Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

As an old fashioned analogue sort of bloke I miss the mainstream channel film review shows like Film Night. Lot of movies come out that I know nothing about. By the way is it only old geezers that refer to going to the cinema as going to the pictures?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Just booked my tickets for Alien Romulus opening night at the local imax, bring it on.

It can't be any worse than Prometheus or its sequel surely?

I sat laughing in the cinema while watching Prometheus.  The level of intelligence shown in that movie was completely non-existent.  The most brain-dead moment occurred when she ran away from the rolling ship.  Rather than run to the left or right, she continues to run the same path as the rolling ship.  lol

As for putting David in a bag, again, a ridiculous way to end the movie.

Romulus does look more Alien than anything we've seen for a while.  The trailer gives off Alien Isolation vibes and the alien itself isn't CGI generated which is promising in terms of realism.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Used to love moviedrone on BBC when growing up where they'd show a classic film every week with someone introducing it.

When I was younger loved The Midnight Movie. Probably nod off after 20 mins now

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It can't be any worse than Prometheus or its sequel surely?

I sat laughing in the cinema while watching Prometheus.  The level of intelligence shown in that movie was completely non-existent.  The most brain-dead moment occurred when she ran away from the rolling ship.  Rather than run to the left or right, she continues to run the same path as the rolling ship.  lol

As for putting David in a bag, again, a ridiculous way to end the movie.

Romulus does look more Alien than anything we've seen for a while.  The trailer gives off Alien Isolation vibes and the alien itself isn't CGI generated which is promising in terms of realism.

I’m one of the few that really, really likes Prometheus. Thought covenant was just okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Fair enough.  This is a good watch 12 years on.  lol

I was going to post this about your comment

Birthed "the prometheus school of running away from things" forever on that channel lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Saw the new deadpool film. Didn’t enjoy it and the only good thing for me was that Victor was working behind the bar- two pints ****!

Was he? I didn't spot that. 

Edit - So it was. Beardy Boaby!

Edited by The Bear

Found a film on Youtube I had not seen since the 70s/80s but not found the sequel yet, basically really cheesy but fun, Flints theme was kinda cool too.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 2

On 06/08/2024 at 19:40, Grebfromgrebland said:

Used to love moviedrone on BBC when growing up where they'd show a classic film every week with someone introducing it.

Alex Cox introduced it, remember a fair few classics for that time and a fair few that would become classics like Terminator, he'd do a short intro detailing who directed, why the film was as it is etc.,

Looking up the guys name and brought back memories of this film, Vamp.

Edited by ithuriel