Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird'. Very good film. Korean I think

Yeah it's Korean, Kim Ji Woon. If you liked that you should check out the two films he did before it - Tale of Two Sisters is a really beautifully shot pseudo-horror and there's an immensely stylish martial arts / action film called Bittersweet Life that's just simply too cool.

If it says "Directed by Sam Raimi", then - by all accounts - yes!!!

Depends - he goes in fits and starts...but this is a return to his comic horror roots and well worth the excursion to the cinema. It's a 'date-flick': cheesy and horrific in equal measure.

I'm a Raimi fan but Spiderman 3 really was a pile of too long gash.

You should watch the Evil Dead films. Good fun.

Evil Dead 3 is in my all-time Top 5 flicks.

Give me some sugar, baby.

I watched 'Oh Brother where art thou' for the first time last night. For such a highly praised film you'd think it would at least have a plot. It seemed like they were just making it up as they went along.

No sorry... it's a fantastic film (probably in my top five). As someone else mentioned, it's based on Homer's Odyssey (rather famous Greek poem) but it's not a film that really needs a strong, obvious plot. If you didn't like it it's obviously not your type of film, because it's a perfect and brilliant example of its kind...

Surely you at least found it funny? "Well ain't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere!" - classic!

I like Phone Booth, although I haven't seen it for a while. Can never be as good as the first time you watch it though, similar with Saw.

Yeah I think it's alright, pretty clever how you can direct so much of one film in one place and for it to still be a decent film.

Watched Terminator 2 last night.

Like :)

i went to watch terminator salvation last night and ten came home and turned on tht tv to find this on.

terminator salvation is a pretty good film btw. not the most amaziing film but i didnt find myself bored in any part of it. I think they found a pretty good blend of action and story.

'The Happening' for me tonight.

Strange film.

They're running from something but you never find out for certain what it is although people have theories.

No explanation as to how it started or why it ended so suddenly 24 hours later.

Still worth watching for Zooey Deschanel. :wub:

Strange film.

They're running from something but you never find out for certain what it is although people have theories.

No explanation as to how it started or why it ended so suddenly 24 hours later.

Still worth watching for Zooey Deschanel. :wub:

There we're a few scenes I liked in the film but what I mainly took away from that film was the terrible acting/script.

terminator salvation is a pretty good film btw. not the most amaziing film but i didnt find myself bored in any part of it. I think they found a pretty good blend of action and story.

Yeah I watched it today, it's really good :) Judging by the ending there's got to be another one.

While I was at the cinema I saw the trailer for Bruno and it looks quite funny lol

Bruno Trailer

Edited by AMYB101_LCFC

Yeah I watched it today, it's really good :) Judging by the ending there's got to be another one.

While I was at the cinema I saw the trailer for Bruno and it looks quite funny lol

Bruno Trailer

my mate said that apperently they want to make another trilogy

i suppose it depends how much money they make from this one/how well its recieved

if theres a market for more then i would expect more