Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Firstly, do we have a dedicated new movies thread, if not I would love to start one.

Basically I just wanted to get people feelings, hopes, expectations on the Da Vinci follow up.

I can remember at the time Da Vinci came out it was absolutely slated, but i personally loved it.

Tom Hanks is my favorite actor by a long stretch and ive never been disappointed by a single one of his films so I hope he keeps it up.

Like I said if we dont have a new movies thread make this it, im a total movie buff and its something id like to see.

Yep there was alot of slating of it and i also agree with you and i loved it as well.

Looking forward to seeing Angels And Demons.

Sorry for my mistake guys, any chance of a merge with the real thread... cheers.

I didn't merge it at first so that you could see what was going on. :)

I didn't merge it at first so that you could see what was going on. :)

Thanks lisa.... right back on topic, Angels and Demons... will it be great or will it be a disappointment??

Thanks lisa.... right back on topic, Angels and Demons... will it be great or will it be a disappointment??

Two words - Tom. Hanks.

:nono:

I love Tom Hanks. It was Lisa that said it....

But it seems like a barrage of "OMG why u no lyk him?!". :laugh:

haha fair enough, did anyone see him do the rap from big on jonathan ross on friday :appl:lol

Tit.

Me or Hanks? :cry:

Your kidding... i think hes great. Why dont you like him lisa.

It's probably the films that he does. I just don't like them.

:o What's wrong with Tom Hanks? Did you not like Forrest Gump?

No. No I didn't.

I'm not a big fan of films. I find it hard to sit down and concentrate on them. Give me a half hour TV programme any day. Also, I am really fussy about what I watch. My fave film is Monty Python and the Holy Grail; it's lots of little bits of silliness added to one big whole. I enjoyed films like Wayne's World and Bill and Ted, again because they are silly.

There are other films that I like, but it's not many. :(

Me or Hanks? :cry:

It's probably the films that he does. I just don't like them.

No. No I didn't.

I'm not a big fan of films. I find it hard to sit down and concentrate on them. Give me a half hour TV programme any day. Also, I am really fussy about what I watch. My fave film is Monty Python and the Holy Grail; it's lots of little bits of silliness added to one big whole. I enjoyed films like Wayne's World and Bill and Ted, again because they are silly.

There are other films that I like, but it's not many. :(

ahhh fair enough... I used to be like that, i think the fact that you can watch anything online now lead to me getting really into movies, Ive watched some really random films that will never make it to cinema but are actually quite brilliant online.

Went to see it last night.

I have never seen a star trek episode or film before, and I quite liked it. Some of the casting was a bit odd, Eric Bana I find so dull.

I'd give it a solid 7/10.

I quite liked it too and like yourself have never seen any of it beforehand.

I don't think Bana's character really allowed for him to be any more exciting than he was really.

The only disappointment for me was the predictability of the final events and outcome but it was a decent film.

I don't like Tom Hanks. At all.

I did kinda enjoy Da Vinci code, though. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't worth the slatings, either, it was a pretty interesting mystery / drama.

I'll watch Angels and Demons but might not pay to watch it in the cinema unless my friends really want to go.

:o

Tom Hanks = The Green Mile, Saving Private Ryan, Philadelphia, Castaway, Big, Forrest Gump, Splash, Dragnet, The 'burbs, Toy Story, Road to Perdition, Catch me if you can, Lady Killers, The Terminal, Charlie Wilson's War + the Rom Coms!

Tom Hanks is full of more win than any actor... EVER!!!

Bold = Fantastic films (5* Definately)

Italic = Bloody good films!

Green = One of the best films ever (IMO)

You Hanky Hater make me sick!!! :sick::angry:

P.s. Angels and Demons is a much better story than The Da Vinci Code and much more suited to a film... should be good!

Edited by Phube