Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Where are they now?!

The main reason I started this thread is a bit personal to be honest! I used to live in Leicester upto the about 90/91 and used to play in a 5-a-side team with a player who I thought was going to make it huge with Leicester, a then 15yo lad called Ian Thompson.

He played for England u-16s and scored a memorable goal against Scotland at Filbo I can remember when he picked the ball up on his own penalty box and skinned most of there team to score. I can also remember him getting the winner against Holland live on ITV at Wembley. I heard he signed terms with City but he nevr played a game I dont think for the club.

Also, where is Ally Mauchlen these days? I can remember him being gutted when City turned down an offer from Rangers and didnt tell him about it lol!!! Also does any Leicester local know what happened to that jinky winger Tommy Wright??????

Plays for Barnsleh doesn't he? :blink:

Barnsley player, on loan to Walsall at the moment - where he's scored 2 goals in 5 starts and one sub appearance.

6'0 tall Striker, played for England at some youth levels.

Tommy Smith. :ph34r:

Having said all that, there's plenty of Tommy Smith's about. lol

Edited by lookwhaticando

Plays for Barnsleh doesn't he? :blink:

No mate. The only thing I heard was he went to Hinkley for a while. He was then a 6ft + big black dude who was playing in out 5-a-side team aged 14 and we were all 19-30!! He obviously didnt make it but I`d be interested to know if any die hard fan knew anything about him...

No mate. The only thing I heard was he went to Hinkley for a while. He was then a 6ft + big black dude who was playing in out 5-a-side team aged 14 and we were all 19-30!! He obviously didnt make it but I`d be interested to know if any die hard fan knew anything about him...

:ph34r: Definitely not the more recent Tommy Smith I detailed then. lol lol lol

:ph34r: Definitely not the more recent Tommy Smith I detailed then. lol lol lol

lol

BTW I was talking about Stevie Walsh on another thread. Whats he upto these days??? I always thought he was managerial material and hoped that one day he would manage Leicester??

lol

BTW I was talking about Stevie Walsh on another thread. Whats he upto these days??? I always thought he was managerial material and hoped that one day he would manage Leicester??

I'm going to look a right plank if I get this wrong...

But isn't Walshie the one in Spain who owns some kind of golf course or something? :ph34r:

**edit**

No... he's actually based in Northampton! lol

**edit again**

He IS in Spain. I was led astray by the company address in the top right, it ain't his. :P

That's a bit like Spain, I guess. But Our Steve Walsh does indeed run a golfing thing. Celebrity golf holidays. Nice looking website, too. ;)

Edited by lookwhaticando

The main reason I started this thread is a bit personal to be honest! I used to live in Leicester upto the about 90/91 and used to play in a 5-a-side team with a player who I thought was going to make it huge with Leicester, a then 15yo lad called Ian Thompson.

He played for England u-16s and scored a memorable goal against Scotland at Filbo I can remember when he picked the ball up on his own penalty box and skinned most of there team to score. I can also remember him getting the winner against Holland live on ITV at Wembley. I heard he signed terms with City but he nevr played a game I dont think for the club.

Also, where is Ally Mauchlen these days? I can remember him being gutted when City turned down an offer from Rangers and didnt tell him about it lol!!! Also does any Leicester local know what happened to that jinky winger Tommy Wright??????

see Ali in the club shop quite a bit

see Ali in the club shop quite a bit

Not serving the punters is he mate???! I saw him on an old masters comp on Sky and he looks in shape. Maybe we can re-sign him on a Bosman? :D

lol at that link of Stevie Walsh. I hope that doesnt double up at his landline as i`ll be phoning him up to get him to come out of retirement too!!! :P

I seen tommy wright in waterstones other week and i go school with stefan oakes sister or neice (She year below me) :D

Edited by ThurcastonFox1991

Mauchlen works for the club on a matchday doing the stadium tours and such like. Took my Dad for his 60th, and he's a sound guy - really friendly, talkative, and comes across as being really passionate about the club.

Mauchlen works for the club on a matchday doing the stadium tours and such like. Took my Dad for his 60th, and he's a sound guy - really friendly, talkative, and comes across as being really passionate about the club.

Its great to hear that Ally is about. He`s the type of character that we need about our club. A diehard winner!

Also works as a stores manager at British Gas on Aylestone Rd

One of my left wing footballing heroes Steve Hunt (ex-City Youth Team Coach, Covscum, Villa, New York Cosmos and England) runs a school of excellence down here on the Isle of Wight.

He does a coaching session with my Under 10's team once a fortnight and another with us coaches every 6 weeks. He's a really good bloke and has still got great balance and touch even though he had his knees rebuilt last Autumn.

Top player!

Was going to put some smart arsed comment about Lineker does a bit of telly etc

Made me think of the amount of our ex players involved in the media..sheds loads

Aye.

Dame Gary, Alan Smith, Claridge, Matt Jones, Mark Bright. Managers - Pleat, McLintock, O'Neill, Bassett.

There must be some others....?

Edited by Nationwider