Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched the D-Train last night.

Saw Jack Black was in it so thought i'd give it a go as i'm a big fan! 

I won't give anything away just in case any of you want to torture yourselves but it was shit! About 30 mins to long to be a shit film that was easy to watch and just wasn't funny! I wouldn't recommend at all 2/10

seen this,you're right it is shit

I found Moneyball on the internet because of the supposed similarity between the Oakland A's approach and ours. Quite an inspiring story, just a shame about the ending.

FC Midtjylland are doing the same approach now- they are in Europa League at the moment so it is actually working well. 

Started to watch a film called Outlaw Prophet Warren Jeffs. After a while a message popped up at the  bottom. Tweet and tell us what you think about it. It was only a TV film. It is based on a mormon leader who was on the 10 most wanted list for arranging marriages for under aged girls It wasn't bad. He was a right sick bastard. People still look up to him. Before he was caught there was a news report after a girl escaped saying what he was doing. He told the community that god  had told him to ban the colour red all media and dogs and they believed him.

Don't know if I should count it as a film but I will. 8/10

Edited by Rincewind

Just watched Legend. Very well played by Tom Hardy. Great film.

Me too earlier.   And the fact one bloke played both didn't detract at all.   Not a bad film and far better than the one with the Kemp twerps in it ....    Gary Kemp ...  about as scary as Graham Norton. 

The Big Short - really enjoyed it. Could have been a boring subject matter, but it's really quirky and holds your attention.

"Here's Margot Robbie in a bubble bath to explain mortgage bonds".

7.5/10

Just finished watching it myself, enjoyed it a lot more than Wolf of Wall Street. 

Straight Outta Compton. Fvck the police, b1tch!

What a great film. Took me right back to the late 80's, early 90's. Thought the casting was spot on and the acting superb. What a great story and fair play to Dr Dre and Ice Cube for coming from nothing to make multi millions. 8.5/10

The Revenant - 8/10

Malick-ish (they share the same cinematographer), long takes, a breathtaking scenery, violence en masse and a lot of blood on snow.

I know I should've watched Tarantino's "Hateful Eight" straight afterwards - I could've ended up snow blind. :D

Still, thoroughly entertaining, gripping and gut-wrenching at times. Despite its length, it hardly ever drags.

Parallels. Originally planned for a pilot for a TV series but the producers decided to scrap that idea and run it as a stand alone but unfortunately although it is a promising as a pilot it does not really work as an one off film. 

A brother and sister get a message from their father to go to an empty building. Along with a neighbour they find out that the building somehow travels between parallels Earths. There is no complete answer to the mystery so only 6.5/10

The trailer makes it look OK.

Now Q is going to be hard or easy. Not many to choose from but they may not be classics. There is a biopic about a female explorer at the turn of the 30th century.

Watched Big Hero 6 with the daughter last night,very good 8/10

My kids loved Big Hero 6 - great fun.

Took them to see Goosebumps with Jack Black today - I thought it was total dog poo and they weren't too fussed either. 3/10

Just watched Queen of the Desert. If you like historical dramas I recommend it. Nicole Kidman plays Gertrude Bell a British woman explorer and writer at the turn of the last century. She is still regarded highly by the people in that part of the world.

There is also some romantic parts in it but it was part of her life and made her what she was. There was even a young Winston Churchill and T.E.Lawrence. in it. Very well acted by Nicole kidman. May not be for everybody but I found it interesting as a historical piece. Could be worth 8/10.