Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Guest seanfox778

Watched The Witch today. 6.5/10 - a slow burner but it was pretty creepy. Chris Finch from the Office plays the male lead, “bloody good rep”, has an IQ of 142, “one of the cleverest blokes I know, and certainly the cleverest bloke you know.”

7/100  The Incredible Burt Wonderstone- 6.5/10  Great cast-  Carrell, Carrey, Buscemi and Wilde however the storyline arc (an arrogant protagonist- a magician this time around goes on a redemption journey) has been done to death but there were some excellent magic stunts that are reflective of the modern society and the biggest trick at the end is quite amusing.  

Edited by The Blur

Watched American History X last night.   Its about a neo nazi who realises the error of his ways and tries to stop his younger brother going the same way.  Thought it was going to be a real gritty film but sadly I thought it was crap.   British film makers do this type of thing much better.  The plot was ok but it was badly miscast.  The main lead (Edward Norton) looked about as intimidating as the young lad who serves behind the counter at the Mercury News shop ...   and his mother looked like she must have been about 6 when she gave birth to him.   Shame cus there were some big names in it and Norton himself is a great actor and played a fantastic part in another film as an alter boy accused of murder (can't remember the name).   3/10.

3/10  :blink: This film is a classic, Norton should have won a Oscar for his part.

• Like 1

Watched Interstellar. Was not too bad. Think 2001 Space Odyssey updated. Long at 2.50 though and the switching to the Earth scenes seemed pointless until near the end. Also They seemed to be whispering a lot of the time. I had the volume on high but still struggled to hear. The action and space sequences were good though.

7.5/10

Went to watch Grimbsy last night, if you like Sacha Baron Cohen's other films like Ali G, Borat, Bruno etc. you'll love it, if not you will hate it! it is toe curling cringe in places! but laugh out loud in others. Not going to rate it as its definitely a marmite film!

• Like 1

3/10  :blink: This film is a classic, Norton should have won a Oscar for his part.

I agree Norton is a great actor I just think he was miscast.   The swastika on his chest looked like electricians tape.  He just didn't look right and when that happens it makes the whole film seem unbelievable to me.   But I can see that others may really enjoy it.     Each to their own ...     :)  

Regression. Not a nice subject matter. A bloke is accused by his daughter of sexual abuse. He admits it but says he cannot remember doing it. The detective on the case calls in a psycologist to do hypnotism on him. The film then goes into devil worship and weird dreams. It is supposed to be based on real events but I doubt there was much not made up for the film.I just saw it as a horror type film. Not too bad 6/10

Watched Room last night,good film about a mother and her 5 year old son coming to terms with the outside world after 7 years being held captive in a shed , 8/10

room_ver3.jpg

Yes I thought it was pretty good. The young lad played the part well.

8/100  Focus- 6/10 The start and the middle was entertaining enough- I have always been into movies involving cons as I always have loved explanation at the end, Hustle the TV series was always brilliant at this. However Focus messed up the ending, it just felt like a bit of a botched job and left a bad aftertaste.  The con involving the Asian gambler also felt bit out of character as well.   

THE 'WINNERS' ARE... THE COMPLETE LIST OF THE 2016 BARFTA WINNERS

Worst British Film

Winner: 

Absolutely Anything 

Runners up:

Kill Your Friends

Legend

Face Of An Angel

Worst International Film

Winner: 

Entourage 

Runners up:

We Are Your Friends

Mortdecai

United Passions

Jupiter Ascending

Smuggest Film of the Year

Winner: 

The Big Short 

Brown Envelope Award

Tim Roth for United Passions

Worst Director Of the Year

Winners:

Dan Mazer for Dirty Grandpa and Tom Hooper for The Danish Girl  

The Please Release This Film We Can't Wait To See It Award

Scottish Mussel

Worst Actor 

Winner:  

Johnny Depp in Mortdecai

Runners up:

Tom Hardy in Legend

Kate Beckinsale in Face of an Angel

Tim Roth in United Passions  

Worst Accent

Winner: 

Tom Hardy for Ronnie Kray in Legend 

Runners up:

Will Smith in Concussion  

Worst Adam Sandler Comedy

Winner:

The Ridiculous Six

Runners up:

Pixels

The Cobbler  

Worst Comedy Not Starring Adam Sandler

Winner:

Hot Pursuit 

BARFTA Outstanding Contribution Award 

Winner:

Sean Penn in The Gunman 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3467319/And-losers-WORST-films-actors-year-revealed-Tom-Hardy-Johnny-Depp-look-away-now.html#ixzz41UVrxdQG 

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

THE 'WINNERS' ARE... THE COMPLETE LIST OF THE 2016 BARFTA WINNERS

Smuggest Film of the Year

Winner: 

The Big Short 

Worst Actor 

Winner:  

Johnny Depp in Mortdecai

Runners up:

Tom Hardy in Legend

Kate Beckinsale in Face of an Angel

Tom Hardy and The Big Short - What?!

That really shows the people who create those awards need a good shag. 

33/100

Kramus. A Xmas tale about a demon legend that appears and punishes people if they stop believing in the spirit of xmas. Supposed to be a comedy horror. Some good moments. A family get together goes wrong when one of the young sons becomes disillusioned when the family fall out. Some funny moments. Think Gremlins in a family setting.

6/10