Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

33/100

Weaponized. 

A Sci-Fi action thriller. A detective tries to stop a grieving father unleash a robotic virus on a terrorist cell who were responsible for the death of his son. Not too bad. Some good moments. May be a similar storyline to other movies but enough to keep one interested. Does not go into great deal as to how the robot is created which in a way is a good thing meaning more action.

6/10

33/100

Weaponized. 

A Sci-Fi action thriller. A detective tries to stop a grieving father unleash a robotic virus on a terrorist cell who were responsible for the death of his son. Not too bad. Some good moments. May be a similar storyline to other movies but enough to keep one interested. Does not go into great deal as to how the robot is created which in a way is a good thing meaning more action.

6/10

Sorry Rince but I've not been paying attention as much as I should. How are you only on the letter W after watching 33 films?

9/100- Child 44 7.5/10. A tense Soviet thriller set  in Stalin era where a former legendary general is then disgraced and sent to backwater of Russia where he then investigate a children killer.  My synopsis made it sound like a corny movie but it is well made with so many facets and  plots with rounded characters. I would have scored it higher but there is something about Noomi Rapace that I am not keen on and I had lot of interruption during the movie which affected my concentration. 

Edited by The Blur

I love the fact that they've gone all equality by having women instead of men, but then included the token black women who isn;t clever enough to have a degree and be one of the intelligent ones - but its ok because she knows New york! After the oscars debacle its even funnier!

• Like 2

I love the fact that they've gone all equality by having women instead of men, but then included the token black women who isn;t clever enough to have a degree and be one of the intelligent ones - but its ok because she knows New york! After the oscars debacle its even funnier!

Was literally about to write the same thing. Wtaf Hollywood? lol

The Lobster- Probably the weirdest film I've ever seen, good cast though. Not sure if it was interesting or a total waste of time.

If you're not sure then probably the second! lol 

Then again I've just looked it up and the wikipedia synopsis goes for the hard sell:

Single people must find romantic partners in 45 days or be transformed into beasts and sent off into the woods.

Single people must find romantic partners in 45 days or be transformed into beasts and sent off into the woods.

The only reason I don't want to watch this film now is because there is no physical way it can possibly live up to my now massive expectations.

• Like 1

Went to watch Dead Pool this afternoon based on the rave reviews on here. What a bonkers film. Five hours after and I still can't decide if I loved it or hated it. Certainly unique and different but I'm just not sure! Bizarre...

Guest seanfox778

The Ghostbusters trailer is terrible. Think I might just block that from my memory and pretend I never saw it.

Space Cop. A bit of a wacky film. A dumbass cop from the future who kills more bystanders than saves is transported to the present and teams up with an equally dumbass cryogenically frozen cop from the past who is accidentally brought back to life. They then take on aliens and a mad scientist who is just a brain and wants to destroy the earth. Cannot make my mind up if it is too silly or just intentionally over the top bad. There are some funny moments though.

One of my favourites which is near the beginning.

Space Cop to keyboard on arm when confronting a hostage taker: 'Computer, activate negotiation program.'

Computer: 'Battery low, please recharge.'

Then he stumbles around the room trying to find a socket.

I enjoyed it anyway. 7/10

Edited by Rincewind

10/100 Bad Neighbours 6.5/10-  Good premise- it is about a middle class couple becoming annoyed by their new frat house neighbours so they both develop a rivalry where the middle class couple try to get their frat neighbours evicted. There are some amusing jokes and set pieces. Byrne is in it which is worth an extra mark alone.  However, I just feel it grates on a bit and I thought it felt like two and half hours when it is actually a hour less that. 

Edited by The Blur

Watched Brooklyn last night.   Gentle period drama set in 50's Ireland and New York that keeps your interest to the end.  Good cast and some excellent performances ...    well watchable for us blokes and the mrs will love it.  7.5/10.

(If you are male, under 25, like blood and guts, and plenty of sh*gging, probably best to give it a miss).