Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

Be part of the vocal Blue and White Army!

Hopefully the sound will be heard all roudn the stadium and others will join in.

One thing, when were in the N block for the cov game lets jsut ahve one song at a time, not about 4 on the go :P

Agreed that only 1 song should be sung at 1 time!

Also it will not go round the stadium, i would eat my flag if it did! It don't now and IF 800 turn out to sing :rolleyes: then the whole stadium will hear, but does the kop not hear the 20 odd voices who try to get the songs going? They don't join in now and we are next to these silent types! They won't do it Filbertway unless they feel unjustly treated or a prem team turn up!

how come your not going there for the covscum game.

im deffo going covskum game!(sth) but i want to see if it turns out to be a succes before i move, we have a 3 match period right? so ill contribute in the last 2 :D

im deffo going covskum game!(sth) but i want to see if it turns out to be a succes before i move, we have a 3 match period right? so ill contribute in the last 2 :D

Yeh come in block N for the cov game, we need as many people as possible for every single one, aand bring any mates relatives etc that want to sing all game :thumbup:

If everyone had that attitude it would never take off! :thumbup:

im sorry :cry: its just i go with me grandad, and he is going in for an operation after cov game, so i can then move! (my grandad is old (obv!) and wont move, or stand...or sing, and i cant leave him alone coz i am a nice person :smile:

im sorry :cry: its just i go with me grandad, and he is going in for an operation after cov game, so i can then move! (my grandad is old (obv!) and wont move, or stand...or sing, and i cant leave him alone coz i am a nice person :smile:

Ahhh that's fair enough then :thumbup:

Fari doooooos best of for your grandad's op as its shit when all you have is memories :cry:

I've read some of the comments about the idea of creating a singing section in Block N against Coventry. Perhaps it'll work, but it'll need to be well advertised in the media otherwise nobody will know about it and nothing will change.

Everyone knows, as is proven from grounds around the country and by looking back at Filbert Street, that the way to get a consistent level of atmosphere (by whicjh I mean consistent and loud singing) in a ground is to have the 'hardcore' home fans next to the away fans. The problems is, the Club/Police/Safety Advisory Group deliberately prevented this when we changed grounds, and the result is a sterile environonment with no noise. I'm fed up of hearing away fans, game after game, singing "It's just like being in Church" etc, the best being Norwich fans singing "Stand up, if you're still alive".

Historically, Leicester fans always want to be behind the goal (hence L1 hasn't really caught on), and you can't realistically expect the long term solution to be a small under-used block next to the family section. The club have already refused to swap ends, therefore the only solution will be to move the away fans to the other end of the East Stand, where they should have been all along. The SAG and Police keep stating they don't want then there because of the access to the away fans buses, but only a samll percentage of away fans arrive by bus. If the club/authorities really wanted to do anything about it would be easy. Theres loads of waste land behind the East Stand, covered in overgrown grass. They could tidy that up, put a bit of graval down and there's a ready made parking area for away coaches, 30 yards from the appropriate turnstiles.

A couple more observations:

I heard that for several games (e.g. Derby, West Brom, Leeds) they were handing over Block N to away fans to increase away capacity to about 4000, to get more income for the club and to utilise more empty seats (and people with ST's in N were being moved to the West Stand with access to the bars in the corporate areas as compensation). Any one else know anything about this? One of the games earmarked for this was also Coventry, which in theory would scupper plans, although we all know in reality than Coventry would never fill the standard away end ever so won't need Block N.

Good idea in theory but get rid of the drum, it's a terrible idea. All it does at Blackburn, Bolton etc. is annoy people. If you have people willing to start the songs and enough willing to join in, there no need for a drum. If you want a tribal beat, just bang on the back of the stand.

Can't see the club backing this in reality because the best football songs contain a lot of swearing which they won't want to encourage next to the family blocks. The people at the club don't understand football culture, otherwise they would have addressed the ground configuration already.

Why don't you all move to L1 for one game where you've got a ready-made area which is standing up most the game, and sometimes can be quite noisy?

