Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Terminator Salvation was laughable to watch, an embarrassment to the first 2, id feared it was always going to be so but i had hope when Christian Bale was announced......im just glad he wasn't in it for long...total cliched garbage...next film!

Saw T4 last night, I'm not a big fan (still haven't seen the first one), but I did enjoy T2, anyway it was poor tbh but just about watchable, one question though why on earth did they choose christian bale? who is one of the dullest actors around, unless they knew the movie was bad and didnt really care who would front it?

Saw T4 last night, I'm not a big fan (still haven't seen the first one), but I did enjoy T2, anyway it was poor tbh but just about watchable, one question though why on earth did they choose christian bale? who is one of the dullest actors around, unless they knew the movie was bad and didnt really care who would front it?

Get out.

No.

Just get the fuck out. Now.

He's been outperformed in every movie I've seen him in, even the robots outperformed him in this movie.

He was batman ffs and still was surpassed by other characters.

By who? The Joker? Well hardly surprising, Heath Ledgers Joker will go down as one of the best performances of the century.

Although I'm a real sucker for dumb challenges I'm going to pass up on this one. The concept leaves me cold...now if it was zombies on the plane biting the heads off virgins I'd be so there :D

poster_flightdead-poster.jpg

You asked for it now watch it!

Does anyone else apart from me think that this sticky isn't really working?

lol Yeah, it'll never catch on.

Grow up.

In his defence Ledger's Joker is certainly one of the better performances ever, there's no denying that. Best of the decade is a different kettle of fish mind. His comment was almost certainly hyperbole but definately had a basis to it.

Future Films I Can't Wait To See:

The Hangover

Gigantic (Paul Dano, Zooey Deschanel, John Goodman)

Public Enemies (Michael Mann directing Depp, Bale and Tatum)

Land Of The Lost (Will Ferrell, Anna Friel and Danny McBride)

G.I Joe

The Ugly Truth (Katherine Heigl, Kevin Connolly and Gerard Butler)

Shorts (Robert Rodriguez, Kat Dennings :wub: and William H. Macy)

Inglorious Bastard (Tarantino, Pitt et al)

Adventureland (Kristen Stewart, Ryan Reynolds, Jesse Eisenberg)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Anna Faris, Bill Hader, Bruce Campbell)

Jennifer's Body (Megan Fox, Adam Brody )

Up (Pixar)

That should do me until 2010 methinks.

Future Films I Can't Wait To See:

The Hangover

Gigantic (Paul Dano, Zooey Deschanel, John Goodman)

Public Enemies (Michael Mann directing Depp, Bale and Tatum)

Land Of The Lost (Will Ferrell, Anna Friel and Danny McBride)

G.I Joe

The Ugly Truth (Katherine Heigl, Kevin Connolly and Gerard Butler)

Shorts (Robert Rodriguez, Kat Dennings :wub: and William H. Macy)

Inglorious Bastard (Tarantino, Pitt et al)

Adventureland (Kristen Stewart, Ryan Reynolds, Jesse Eisenberg)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Anna Faris, Bill Hader, Bruce Campbell)

Jennifer's Body (Megan Fox, Adam Brody )

Up (Pixar)

That should do me until 2010 methinks.

I don't think The Hangover looks too great. Keep thinking that the bits in the adverts for it may be the funniest parts of the film and that's it.

I do want to see Inglorious Bastard though.

It was a strong performance but playing the bad guy is easy, especially an insane one. The Joker is such an archetype that it all it needs is a bit of energy and a bit of creativity to pull something like that off - it's large, it's eccentric, it's unsubtle. Compare Ledger's Joker to Tom Hardy's Charlie Bronson and you tell me why the latter isn't worth the same plaudits?

One of the single greatest - yet the most overlooked - portrayals of a disturbed bad guy of this decade so far wasn't on film at all, it was on a TV series in early 2000. The television adaptaion of Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast saw the first really prominent performance of Jon Rhys Meyers as Steerpike and he was absolutely staggering. Has never produced anything quite like it since, it was pure theatre.

Does anyone know if it? Do they fuck. Had it been made in Hollywood and had he (with all due respect to Heath Ledger's memory) unfortunately died several months later? Different story.

It was a strong performance but playing the bad guy is easy, especially an insane one. The Joker is such an archetype that it all it needs is a bit of energy and a bit of creativity to pull something like that off - it's large, it's eccentric, it's unsubtle. Compare Ledger's Joker to Tom Hardy's Charlie Bronson and you tell me why the latter isn't worth the same plaudits?

One of the single greatest - yet the most overlooked - portrayals of a disturbed bad guy of this decade so far wasn't on film at all, it was on a TV series in early 2000. The television adaptaion of Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast saw the first really prominent performance of Jon Rhys Meyers as Steerpike and he was absolutely staggering. Has never produced anything quite like it since, it was pure theatre.

Does anyone know if it? Do they fuck. Had it been made in Hollywood and had he (with all due respect to Heath Ledger's memory) unfortunately died several months later? Different story.

You really need to get out more

I don't think The Hangover looks too great. Keep thinking that the bits in the adverts for it may be the funniest parts of the film and that's it.

I do want to see Inglorious Bastard though.

I heard nothing but rave reviews for the Hangover and it's so good it's already been comissioned for a sequel on the strength of the prevews alone.

... because I've watched a TV show? :blink:

This coming from the boy that fanatically mutilates his body for the sakes of "fitness"?

No...just the way you banged on and analysed Heath Ledger's performance in a film, yes a film its no REAL. The way you post on here signals you always think you are right, and thats the end of any debate. You do it all the time.

So what if I like keeping fit? Much more challenging and rewarding than sitting in film reviewing like James King you little 'boy'.

No...just the way you banged on and analysed Heath Ledger's performance in a film, yes a film its no REAL. The way you post on here signals you always think you are right, and thats the end of any debate. You do it all the time.

So what if I like keeping fit? Much more challenging and rewarding than sitting in film reviewing like James King you little 'boy'.

lol You realise the irony there, right?

(Oh, and btw, I'd rather look like a 12 year old boy than Spongebob Squarepants.)

Edited by Finnegan