Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Playstation 3

This has been posted before but here it is again. Graphics comparison between PS3 and 360

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

The top of the article explains the pictures, move the mouse over the pictures to see the PS3 images. At the bottom theres a link to the next game, just above the forum section!

Blue-Ray my friend!! Blue Ray players are around £300.00, so if you want to be leading edge and can't be arsed to wait for Blue Ray players to become cheap, it's not bad value!!

If blueray and Hd is the new VHS and Betamax then the race seems already won. Apparently blueray disc cost 3 times as much to produce as HD. As they deliver similar standards the movie companys will opt for HD.

If blueray and Hd is the new VHS and Betamax then the race seems already won. Apparently blueray disc cost 3 times as much to produce as HD. As they deliver similar standards the movie companys will opt for HD.

Possibly, but beta max was better then VHS and yet VHS won!! From what I read recently, blue ray is way ahead of HD, and Sony are really pushing it hard, adding drives to there laptops etc.

It will be interesting to see who wins but LG have a great concept\player that plays both!!!

Blue-Ray my friend!! Blue Ray players are around £300.00, so if you want to be leading edge and can't be arsed to wait for Blue Ray players to become cheap, it's not bad value!!

Blu-ray will probably flop. It's costlier and fraught with far more technical hitches, despite being superior. Then you have things like HVD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc, with a theoretical storage capacity of 3.9 Terabytes waiting to step into the wings in just a few more years anyway. My bet is that either HD-DVD will prevail or neither will, but either way it'd seem pretty pointless to me.

This has been posted before but here it is again. Graphics comparison between PS3 and 360

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

The top of the article explains the pictures, move the mouse over the pictures to see the PS3 images. At the bottom theres a link to the next game, just above the forum section!

There's no doubt that many of the Xbox 360 games look better there, but that's probably because the internal architecture of the PS3 with it's Cell Processor is supposed to be difficult to develop for. Consoles always take a few yers before games are developed with exploit their full power, and there's no doubt that technically, the PS3 has much more potential. It's just untapped as of yet. And I love how the 360 shows 'realism' by making everything really dark. lol

Still, paying that much for a PS3 seems like silly money.

Possibly, but beta max was better then VHS and yet VHS won!! From what I read recently, blue ray is way ahead of HD, and Sony are really pushing it hard, adding drives to there laptops etc.

It will be interesting to see who wins but LG have a great concept\player that plays both!!!

That is my point. Blueray maybe better but HD will win. Another thing about Blueray is Sony want to control it all. They want to do what Phillips did with the CD. This can only damage a format that people will see little benefit in having compared to normal DVDs.

Im pretty sure there will be alot of hype about the ps3 internet based gaming when its out as well....to be honest ive never been a fan of microsoft (over priced operating systems/software which always has bugs innit)

Xbox Live > PS Internet.

PS2 internet was terrible, compared to xbox live on the first xbox. Im hoping PS3's internet doesnt even come close to Xbox live on the 360.

The ps3's internet is going to have to be something special to beat xbox live :thumbup:

*After bigging the xbox 360 up, me and my brother have decided to buy a ps3 together, and Paying about £250 each seems much more reasonable :D

• 1 month later...

They'll probably release the 20g one sooner I hope.

Yeah i heard they would be doing this if the bigger one isnt a success?I can see alot of people not getting it,price being the obvious reason the 20g will definatly be more popular i should think.

They'll probably release the 20g one sooner I hope.

The 20GB loses most of the functions of the 60gb one though so you're better off getting the larger one!

Can't wait for Friday .... except that Ive gotta pick it up at 7am :ph34r: 10% student discount though :thumbup:

The 20GB loses most of the functions of the 60gb one though so you're better off getting the larger one!

Can't wait for Friday .... except that Ive gotta pick it up at 7am :ph34r: 10% student discount though :thumbup:

im going half with my brother so 50% discount and possible arriving on thurs *silently praying to sony and amazon* :D Roll on the weekend of mayhem!

im going half with my brother so 50% discount and possible arriving on thurs *silently praying to sony and amazon* :D Roll on the weekend of mayhem!

Annoying thing is that most shops have them in stock already. My friend at Asda said theirs all arrived in stock at the end of last week but they're not allowed to sell them yet :(

I have to say £425 quid for a games console that hasn't got a real quality game to it's name, your all off your rocker.

Saw one running in HMV on Saturday and it looked like a 360. No doubt it will get better once game developers get used to the system. Console itself is absloutley massive, hope you've got plenty of space wherever you meaning to put it.

I can't afford one but can't really see the problem with the price

You are getting a blu-ray drive (which costs at least £250 on its own), a 60gb hard drive, powerful processor etc

Remember sony are losing $200 on every console they sell..jus unfortunate the UK have to suffer price bumps

You are getting a blu-ray drive (which costs at least £250 on its own), a 60gb hard drive, powerful processor etc

Remember sony are losing $200 on every console they sell..jus unfortunate the UK have to suffer price bumps

For a decent blu-ray player it costs more like £600. :whistle:

Yes, but then again no one knows how succesful Blu Ray is going to be, it has HD DVD drives to compete with.

and the PS2 has hardly the greatest DVD player in the world was it.

I have to say £425 quid for a games console that hasn't got a real quality game to it's name, your all off your rocker.

Saw one running in HMV on Saturday and it looked like a 360. No doubt it will get better once game developers get used to the system. Console itself is absloutley massive, hope you've got plenty of space wherever you meaning to put it.

You're right Manwell, the Wii is the way forward: it's the cheapest and the smallest of the three 'current gen' consoles!! :whistle::P

Edit: Mike the Metal Ed you're spot on!! lol

PLAYSTATION 3 - 60GB CONSOLE with two games and two official controllers, boxed brand new with warranty for sale.

The models are Japanese but plays all region games (ENG, JAP and US).

The UK machines are being released at £425 for the console but many are doing £450+ deals with one game and one controller. The deals we are doing include two games and two controllers and so on.

Prices are for Japanese console only £399 or if you want the pack with 2 games and 2 controllers its £479.99

Just to let you know this is a business I am involved in the site will be up and running today (i`ll put link up later). Its just going through final testing as we speak. If you want to buy one call my brother Kiri on 0208 370 6898 or 0208 370 6899 and tell him Geo or George reffered you as they are not expecting calls and orders on the PS3 until they go live online. Alternatively, if you want to discuss the product just give him a call on the office numbers provided. If anyone wants to speak to me direct then send me a message with a contact number and I or my brother or business partner Amish will call you back. BTW, we buy and sell all console related stuff to classic games to the modern stuff and have an account on Ebay and offices in Barnet, Herfordshire for people to come and pick up goods or test products like second hand games.

Archived