Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Guest seanfox778

Just watched World war Z. An OK zombie movie. Quite a bit of action and the zombies moved faster.

Not found much for X for a film. Some X men and one called Xtrp from the 80's look the best of the bunch

eXistenZ is good. Sounds like it begins with an X. You've also got XXX with Vin Diesel or one of the X Files movies. Edited by seanfox778

Watched Mad Max fury road last night.

What a waste of 2 hours of my life.

The film has no story - well a 4 year old could have written it anyway, and my dog could have written better dialogue.

It seems like a 4 hour ad for motor acrobatics. 

You have an introductory scene - pretty unbelievable, a final scene totally unbelieveable and between the two you have the same scene on an unending loop. 

Basically a car chase scene with acrobatics.

I hope the people raving about Tom Hardy haven't included this movie in his "raves". 2/10 don't waste your time.

Who watches Mad Max and complains about it being unbelievable, are you thick lol

Not sure what your problem with me is. This is a website for opinions.

There can be logic in SF films, in fact there usually is, in Mad Max there was no logic it was unbelievable.

You normally comeout with some incredible moviesnob comments I'm surprised you've even heard of Mad Max.

Went to watch the Big Short tonight and can only recommend it.

Although centered around rather drab and abstract themes such as the US housing market, the Subprime crisis and the market collapse in 2008, the movie makers have managed to create an entertaining, gripping tale of greed, fraud and modern consumerism/capitalism.

Go and watch it - even if you're not into banking and/or financing.

Edited by MC Prussian

Watched three tonight

l

24 X

XXX Plenty of action explosions people getting shot but thats about it. OK if you like that sort of thing. 5/10

25 Y

Your Highness Comedy fantasy. Two princes go on a quest to rescue a damsel in distress from an evil wizard. One has been on many such quests, the other prefers to stay at home having fun with ladies and beer. He is told he has to go or be banished. Quite funny with some good visual effects and quite a few pemis jokes and swering. Don;t watch it with children.7/10

26 Z

Zardoz A 1874 film with Sean Connery. Set in the future where people are split into two fractions A bit of a weird fillm but give it 6/10 for the boobs.

I can now watch random films. Thinking of the Donald Trump one  that was mentioned, there was one called You've Been Trumped. A documentary about some people in the North of Scoyland that took Trump on when he wanted to buy land up and turn it into a golf course.

Took the kids to watch the latest Alvin and the Chipmunks film today. What utter garbage and a waste of an afternoon. Don't bother, 1/10 at best but the cinema was heaving at half term so the film will probably make a fortune which is a crime.

On the plus side, the new Odean cinemas have really got their act together with their hot dogs. £7.25 for a large dog with proper chilli, cheese and onions plus a large coke was a good result. Spilled most of it on my coat mind, but what was left was quite tasty  :thumbup:

Took the kids to watch the latest Alvin and the Chipmunks film today. What utter garbage and a waste of an afternoon. Don't bother, 1/10 at best but the cinema was heaving at half term so the film will probably make a fortune which is a crime.

On the plus side, the new Odean cinemas have really got their act together with their hot dogs. £7.25 for a large dog with proper chilli, cheese and onions plus a large coke was a good result. Spilled most of it on my coat mind, but what was left was quite tasty  :thumbup:

Your happy to pay £7.25 for a hot dog and coke? thats an hours work for some people, its a disgrace really.