Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Indiana Jones 5 just been announced, out in 2019. Spielberg directing & Harrison Ford back as Indy

a 76 year old Indy is surely pushing it a bit too far!! last one was shockingly bad to!

Went to a VIP screening of the Eddie the Eagle movie last night - its great! really good British feel good film bit like a British Cool Runnings.

13- Cowboys and Aliens- 5/10. I should have knew better- a typical Hollywood cash cow. I liked how aliens looked and how there is a large ensemble of cast which allowed for bit of story development (very thin though) that is bit varied than your usual Hollywood flick. 

Just saw High Rise.

Mind-numbingly dull and generally pretty shit.

Sienna Miller is in it though which kept my interest for about the first 40 minutes before the deliberately-too-clever plot did for me.

Just saw High Rise.

Mind-numbingly dull and generally pretty shit.

Sienna Miller is in it though which kept my interest for about the first 40 minutes before the deliberately-too-clever plot did for me.

Your sig is really apt then  :thumbup:

Seriously though, is it that bad as I am thinking of giving it a go. 

Your sig is really apt then :thumbup:

Seriously though, is it that bad as I am thinking of giving it a go.

I was really looking forward to it but like I said I found the whole thing way too clever.

Watched "Speed" again after something like a twenty-year absence.

Still holds up well after all this time and I'll forgive some of the more blatant plot holes, because it delivers great pacing and timing. Dennis Hopper was marvelous - as far as antagonists are concerned (see "Blue Velvet").

14/100- uwantm2killhim 8.5/10 . A creepy true story about two teenagers getting entwined in a killing plot online. Shows how mad the society can be sometimes but it is truly worth a watch. Available on Netflix. 

Edited by The Blur

Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last night. It's really gripping and tense pretty much all of the way through not knowing who or what to believe. Slightly spoilled by the ending in my opinion, but I guess being part of the Cloverfield franchise it was to be expected. 7/10

15- Last Vegas 7.5./10  Far more enjoyable than expected. It is truly a wonderful experience to see greats like Freeman, De Niro and Douglas sharing same screen but Kline was the surprise package because I thought he out-acted all of others despite being an unknown compared to others.  Good solid feelgood film to whittle an evening away, I would recommend it for today to kick off your Easter weekend. 

Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last night. It's really gripping and tense pretty much all of the way through not knowing who or what to believe. Slightly spoilled by the ending in my opinion, but I guess being part of the Cloverfield franchise it was to be expected. 7/10

Spot on, i felt the ending wasnt really necessary but thoroughly enjoyable film.

Night Train To Lisbon. On BBC Two last night. Not too bad. About a classics teacher in Switzerland who saves a girl from jumping off a bridge then finds a book he finds a book she left in a coat. He is so intrigued by it that he drops everything and travels to Lisbon to find the author and discover more about him. He fought against a dictator who came to power in the 70's.

It tells his story in flashbacks as the teacher talks to people that knew him.

Not too bad. Its a mystery romance thriller. Jeremy Irons stars 7/10

The whole concept of a Batman v Superman film is ridiculous.

Took the words right out my mouth !!      One can fly to the stars, has superhuman strength, and can zap things with his laser eyes ....      and the other drives a batmobile ?!?    Total mismatch !

Edited by Countryfox
  • Like 1