Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Some of the stuff in Bruno was hilarious.

The palestinian bit was pretty damn funny, but calling the baby OJ was class lol

Infact I think it had twice as many laugh out loud parts than Borat.

I disagree with that. I think I now realise how good Borat actually is - the two films have identical plots, but just different lead characters.

If ever I want to die, I now know what film to watch by the sounds of it :)

Enough people die and come back to life as it is in that movie.

Seriously people, I cannot stress enough how bad that movie is. I was almost in tears because it doesn't feel nice to be raped.

Blimey you hate it so much, I almost want to watch it now, just to see why :D

I'll allow you to, as long as you don't like it. I know the feeling, I was dreading it but still intrigued. ;)

It just quotes Donnie Darko the whole way through, but without making any sense whatsoever. There are so many people who act as the manipulated dead (ala Frank) it's just bizarre. There's also another peadophile 'arc' in it which isn't explained in any way. Then there's the nerdy guy who has some random rash on his arm which goes nowhere whatsoever. He touches Sam up. The peado guy is a reverend and he also touches Sam up in a cinema. There are a ridiculous amont of time travelling parts. There's a meteorite. There's an exact duplicate of the party scene in DD. Some twat is told to 'burn it (church) to the ground' like in DD. This twat is eventually revealed to be the Grandson of ROBERTA SPARROW (Grandma Death) how she had kids I don't know. There's a feather inside a televsion.

tl;dr :

There's a character called Iraq Jack, that should show how lame it is. :thumbup:

Nice girls though.

:)

Edited by Libertine

But a well-connected one..

I still can't be sure whether he ridicules bigotry or panders to it.

What exactly are you saying here?

That he hasn't achieved all he has on merit?

As for the issue of him ridiculing or pandering to bigotry, I think Borat made it pretty clear that he was ridiculing it.

Watched Ghost World yesterday. Was veh good. Check it out if you like Juno/Napoleon Dynamite sort of stuff.

Features Thora Birch, Scarlett Johansson and Steve Buscemi. :thumbup:

2 reasons Im definately needing to see this one then!

Watched Ghost World yesterday. Was veh good. Check it out if you like Juno/Napoleon Dynamite sort of stuff.

2 reasons Im definately needing to see this one then!

Me too, although i can think of a better two reasons.

lol have you seen Vicki Christina Barcelona then? She gets it on with Penelope Cruz! You would probably like that film ;)

I've Youtubed the scene many a time because I cannot be bothered to watch the whole thing.

Thora Birch (daughter from American Beauty) is hot too btw (to me at least) but may not be for everyone's taste in Ghost World. :P

Great scene :D

Edited by Libertine

One of my top 5 films of all time. Check out American Splendour if you enjoyed that. Similar type of flick.

Excellent, excellent film. i love it when Buscemi plays dumb.