Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Valhalla Rising.

Strange film. Great  scenic views atmospheric different. A deaf dumb warrior type escapes captors with a young boy. meets up with some Viking Christians and sail to an unknown land in foggy conditions to meet their fate. Not much of a story and little dialogue. Probably one for the arty types.   5.5/10

Watched Sicario last night on Sky on demand.    Involves FBI/CIA/Drug cartels/Hitman and kept you gripped from beginning to end.    Best film I've seen this year and Del Toro is superb.

Excellent film and well worth watching.

Agree a very gripping film and brilliantly done

3/100 The Road

A dark grim film set in a post apocalypse world- this one focus on a relationship between father and son who are trying to survive and to avoid cannibals.  I thought the son was a bit of a wet blanket but I thought it added an extra dimension to the film where the father is trying to prepare son for the possibility where the father dies. Viggo Mortensen had a blinder as usual, he surely choose his roles well.  It is based on a book so the book could be worth a go as well.  8/10

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

Watched The Big Short yesterday for the second time.

I would really recommend it. 9/10

Admittedly the subject matter may not appeal to many people, but the way the directors got celebrity cameo's to help translate the wall street jargon is great. Margot Robbie in the bath for example. 

Steve Carrell and Christian Bale are fantastic in it. It's definitely in my top 10 films. 

Guest seanfox778

How I Live Now - 5.5/10

Saw it on Netflix, an American girl goes to visit her cousins in England and WW III occurs whilst she's there. She's fallen in love with a family friend (or possibly the gardener, I can't remember why he was at the house to be honest.) She has the opportunity to get flown out of England but burns her ticket to stay with her new found love. They get separated and she tries to get back to him. She has two young cousins who she doesn't seem fussed about in all the commotion. She's actually not that likeable but I was still drawn in.

Watched The Big Short yesterday for the second time.

I would really recommend it. 9/10

Admittedly the subject matter may not appeal to many people, but the way the directors got celebrity cameo's to help translate the wall street jargon is great. Margot Robbie in the bath for example. 

Steve Carrell and Christian Bale are fantastic in it. It's definitely in my top 10 films. 

Bale for the supporting oscar in my book. fantastic

Stallone favourite to win an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in his role in Creed

http://news.sky.com/story/1638595/stallone-offered-to-boycott-oscars-over-creed

Do you read what you repost?

I quite clearly stated in my first post that we turned it off after 20 mins because it was boring, I also stated that Stallone only arrived on the screen after about 19mins.

I get it, you liked it and thought Stallone was great, my opinion which I posted for others to ignore as they wished was that the first 20 minutes were boring.