Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

He's been outperformed in every movie I've seen him in, even the robots outperformed him in this movie.

He was batman ffs and still was surpassed by other characters.

The Dark Knight already had Batman has an estabilished character therefore the focus of the film wasn't on Batman but Heath's portrail of The Joker and the transformation of Harvey Dent into Two-Face.

As for being out performed you can't have watched The Machinist.

The Dark Knight already had Batman has an estabilished character therefore the focus of the film wasn't on Batman but Heath's portrayal of The Joker and the transformation of Harvey Dent into Two-Face.

As for being out performed you can't have watched The Machinist.

And more focus on Ledger because of his death earlier in the year.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have got the credit he deserved, but he was given much more because of his untimely death.

I thought it was decent, as an action movie, and thats what it is, its good.

Its Terminator - it never was going to have a intricate storyline, its just humans and robots killing the fuck out of eachother!

S'fine, we differ then :thumbup:

That was meant to read ''I thought it was decent as an action movie, and thats what it is, a solid action movie.

Fair enough we dont agree. It'd be a boring world if we all did :cool:

On another note I've just watched For a Few Dollars More, after watching Fistful of Dollars yesterday.

Really getting into the Westerns. Clint Eastwood is a legend.

Tonight i have the choice of Last House On The Left (2009),Friday the 13th (2009) or The Horsemen

Can anyone reccommend any of these? :dunno:

Opted for Last House On The Left - would reccommend this if you like violent thrillers

I thought it was very good! quite disturbing to watch at times

I thought it was decent, as an action movie, and thats what it is, its good.

Its Terminator - it never was going to have a intricate storyline, its just humans and robots killing the fuck out of eachother!

I saw Terminator on Wednesday. Bit let down, thought the film had more potential, but still fairly enjoyable. . 6.5/10.

I watched Terminator Salvation last night. I'd rate it a 7/10.

We were never going to get another terminator film as good as T2 but as long as it was better than Rise of the Machines I think we can all be thankful. Salvation certainly was better than ROTM but like most people are saying it definately could have been better.

Going to see The Hangover tonight, read some rave reviews about it.

Here's another one.

It's fucking fantastic. Best non-Judd Apatow comedy in years. Don't go in expecting the Mike Tyson bit to be the funniest part of the film either, it's not, by a long way. There's so many hilarious moments in the film its unreal. And it kinda works as a story as well. Also - stay to watch the photos in the credits as well. Class.

finally i saw star trek last night i am a massive sc fi fan/geek , to be honest alot more of a star wars than star trek fan , but i allways liked THE WRATH OF KHAN , THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK , THE VOYAGE HOME , FIRST CONTACT , WATCHED NEXT GENERATION ON AND OFF , LIKED VOYAGER. the new film was good but a bit over hyped for my liking. acting great effects great but maybe a bit too much cgi at times , the plot was clever the way they have reset the whole star trek universe up so they can do whatever they want with it. the bit where kirk was listening to the beastie boys in his car was weird i mean to think the beastie boys will still be listened too by teenage kids in hundreds of years time is mad. anyway i did like the film but just hope for a more fulfilling plot next film , as an origin film great just cant wait for them to start a proper mission

Don't care what the fanboys want to say, it's not the best Philip K Dick film adaptation in my opinion. ;)

I'd honestly much rather Scanner Darkly any day of the week. Thought it didn't receive any where near the plaudits it deserved. Class.

Oh. As an extra - if you enjoyed Blade Runner and are also open minded about animation, check out the stand-alone film Innocence from the Ghost in the Shell world. It's often called Ghost in the Shell 2 but it's not really a direct sequel (and is, in my opinion, a much better film.)

Edited by Finnegan

Here's another one.

It's fucking fantastic. Best non-Judd Apatow comedy in years. Don't go in expecting the Mike Tyson bit to be the funniest part of the film either, it's not, by a long way. There's so many hilarious moments in the film its unreal. And it kinda works as a story as well. Also - stay to watch the photos in the credits as well. Class.

Bloody brilliant. The photos at the end just finished off the film :giggle:

Told you :D

My mate said exactly the same thing to me this morning after he saw it and i'd given him the same build up.

Gonna have to see this again online methinks.

I think it was different from the usual American type humour getting a cheap laugh, it was more intelligent stuff.

I think it was different from the usual American type humour getting a cheap laugh, it was more intelligent stuff.

You could tell instantly that it was made by the same people as Old School. And it's just as good as Old School, possibly even beter.