Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Cardiff Match Reactions

Kisnorbo and McAuley were solid, a coincidence that when McCarthy is out we keep two clean sheets in a row? I think we should stick with these two for the time being, Kisnorbo makes a better captain in my opinion.

Hammond has the first touch of a donkey. Didn't look interested at all today, wasn't chasing anything so Hume did it all. And when he does have the ball he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Thought Johansson had a pretty poor first half but improved in the second. Williams' final ball was dismal in the first half, slightly better in the second.

Low was an absolute disgrace. He's scared to have the ball. As soon as he has the ball he is looking to get rid of it straight away. Wouldn't be so bad if he was a central midfielder but he is a winger so should try to run it and beat the fullbacks. We should definitely try Gradel on the right wing, or perhaps even trying Maybury there again.

Boring game overall, seemed to last forever.

Well those people who think Hammond was useless are deluded. He causes havoc in opposing defences. When Fryatt came on we went back to playing how we did in the early season.

Also, Josh Low was wack again

I was dissapointed in Kelly's subs.

I would have put weso on for Low and then if we still hadnt found a way through i would have taken off maybury and played all three strikers up front. In a 3-4-3 because Nissa, Kisornobo and Mcauley would be a great back three. Pace, power and agression.

Overall we seems to be gelling as a team, shown by players interchanging positions well. The future is looking good, now wall we need is a cretive centre mid, a creative right winger and a bulky agressive target man as an option.

Steve Kabba, Phil Ifil anyone?

I said exactly the same to my son about bringing Fryatt on as well as Hume and Hammond. Kelly was always too respectful of Cardiff...and near everyone else as far as I can see.

Porter plus three strikers would give anyone a headache.

well that game just confirmed everything i've seen about city and this league this season.

1 cardiff were without doubt one of the worst sides i've seen at the walkers this season and infact for longer than that. devoid of ideas slow in defence no width and very little quality and a striker who spent most of the afternoon diving are feigning injury and yet not only could we not beat them but we could barely manage a shot on target in fact it took 44 mins for us to have a single shot on target which is just pathetic.

2 we have no strikers worthy of the name.

3 we have no wide right sided players and unless hughes recovers i fear low will start again on boxing day as that other useless player sylla is currently injured.

4 our set pieces are shocking. what happens on the training ground.

5 long aimless balls played out of defence to smaller than average attackers.

6 no movement by the front men of any note off the ball.

7 some comic defenders (eg kisnorbo today wacking the ball straight into mcauley or completely missing a header and allowing the ball to bounce over him) defenders inept at passing the ball out of defence to a colleague i agree with thracian kisnorbo should not be allowed to pass the ball more than 10 yards!

8 no creativity in midfield.

9 a board incapable of raising money after all where is the mystery american or indeed the "local" midlands consortium. if the mm deal falls through the immediate future is one of selling players if anyone is mad enough to buy them and decreasing the size of our squad. we could start by sending back welsh to sunderland. hard to see how we can justify his wages.

7 some comic defenders (eg kisnorbo today wacking the ball straight into mcauley or completely missing a header and allowing the ball to bounce over him)

That would be the only one that isn't complete bollux. Being only half bollux, since despite the comedy, they defended pretty well.

I said exactly the same to my son about bringing Fryatt on as well as Hume and Hammond. Kelly was always too respectful of Cardiff...and near everyone elese as far as I can see.

Porter plus three strikers would give anyone a headache.

I do hope he will one day learn and not be so fearful of the opposition. I'm sure with a few bob and better attacking players he will fear the opposition less. If we had attacked today we could have given cadiff a mauling ohhhhh when will we ever learn.

fryatt did N-O-T-H-I-N-G yet again Hammonds scored 2 in 2 and actually looks like doing something, hes unpredictable and can actually run unlike fryatt.

Face it as soon as Hammond came off there was only going to be one result, unless they nicked it at the end.

I agree with the comment about Hammond being unpredictable...unfortunately he has no idea what he's doing either!!

Right it wasn't a great performance by any means, and it didn't make us out to be one of the best sides in the league, but we were much better yesterday than we have been. Hammond is slightly better atm than he has been for us (despite what other posters in this thread think). Fryatt didn't look good enough yesterday, though his work-rate and effort was better than it has been for a while. Slowly regaining form methinks. As for Huuume, I'll grant him a dip in form, it was to be expected. Center-back pairing was solid yesterday, I actually felt comfortable when the ball went towards them. Referee was abysmal. Words cannot describe how Josh Low makes me feel (in a negative way of course). Raffo is a legend, Hovis was quality, Cardiff were poor. Atmosphere wasn't too bad either considering the crowd size.

A decent-ish performance I think considering we were against a top 6 side. I may just recover what everyone else has said but i haven't read any other posts so sorry if I have. These were my thoughts:

1. Nissa was very impressive for me- City MOM I thought.

2. Low was absolutely terrible as has been said a lot already in this thread. But to be fair to him, when he did get the ball, he didn't have a lot on for him because he can hardly skin anyone can he?

3. Tiatto had a great first half I thought.

4. Kisnorbo looked a bit shaky in places but still had a good game

5. McAuley was brilliant as ever

6. Hume had a much better game than he has been having recently

7. Elvis was more of a problem to the opposition than usual

8. That move we made just before half time!!! Wow! I thought our shirts had turned yellow for a few seconds!

9. Kelly made thoughtful and good substitutions.

Overall we should have beat a very poor cardiff team but in the end it's not a bad results really.

Archived