Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Can I ask why? I'm not one for masturbatory films about how brilliant so and so criminal is but I thought, artistically, it was a masterpiece, personally.

Because I thought it was lame.

It came across as though they thought they had a shit script. Rather than trying to improve it, they would attempt to be a bit artistic to fill it out. ie. him on stage narrating his life whilst being mental. It just failed rather miserably for me.

Winstone's character goes from holding someone at gunpoint to killing someone with a motor blade to throwing herself overboard in the space of about three minutes. lol

Acting straight out of A-Level drama too....we have a lad who goes from mute to unsure lad to cocky confident to mute to nasty killer....and it was at that point I stopped.

Gonna go see The Hurt Locker next week, love Bigelow's previous efforts and this looks top notch too. Will report back once I have

Very good!

District 9 out today. Was going to go and see it tonight but recovering from feeling close to death the last few days lol. Supposed to be a great film.

Went to see it in the end. Awesome film. Got a good story to it but also a good mix of action and some comedy thrown in. Never boring in any part tbf. Really enjoyed it.

'The Dammed United'. Not a bad film but not a great film. For those of us who can remember the 70s the period detail was good but Cloughs obsession with Revie didn't really ring true to me. The film seemed to lack something. 7/10

My girlfriend rented the dark knight 9I had seen some of it already but fell asllep) last night, she knew I couldn't stand comic book films but she had heard this one was different so I gave it a shot.

It was ok (at best) the start didn't fill me with confidence with batman speaking like clint eastwood,and that ridiculas court scene. Chrisitian bale must be pissed every film I've seen him in he gets out acted now he gets the chance of being batman but still he's outshone this time by one of the few positives in the film keith ledgers performance as batman.

Plus it was way too long.

5/10.

My girlfriend rented the dark knight 9I had seen some of it already but fell asllep) last night, she knew I couldn't stand comic book films but she had heard this one was different so I gave it a shot.

It was ok (at best) the start didn't fill me with confidence with batman speaking like clint eastwood,and that ridiculas court scene. Chrisitian bale must be pissed every film I've seen him in he gets out acted now he gets the chance of being batman but still he's outshone this time by one of the few positives in the film keith ledgers performance as batman.

Plus it was way too long.

5/10.

Are you actually serious?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Its deservedly made its way into the top ten films of all time.

And I cant wait to watch it again tonight.

Fair enough if its not your genre.