Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

When McCarthy came over to the Kop at the end

What was your reaction?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Did you...?

• Applaud his sterling effort
    • Ignore him
    • Tell him to f*ck off

For me, we have no leaders on or off the pitch. If McCarthy isn't captain, who should be? Tiatto has some passion, but he can't last 90 minutes and often shows his passion by getting booked. I'm really scratching my head to think of who should be skipper, but I do think it's important. We need someone with intelligence, and someone able to inspire those around him. Erm .......

It's not about who should be captain. They should all be big and brave enough to accept a collective responsibillity. One captain? they should all be captains together. At the end of the day the captain is only there to call a toss at the beginning of the game. I don't subscribe to the thought that players respond to the call of one person. There is a fundamental problem at Leicester City that is so deep rooted that it I think will only be solved by the injection of pride over salarys.

Normally yes but when they put in no effort at all I don't want them to come over and applaud like we've achieved something. They are always welcome to come over and say sorry we just couldn't really be arsed today and so played crap.

How is Paddy meant to say sorry?

Shout? :ph34r:

:dunno:

Never think he might have done that because McAuley was knackered? :dunno:

I don't think so. It was fairly obvious that as soon as Leicester lost a game that McAuley would be the scapegoat and McCarthy would be drafted straight back in. I feel sorry for Gareth, he gets chances due to our other two defenders having a piss poor disciplinary record, but once they are back available it's only a matter of time before Kelly drops McAuley for either one of them. McAuley has got better and betetr each game he's played and I prefer him to McCarthy.

I don't think so. It was fairly obvious that as soon as Leicester lost a game that McAuley would be the scapegoat and McCarthy would be drafted straight back in. I feel sorry for Gareth, he gets chances due to our other two defenders having a piss poor disciplinary record, but once they are back available it's only a matter of time before Kelly drops McAuley for either one of them. McAuley has got better and betetr each game he's played and I prefer him to McCarthy.

its the same for johansson, he always gets dropped when we have a bad run but he has been arguably our most consistent player this season in my opinion.

Can't disagree with any of that :appl::thumbup: We look much more solid usually with McAuley at the back, and he certainly gives me more confidence than Paddy McCarthy does. McCarthy has more passion than McAuley, but in terms of ability and consistency, McAuley is better hands down. If McCarthy wasn't club captain, he'd spend an awful lot more time on the sidelines, that I am sure of. Problem is, we don't have anybody else who could do a better job than McCarthy as captain.

What about one of their ruled out goals? McCarthy had 3 on him and instead of passing it back he tried to dribble round 'em, lost it and they scored. It was ruled offside but only because the guy who scored took it off of the tacklers foot. Had it not been for his greed they'd have grabbed another.

Archived