Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

4 oscars...top film. Of course its not a patch on that cartoon you like so much. :crylaugh:

You can't really use the Oscars as a basis for saying a film is good when, in your own words, "most of the good stuff never gets nominated"

The Oscars are to films what the Brits are to music.

True. Most of the good stuff never gets nominated.

You can't really use the Oscars as a basis for saying a film is good when, in your own words, "most of the good stuff never gets nominated"

Your memory is fucking amazing 'pops. Time and time again I remember you relling off quotes made to by people which they often contradict in the future...quality. :crylaugh:

Anyway, I plumped for Wall E. It was decent, as a spectacle its brilliant. 7/10. I gave it a bit extra as I was knackered watching it and about falling asleep.

And sometimes the right film gets the praise it deserves.

Sorry but a cartoon will always lose out.

But I'm 34 so.....

And sometimes the right film gets the praise it deserves.

Sorry but a cartoon will always lose out.

But I'm 34 so.....

... what's your point? It isn't your age it's the fact you're a condescending, narrow-minded tit?

Some phenominal films have been animated. Look at Les Triplettes de Belleville, for example. The year it was nominated (and lost to Finding Nemo) the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature such wank as Seabiscuit and Master and Commander were nominated for best feature. The award finally went to Return of the King but Belleville Rendez-vous wouldn't even have been considered - purely because it wasn't live action.

It's a gripping, brilliant film written for, watched by and nominated for it's award by adults and has nothing to do with "cartoons" or being for children.

... what's your point? It isn't your age it's the fact you're a condescending, narrow-minded tit?

Some phenominal films have been animated. Look at Les Triplettes de Belleville, for example. The year it was nominated (and lost to Finding Nemo) the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature such wank as Seabiscuit and Master and Commander were nominated for best feature. The award finally went to Return of the King but Belleville Rendez-vous wouldn't even have been considered - purely because it wasn't live action.

It's a gripping, brilliant film written for, watched by and nominated for it's award by adults and has nothing to do with "cartoons" or being for children.

Steady.

I don't disagree that a lot of films miss out, but in my opinion (and many others) No country for old men was a worthy winner, and if it comes down to watching a childrens cartoon or a well acted great scripted film then I'll plump for the latter.

:crylaugh::dunno:

And I thought I'd have your support. :unsure:

It actually is up there though.

Who can say they didnt shed at tear Marlins struggle?

And who didnt have a beaming grin when Nemo and Marlin were reunited, not to get started on the brilliance of Dory or the Turtles.

Classic.

Edited by Samilktray

Steady.

I don't disagree that a lot of films miss out, but in my opinion (and many others) No country for old men was a worthy winner, and if it comes down to watching a childrens cartoon or a well acted great scripted film then I'll plump for the latter.

Way to utterly, utterly miss my point.

Not all animated films are "children's cartoons", some of them are terrifically well acted, brilliantly scripted, amazingly directed and worthy of far more recognition than they get.

No Country For Old Men, however, while a good film was greatly overrated and did no more than other recent pseudo-Westerns such as Proposition, The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, Down In The Valley and so on.

It's just one of those films that the likes of the Guardian pick up on and roll with because it looks indie or alternative and that's the latest trend at the moment - Hollywood blockbusters aren't trendy anymore, it's all about hyping this year's Juno or Little Miss Sunshine.

Thanks for the recommendations, just added several to my Netflicks queue.

Watched "Beyond the Sea" with Kevin Spacey, outstanding portrayal of Bobby Darin. Pity Spacey is still mainly associated for shithouse shenanigans in the UK.

Enjoyed "Mortal Beloved" with Gary Oldman last night. Not sure about the storyline but the music; culminating in "Ode" at the end; was exceptional; I think the movie would lose a lot if you haven't got surround sound.

I just watched Batman Begins on Blu Ray, I thought it was fuckijg brilliant.

I love Batman. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are brilliant films. Christian Bale - Legend.

The Burton ones are just as good IMO. Batman and Batman Returns.

Keaton was a great Bruce Wayne.

The Burton ones are just as good IMO. Batman and Batman Returns.

Keaton was a great Bruce Wayne.

The Burton Batman's seem a bit less serious than the Nolan one's......though its been a long time since i've seen a Burton one.

I just imagine Bale as Batman now though - I wouldn't want it any other way.

Edited by The Reverend