Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched The Lost Boys for probably about the 3,000th time.

:worship:

One of my favourite films as I grew up -- and probably got scared of vampires, doubting to invite people inside of the house. ;)

Pointy-teeth fans should check out tv-series True Blood.

Watched lately:

Observe and Report (not my kinda movie, had some laughs but all in all weak.)

Wolverine (ok action move)

If I am to spill a few of my top films that I've seen a few times, these come very high up:

1. The Thin Red Line (gotta be the world's most underrated movie - it drowned in the noobness of Saving Private Ryan. Excellent actors, strong story, sucks you right into the horror and tragedy of war with a little pinch of human decency.

2. The usual suspects (always a classic, the most surprising end)

3. Dead Man Shoes (2004, a rather unkown UK film). Strong movie with some dark humour and a few laughs initially, but while you laugh you have a feeling that something is awfully wrong. And it is. Great movie - theme is revenge. Check it out.

Edited by haraven

1. The Thin Red Line (gotta be the world's most underrated movie - it drowned in the noobness of Saving Private Ryan. Excellent actors, strong story, sucks you right into the horror and tragedy of war with a little pinch of human decency.

Worst war movie ever!! Sooo boring and drowning in its own self importance and high school poetry!

Oh I watched 2001: A Space Odyessy. Seriously WTF is all that about?!??! :unsure:

Worst war movie ever!! Sooo boring and drowning in its own self importance and high school poetry!

Oh I watched 2001: A Space Odyessy. Seriously WTF is all that about?!??! :unsure:

:eek: insulting 2 good movies!

What do you like to watch then? Howard the Duck and Highlander II? :P

Edited by haraven

:eek: insulting 2 good movies!

What do you like to watch then? Howard the Duck and Highlander II? :P

I never said 2001 wasn't good - especially technically, but seriously you explain to me the last 20mins!!

And Howard the Duck was great when I was a kid! :P

I started watching Watchmen last night it goes on for hours and nothing happens for ages massive disappointment having to do it in 2 sittings as couldn't bare to watch it all after about 80mins of nothing happening I decided to do something else instead.

will watch the other half later

How on earth (no pun intended) dont you understand what 2001: A Space Odyessy is about?

Okay:

Apes live life, monolith appears, get cleverer! Man in space find another monolith on Moon, work out it's energy is directed at Jupiter, mission to Jupiter HAL 9000 goes mad kills all but 1 crew. 1 crew gets to Jupiter.

Fine all makes sense (if done in a BORING, over-long way!).

Next: pile of crap.

Goes into worm hole (possibly Ludicrous Speed!) , visits himself in room at 20 year intervals, turns into foetus, returns to Earth as foetus...

Perfectly simple!! :blink::S

Okay:

Apes live life, monolith appears, get cleverer! Man in space find another monolith on Moon, work out it's energy is directed at Jupiter, mission to Jupiter HAL 9000 goes mad kills all but 1 crew. 1 crew gets to Jupiter.

Fine all makes sense (if done in a BORING, over-long way!).

Next: pile of crap.

Goes into worm hole (possibly Ludicrous Speed!) , visits himself in room at 20 year intervals, turns into foetus, returns to Earth as foetus...

Perfectly simple!! :blink::S

You did better than me. I turned over after 15 minutes.