Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Top 5 films ....   (in no particular order) .....    Jaws1;  Casablanca;  The cook, the thief his wife and her lover; The Terminator;  and  Starwars (first one).

How could ANYONE not agree with that !!

If you are referring to Thief with Jimmy Cann? Then that is in my top 5 for sure Michael Mann's prior robbery movie to Heat but much better IMO

Edited by Freesolo

No Escape. Good film. Leads up well to the action. 7.5 or 8 I think. 

Just realised that the site I have set up for my film list only gives  3  pages free which I am using. It will mean putting the list with reviews on one page or moving the A-Z list to the home page or paying a subscription to have unlimited pages and a domain name.This would be fine if I did the same next year but the  WS name would not be right. Will have a think about it. O next.

Updated

Edited by Rincewind

If you are referring to Thief with Jimmy Cann? Then that is in my top 5 for sure Michael Mann's prior robbery movie to Heat but much better IMO

No no no ...   Its called 'The cook the thief his wife and her lover' ....    A young Helen Mirren is in it getting well sorted in the toilet of a restaurant ...    great film.

Top 5 films ....   (in no particular order) .....    Jaws1;  Casablanca;  The cook, the thief his wife and her lover; The Terminator;  and  Starwars (first one).

How could ANYONE not agree with that !!

Jaws was average, Casablanca was good but not top 5. The cook... was tedious.

Jaws was average, Casablanca was good but not top 5. The cook... was tedious.

Come on then ...   whats your top 5 ? ...      The Cook was very much an acquired taste and probably a bit too much for some.      As for Casablanca, that imo, is one of the finest films of all time. 

Hateful Eight, Tarantinos worst film, too long, dull for the first 90 mins and then goes to an interval! Best thing about the film was Jennifer Jason Leigh who puts in a good performance, Tarantino has always been known for his clever witty dialogue but the dialogue here misses the mark on both accounts.

I echo that, too drawn out.

It's nearly 3 hours of Leo DiCaprio getting high, shagging hookers, and making a lot of money. Enjoyed it throughout but as soon as it ended it felt like there was never really a point to it.

Maybe an indication to what you can look forward to if you work hard, are ambitious and do not care who you tread on getting to the top. Top guy. :)

Not seen it yet tbh. Is he like the bloke in Wall Street? That was not too bad.

12 year olds really wouldn't understand anything in that film. Silly comment.

12 year olds understand as much as is needed for wolf of wall street. If you think there is anything deep or meaningful in it you are kidding yourself.

Watched the D-Train last night.

Saw Jack Black was in it so thought i'd give it a go as i'm a big fan! 

I won't give anything away just in case any of you want to torture yourselves but it was shit! About 30 mins to long to be a shit film that was easy to watch and just wasn't funny! I wouldn't recommend at all 2/10

Saw Ride Along 2 yesterday. 

I enjoyed the first film, so decided to go and see the new one. 

Classic comedy Kevin Hart film, really enjoyed it. 7/10.