 from what I saw, couple of half decent characters but naff

I recommend Kingsman, too!

It's more of a tongue-in-cheek secret agent movie, but it's executed really well.

Just watched it.  Very tongue in cheek. A little bit of other films mixed in. James  Bond, Avengers Kill Bill?  Plenty of action wise cracks and dead bodies. A fun couple of hours. Worth 8/10 maybe. Even the last scene reminded me of Superman  where he got his own back on a bloke who picked on him earlier in the film.