Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Joey to return (to Burnley)

ooooohhh that book u have as ur sig, my dad got one of them for his b-day

A present from you Holly??! I know nothing about it to be honest as its just a pic from google :ph34r:

Anyway, good luck to Joey, go break a couple of legs mate :thumbup:

I know at least of couple of Leicester players live on those new flats just across the river from the stadium because the developers told us so when we were there doing Geography fieldwork last year. If fact she said "Oh look there goes Momo Sylla's wife" as a car drive by us. Of course she could have been lying; it might have been Doris the cleaning lady for all I know.

I know at least of couple of Leicester players live on those new flats just across the river from the stadium because the developers told us so when we were there doing Geography fieldwork last year. If fact she said "Oh look there goes Momo Sylla's wife" as a car drive by us. Of course she could have been lying; it might have been Doris the cleaning lady for all I know.

Martin in drag?

(That is the name of that guy he's taking to Africa right :dunno: )

Why are so many people upset about a rather mediocre player, who played in two very poor LCFC teams upset at him going to Burnley?

:dunno:

If Kelly was so keen to get him back then it proves he is no judge of a player.

Why are so many people upset about a rather mediocre player, who played in two very poor LCFC teams upset at him going to Burnley?

I think it just boils down to frustration to most fans. I personally dont give a toss and infact dont like bringing players back to the club who either left on a Bosman (costing us money) or re-signing them on former glories.

What i dont get at the moment is R Kelly. He is going on record, covering his backside by either saying that he didnt want to sell COG, or he wanted Joey Gudjohnsen or maoning about something or other. Doesnt he realise that your average fan will get more and more wound up to read that he actually wanted Joey and we couldnt afford him?? What a prat!!

BTW on an earlier post I said I heard Steve Cotterill say that upto £350k more in further installments were due in the deal but I misheard it and it was just £50k!!!

When I first heard about Joey becoming available, my gut instinct was that we should go for him. Now I've had time to think about it, its probably not the best move we could make for a number of reasons.

- He's a year older

- He hasn't played regularly at all

- He took a season here before he actually started playing well, would he need that again?

- People would expect far too much of him this time round

So I think he has made the best move in going to a new club and a good level of football for him. I've no doubts he'll do fine at Burnley but with the impending MM takeover, I think we'll have better options come the summer.

When I first heard about Joey becoming available, my gut instinct was that we should go for him. Now I've had time to think about it, its probably not the best move we could make for a number of reasons.

- He's a year older

- He hasn't played regularly at all

- He took a season here before he actually started playing well, would he need that again?

- People would expect far too much of him this time round

So I think he has made the best move in going to a new club and a good level of football for him. I've no doubts he'll do fine at Burnley but with the impending MM takeover, I think we'll have better options come the summer.

You can tell he isn't all that as a player by the fact he moves from Club to Club on such a regular basis, yes he might have hit one from 50 yards, but he was pish for more than a season and only played ok when AZ were sniffing around and dangling 4 years at him.

The fact he lasted 7 months tells it all.

Watch last seasons DVD and it will answer all your questions.

Joey was a good player for us last season.

He would have been just as good this season

Im gutted as I think he adds something to the team

Jealously is a bad thing. Good luck pal. Hope it goes well. You have been missed

Watch last seasons DVD and it will answer all your questions.

Joey was a good player for us last season.

He would have been just as good this season

Im gutted as I think he adds something to the team

Jealously is a bad thing. Good luck pal. Hope it goes well. You have been missed

What? That edited production that makes avoiding relegation seem like an achievement to be proud of?

Do me a favour <_<

I totally agree and im shocked that we are in the minority. :o

There's two situations here. For £150,000 you aren't going to get much more for your money than Joey Gudjonsson. 9 goals last season and 10-15 assists, which if you forget about his mis-placed passes and in-consistency is a very, very good return for a central midfielder at this level.

The other situation is that, hopefully the Mandaric deal will go through and we could look at getting players that aren't available for a pittance.

The only annoying thing would be that if heaven forbid the MM deal fell through, then we've missed a trick at £150k. I know we don't even have £150k, but we do miss Gudjonsson this season and i'd rather chop in another 1 or 2 non-entities for him than not have him if we continue to struggle financially.

Let's hope in the next week or so, we won't even have to worry about missing out on the likes of Journeymen Gudjonsson.

To the Burnley bloke - we'll take him off your hands in six months time, when he's bored. ;)

He must have liked his time here, after all, he stayed here two full years. He actually saw out his contract with us! :o:mellow::smile:

Errr... that's cos no one else wanted him for the 18 months when he was shit.

As soon as someone waved some money at him, he was off.

To the Burnley bloke - we'll take him off your hands in six months time, when he's bored. ;)

He must have liked his time here, after all, he stayed here two full years. He actually saw out his contract with us! :o:mellow::smile:

Have in summer if you like - we'll be after some Premiership Midfielders then :D

Seriously, one thing our manager has done is get a lot more out of players than other managers have done in the past - at 150K I'm not sure we would have found a better midfield option

And as for Burnley being a dank place - you mean unlike the metropolis that is Leicester?

Heres some views of Burnley for you

hall_air.jpg

wharfs.jpg

19cliviger72.jpg

thompson_park.jpg

Oh right... Burnley must be great because...

a) It snowed there once.

b) It has a river (wow).

c) It has a country pile (I think you'll find everywhere has a few of those).

d)Oh yeah, again, it has a river.

2 of the best 4 things about Burnley are that it has a river.

Imagine if they had 4 or 5 rivers, you'd never hear the end of it!

There's nothing better than a good old "your town sucks more ass than my town" debate :rolleyes:

story.burnley.violence.ap.jpg

Especially when it's Burnley v Leicester and this is a Leicester messageboard and this guy is some sort of brain-donor from Burnley.

Still, at least the brain was required somewhere locally. He must be so proud.

Ooooooh look... a river!!!!!!!!!

Bizarrely I don't recall saying Burnley was better than Leicester - I merely pointed out that all areas have their good and bad points. I also provided some nice pictures of Burnley. Of course I could have found some awful images - just as I could for Leicester - but I chose to focus on the positives. I realise that is more difficult for some people.

And to the peoples hero, anybody who feels the need to attempt to belittle others over an internet message board clearly has some self worth issues that should be addressed.

Also, what sort of insular world do you wish to live in with your 'it's a local message board for local people' comments?

Ah well, best to leave you to yourselves I guess - Burnley and Millwall sing no one likes us we don't care, guess the Leicester version would be, no one could care less about us and we are really upset about it.

Archived