Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I thought 2nd one was better

Just as a complete contrast i thought the first was ok but turned the second off halfway through as it was awful!

Couldn't sleep last night so watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. Easy watching and seemed better than the first one (i'm not sure if that was the lack of sleep and Jamesons talking though) but overall was pretty crap. Perfect if you can't sleep at 2am in the morning but not much else. 4/10

Finally went to see Star Wars:The Force Awakens.

Enjoyed it.  I always think it's a hard role for a woman to take the lead in an action film, daisy ridley did ok.  Nice to see less CGI and a more traditional approach.  Having gone to see the originals (apart from the first one I was only 2...maybe missed the 2nd too lol) I was a fan of the more old school filming process, really didn't like the previous 3.

8/10.

Same thought it was great, didn't really know what to expect but thought it was great had a bit of everything.

Yep, if anybody didn't get a little bit emotional during that, they can't have a heart. I watch a lot of films and that was up there with the best.  

I fancy doing a Smuts/Rincewind and have 100 films list of my own. 

1/100- Percy Jackson and Sea of Monsters- 7.5/10 I really enjoyed the first one and this one is just as enjoyable if not little clichey. I'm into Greek myths so that gave the film an extra kick for me. Gutted they are not doing a third.  

Tom Hardy really is a great actor. I was halfway through the revenant before I realised it was him. He's different in every role. Must be 1 of the favourites for the next bond.

He is great in legend, and go all the way back to 'the take' the tv drama he is incredible in that to!

Edited by goose2010

Another on the room bandwagon here, absolutely loved it. Well as much as you can with a film with that premise. Some seriously dark bits but they definitely serve a purpose. Loved the part with this will destroy you on the soundtrack, really built up on the suspense during that bit.

I just have, very good.

Just watched it. Very good. When it started I was expecting two hours in a room. Thought they were there by choice. It built up well to the second half. The young lad was great.

I sometimes wonder how they get the younger ones to say the right lines. A line at a time or ad lib or a mixture of both. Anyway it seemed so natural fo him.

8/10

Edited by Rincewind