Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

18 minutes ago, marbles said:

Sting

Dark comedy/horror about a giant spider.

Not a bad watch.  A little creepy at times, but nothing like Arachnophobia.  6/10

Had a quick gander on Youtube, guessing this is it...

• Like 2

Just watched Nope again. Loved it first time and loved it again. Seems to be not very well liked, I’ve not met a single person (apart from my girlfriend) that likes it as much as me, if at all. I think it’s one of the most beautifully shot films I’ve ever seen. It feels properly epic. I think it suffered because lots of people went in thinking it would be a horror but then when it wasn’t they weren’t sure what to make of it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Just watched Nope again. Loved it first time and loved it again. Seems to be not very well liked, I’ve not met a single person (apart from my girlfriend) that likes it as much as me, if at all. I think it’s one of the most beautifully shot films I’ve ever seen. It feels properly epic. I think it suffered because lots of people went in thinking it would be a horror but then when it wasn’t they weren’t sure what to make of it. 

The whole thing was just……weird to me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I liked it

• Like 1

Watched The Northman on Prime last night, the latest in a series of films very strongly recommended to me that I couldn't be bothered to watch at the time they came out and now I've watched it I think it's great and why didn't I watch it earlier?

2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cek9mr43x1xo 

“Sharks off Brazil coast test positive for cocaine”

We were all worried about Cocaine Bear when we should have been worried about Cocaine Shark all along…

coming soon.................Cocaine Sharknado

Seen a video on Youtube showing stills from 28 years later, according to the video, it might be a trio of films :dunno:

Found another video talking about the same thing.

Edited by ithuriel

On 22/07/2024 at 04:32, Bellend Sebastian said:

Watched The Northman on Prime last night, the latest in a series of films very strongly recommended to me that I couldn't be bothered to watch at the time they came out and now I've watched it I think it's great and why didn't I watch it earlier?

I'm a big fan of Robert Eggers' work. If you haven't seen them, The Lighthouse and The Witch are really good too.  

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

I'm a big fan of Robert Eggers' work. If you haven't seen them, The Lighthouse and The Witch are really good too.  

I thought The Lighthouse was amazing, but must admit I hadn't realised that The Northman was directed by the same guy until after I'd seen it. Wasn't aware of The Witch, I'll check it out, thank you

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

This is already breaking records for most viewed  trailer ever and it’s not even been out 24 hours 😂

You do fear itll be that typical modern sequel... terrible not good as the first. Trailer does look good however.