Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

The joke thread

right so it was just a false racist joke.

Madonna was driving down down a road when she passed a sign that said 30. So she stopped and got out.

Is that funny too?

I actually laughed at that :blush:

Although all of those jokes could be improved with the word limit in there.

The original joke is a play on the stereotype that asian families are quite large and will try and squeeze as many into a car as possible, probably funnier if it was set in India or Thailand where that is more prevalent, I can't say I've seen any over packed cars down Belgrave road for many years now, but I do remember seeing a couple when I was younger.

pd2086953.jpg

07-08-23_moped-6.jpg

Edit: and it's not racist, false or otherwise, it is finding humour in the idiosyncrasies of other cultures.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

I was not having a go at you FF. Just asking why the first was funny.

I was agreeing with you nightguard.

I actually laughed at that :blush:

Pretty sad when I came make up a joke on the spur of the second that's better than the original.

I was agreeing with you nightguard.

Pretty sad when I came make up a joke on the spur of the second that's better than the original.

Sad or awesome, you should be more positive about your own talents, rather than being negative towards others, you have a lot to offer this world, and don't you forget it.

Sad or awesome, you should be more positive about your own talents, rather than being negative towards others, you have a lot to offer this world, and don't you forget it.

I'm so much better at being negative. I'm honing the skill.

The joke was funny up to a point but it was the specific race that made it less funny. If told over and over it loses it originality. I can imagine americans using Mexicans.

What, to like, clean up after them, and do all the shitty jobs they don't want to do, and get paid a pittance to do so?

What, to like, clean up after them, and do all the shitty jobs they don't want to do, and get paid a pittance to do so?

No just say different countries have different scapegoats. The manuel in the German dubbed version of fawlty Towers was Romanian I think.

Edited by Nightguard

It's really easy - sorta like yo Momma jokes.

e.g. Dolly Parton was driving down down a road when she passed a sign that said 30. So she stopped and got out.

Why don't you try it? Then the joke thread can become completely lame.

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn. The joke was funny, because there was an element of truth that can be related to it. Ive seen 7, shall we say 'South Asians' (just to be PC for some people) crammed in to a car, and to make it more stereotypical or whatever, it was a Nissan Micra lol. Id be seriously suprised if people here hadnt heard of that stereotype, or joke, or however you want to spin it

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn. The joke was funny, because there was an element of truth that can be related to it. Ive seen 7, shall we say 'South Asians' (just to be PC for some people) crammed in to a car, and to make it more stereotypical or whatever, it was a Nissan Micra lol. Id be seriously suprised if people here hadnt heard of that stereotype, or joke, or however you want to spin it

I'm just bored so thought I would deconstruct it for a laugh, to be honest I think the lack of sleep, and work boredom has set in, I am finding FIF's jokes funny, and Nightguard's surreal 12 bowler hats comment, my under-stimulated brain had fun picturing the looks of confusion all round as 12 bowler hats came flying out of a car, hitting a bemused looking Madonna standing in front of a 30 sign, trying to convince Dolly Parton she is young enough to continue.

Right (rolls up sleaves), when I was young it wasn't uncommon to see even cars of "white" (for want of a better word) people that had 7 or 8 people in (usually small children. I can remember sitting on peoples knees in the back and having other kids sit on my knee when I was one of the bigger kids. Back then rear seats didn't even have seatbelts. It's purely a cultural thing and the culture in reference is the health and safety culture, so if anything the joke is, erm... attitudinational?

Right (rolls up sleaves), when I was young it wasn't uncommon to see even cars of "white" (for want of a better word) people that had 7 or 8 people in (usually small children. I can remember sitting on peoples knees in the back and having other kids sit on my knee when I was one of the bigger kids. Back then rear seats didn't even have seatbelts. It's purely a cultural thing and the culture in reference is the health and safety culture, so if anything the joke is, erm... attitudinational?

Honkies?

It's as good as any other word.

Did black people actually ever call white people honkies, cos I've only ever seen it used in a comic setting - never actually seen it used seriously in media or heard a black person call a white person a honkie (other than as a joke)?

We should get Mythbusters on this!

I'm just bored so thought I would deconstruct it for a laugh, to be honest I think the lack of sleep, and work boredom has set in, I am finding FIF's jokes funny, and Nightguard's surreal 12 bowler hats comment, my under-stimulated brain had fun picturing the looks of confusion all round as 12 bowler hats came flying out of a car, hitting a bemused looking Madonna standing in front of a 30 sign, trying to convince Dolly Parton she is young enough to continue.

Haha, touche. To be honest, the way you described that scenario got a grin out of me :thumbup:

Madonna was linked to age

Dolly Parton was linked to breast size.

C'mon shrap I'm not that boring that' I'd use the same joke twice. ;)

It's as good as any other word.

Did black people actually ever call white people honkies, cos I've only ever seen it used in a comic setting - never actually seen it used seriously in media or heard a black person call a white person a honkie (other than as a joke)?

We should get Mythbusters on this!

Honky was used at my school.

Madonna was linked to age

Dolly Parton was linked to breast size.

C'mon shrap I'm not that boring that' I'd use the same joke twice. ;)

If I was going to pick someone to make a breast size joke, I would have gone with Jordan, but then that might be thought of as an intelligence joke, also isn't size 30 breasts kinda normal, unless you are talking about diameter in inches.

Honky was used at my school.

What did they use him for?

If I was going to pick someone to make a breast size joke, I would have gone with Jordan, but then that might be thought of as an intelligence joke, also isn't size 30 breasts kinda normal, unless you are talking about diameter in inches.

What did they use him for?

whitebait.