Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Cameron seems to have a thing for getting rid of grain from his movies, the 4k version of T2 was panned, I got it but prefer the bluray version.

Have Aliens on Dvd and Bluray so I think I'll skip, though I do have Alien on 4k which is my preferred version.

9 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Cameron seems to have a thing for getting rid of grain from his movies, the 4k version of T2 was panned, I got it but prefer the bluray version.

Have Aliens on Dvd and Bluray so I think I'll skip, though I do have Alien on 4k which is my preferred version.

I was going to get this but saw a similar review. Disappointing. Ordered alien 4k, is my favourite film, so can’t wait to watch it.

Saw the original at the cinema, got the Dvd then the Bluray and I always had a soft spot for the movie which was centered around the young girl who knew the couple, the street cop and Eric.

I have seen nothing but bad reviews for this remake and after watching this, I understand why.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Saw the original at the cinema, got the Dvd then the Bluray and I always had a soft spot for the movie which was centered around the young girl who knew the couple, the street cop and Eric.

I have seen nothing but bad reviews for this remake and after watching this, I understand why.

The geezer doing the voice over in pain or something?

On 27/08/2024 at 11:38, urban.spaceman said:

Absolutely LOVED Alien: Romulus. Best Alien film in almost 40 years. Outstanding filmmaking.

Just got back from watching it, quite enjoyed it!

I was quite surprised they put the last section of the film in though, the idea for it would've been a good way to setup a sequel if you see the girl with the injection mark on her neck before she goes into cryo and she actually stays in cryo

Now I am not quite sure how they could go into another film

Edited by moore_94

One third of the way through season 7 of Supernatural and Becky returned.

There's a huge number of guest actors from other sci-fi and fantasy shows that have appeared from Buffy to BSG but I think it's kinda cool that both the girls from Ginger Snaps have both had  decent guest roles in the show, Brigitte being Becky.

Ginger Snaps was a very good werewolf movie and the second was good too, the third movie was OK too.

Come across this on Ch.82 on freeview, Talking Pictures channel called Abandon Ship.

A black and white from 1957, Tyrone Power starring.

Apparently based on a true story.

The officer decides who lives and who dies on his lifeboat, just shows you do not need big epic stuff to make a great movie, just like other movies like Twelve Angry Men and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

At the end of the movie a question pops up,....guilty or innocent?

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

On 09/09/2024 at 18:11, Tommy Fresh said:

Watched Rebel Ridge on Netflix, pretty enjoyable and a fairly easy watch

Honestly I thought it was terrible - really mediocre acting, weak story line and very little imagination in the production - this I suppose is the idea of Netflix, you can watch mediocre movies and not feel like you've paid loads for the cinema to watch a sub par movie. 

19 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Honestly I thought it was terrible - really mediocre acting, weak story line and very little imagination in the production - this I suppose is the idea of Netflix, you can watch mediocre movies and not feel like you've paid loads for the cinema to watch a sub par movie. 

Yeah it wasn't great but for what is it was I thought it was alright and easy to just have on 

47 minutes ago, hejammy said:

A sunday night, switch your brain off tyoe of movie

On 13/09/2024 at 12:07, ithuriel said:

Come across this on Ch.82 on freeview, Talking Pictures channel called Abandon Ship.

A black and white from 1957, Tyrone Power starring.

Apparently based on a true story.

The officer decides who lives and who dies on his lifeboat, just shows you do not need big epic stuff to make a great movie, just like other movies like Twelve Angry Men and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

At the end of the movie a question pops up,....guilty or innocent?

Yep. Another example is why A Night To Remember is far superior to the overblown Titanic by Cameron

Damn, can't decide, there's a new 4k version of Dog Soldiers available with a ton of extras and a Bluray with same extras, about 16/18 for the Bluray and double that for the 4k

The second sight of Hammers The Mummy was beautiful, expensive but had to get that one.

Edited by ithuriel