Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

The joke thread

Just found out that "Aaarrrrggghhh" is not an actual real word.

I can't even begin to tell you how angry i am.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Recently bought a suicide bed.

Every morning i have to talk myself out of it.

Edited by Webbo

Apparently there's a new drug that has been clinically proven to help reduce the number of instances of armed robbery....

...Thalidomide.

(Feel a bit bad now)

I had a friend who was a thalidomide... he got taken to hospital once with severe burns after a 5th of November party with his family...

Told me it said on the fireworks box " light at arms length"

• Like 2

I had a friend who was a thalidomide... he got taken to hospital once with severe burns after a 5th of November party with his family...

Told me it said on the fireworks box " light at arms length"

I appreciate you probably didn't write that joke, but you do know Thalidomide isn't a disease it was a pill to be taken during pregnancy to ease morning sickness? 

The correct, but not politically, term for someone who suffers from physical disability brought on by their mother taking thalidomide during pregnancy is "flid".

Incidentally this looks like a great film:

1_midi.jpg

Dear Sir,

On behalf of Channel Four, may I firstly thank you for your application submitted on behalf of your wife for our new reality show. Also the charming photograph you enclosed.

Whilst agreeing that she could make a worthy contribution to the programme if selected, I should point out that the correct title of the series is actually "Fact Hunt".

Kind regards,

Channel Four.

• Like 2

I appreciate you probably didn't write that joke, but you do know Thalidomide isn't a disease it was a pill to be taken during pregnancy to ease morning sickness?

The correct, but not politically, term for someone who suffers from physical disability brought on by their mother taking thalidomide during pregnancy is "flid".

Incidentally this looks like a great film:

1_midi.jpg

Yes I did know that it was originally the name of the drug.

open to debate, about if that is the correct term or not!

I grew up on vicky park playing football on a sunday morning with someone who had really short arms.. great player. Always drove himself there and back which impressed me... after about two years I finally plucked up the courage to ask him about his disability. He simply told me that he was a thalidomide. It is a term I had heard several times since... as well as flid but I always considered that less kind..