Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

The joke thread

lol Thomas the Train!

The annoying part of that is that I guess very few kids in England would know what a tank engine is if it wasn't for Thomas. It's like American's are unwilling (or unable :whistle: ) to learn any new cultural references.

Honestly, i think they are just fighting hard to try and develop/ establish their own cultural referances... It really is quite a relatively new country i suppose...

I've never known him as anything but Thomas the Tank Engine :/

Thanks to him and the rest of his friends, and having younger brothers that loved all that, I learned that what we call, "molasses," you call, "treacle." lol

Besides, there's just such a better cadence to saying, "Thomas the Tank Engine," than the dull, plain, "Thomas the Train."

The elderly Italian man went to his parish priest and asked if the priest would hear his confession. "Of course, my son," said the priest. "Well, Father, at the beginning of World War Two, a beautiful woman knocked on my door and asked me to hide her from the Germans; I hid her in my attic, and they never found her." "That's a wonderful thing, my son, and nothing that you need to confess," said the priest. "It's worse, Father; I was weak, and told her that she had to pay for rent of the attic with her sexual favors," continued the old man. "Well, it was a very difficult time, and you took a large risk -you would have suffered terribly at their hands if the Germans had found you hiding her; I know that God, in his wisdom and mercy, will balance the good and the evil, and judge you kindly," said the priest. "Thanks, Father," said the old man. "That's a load off of my mind. Can I ask another question?" "Of course, my son," said the priest. The old man asked, "Do I need to tell her that the war is over?".

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

In 2001 Peter Taylor walks into a building society to get a mortgage for his new mansion in Rothley, but he bangs his way on the way in and passes out.

When he comes round he asks someone, "Where am I?"

"You're in the Nationwide mate," someone replies.

"What?! It's been four years?!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...