All those people saying the atmosphere in the Kop is good. Don't be stupid, I had a season ticket there for several seasons and it's dreadful (moved to L1 now). The Kop end more or less another family block and the only noise is from synchronised clapping. Even at it's loudest I'd say it' it's no more than 1 in 10 people singing, and that was in the promotion season. Probably more like 1 in 30 now. It's more like the upper tier of the old Double-Decker stand than the old kop.

Atmosphere won't improve much if we are winning. The crowds would get bigger which means there's more general noise, but even in the promotion season when the ground was full every week, there wasn't much proper singing there. The Kop end certainly couldn't be heard from the away/family area, whereas other grounds in the country you can hear one end singing from the other end no problem.

Can't see the club backing this in reality because the best football songs contain a lot of swearing which they won't want to encourage next to the family blocks.

If you'd have read the threads properly, you'd have seen that clubs are backing it, at least for the Cov game anyway.

I've read some of the comments about the idea of creating a singing section in Block N against Coventry. Perhaps it'll work, but it'll need to be well advertised in the media otherwise nobody will know about it and nothing will change.

Everyone knows, as is proven from grounds around the country and by looking back at Filbert Street, that the way to get a consistent level of atmosphere (by whicjh I mean consistent and loud singing) in a ground is to have the 'hardcore' home fans next to the away fans. The problems is, the Club/Police/Safety Advisory Group deliberately prevented this when we changed grounds, and the result is a sterile environonment with no noise. I'm fed up of hearing away fans, game after game, singing "It's just like being in Church" etc, the best being Norwich fans singing "Stand up, if you're still alive".

Historically, Leicester fans always want to be behind the goal (hence L1 hasn't really caught on), and you can't realistically expect the long term solution to be a small under-used block next to the family section. The club have already refused to swap ends, therefore the only solution will be to move the away fans to the other end of the East Stand, where they should have been all along. The SAG and Police keep stating they don't want then there because of the access to the away fans buses, but only a samll percentage of away fans arrive by bus. If the club/authorities really wanted to do anything about it would be easy. Theres loads of waste land behind the East Stand, covered in overgrown grass. They could tidy that up, put a bit of graval down and there's a ready made parking area for away coaches, 30 yards from the appropriate turnstiles.

A couple more observations:

I heard that for several games (e.g. Derby, West Brom, Leeds) they were handing over Block N to away fans to increase away capacity to about 4000, to get more income for the club and to utilise more empty seats (and people with ST's in N were being moved to the West Stand with access to the bars in the corporate areas as compensation). Any one else know anything about this? One of the games earmarked for this was also Coventry, which in theory would scupper plans, although we all know in reality than Coventry would never fill the standard away end ever so won't need Block N.

Good idea in theory but get rid of the drum, it's a terrible idea. All it does at Blackburn, Bolton etc. is annoy people. If you have people willing to start the songs and enough willing to join in, there no need for a drum. If you want a tribal beat, just bang on the back of the stand.

Can't see the club backing this in reality because the best football songs contain a lot of swearing which they won't want to encourage next to the family blocks. The people at the club don't understand football culture, otherwise they would have addressed the ground configuration already.

Why don't you all move to L1 for one game where you've got a ready-made area which is standing up most the game, and sometimes can be quite noisy?

All those people saying the atmosphere in the Kop is good. Don't be stupid, I had a season ticket there for several seasons and it's dreadful (moved to L1 now). The Kop end more or less another family block and the only noise is from synchronised clapping. Even at it's loudest I'd say it' it's no more than 1 in 10 people singing, and that was in the promotion season. Probably more like 1 in 30 now. It's more like the upper tier of the old Double-Decker stand than the old kop.

Atmosphere won't improve much if we are winning. The crowds would get bigger which means there's more general noise, but even in the promotion season when the ground was full every week, there wasn't much proper singing there. The Kop end certainly couldn't be heard from the away/family area, whereas other grounds in the country you can hear one end singing from the other end no problem.

This is a very unhelpful quote because if you have read the thred regarding the idea you would appreciate that this whole idea has been brought about because of the club's support and backing. Yes, there were discussions about extending the away corner for certain games and NO Coventry was not one of them, hence the fact that Coventry is earmarked as the first game to trial this idea with a few more games in the pipeline this season to allow it to materialise next season into a permanent basis.

All ideas were discussed with the club and this included issues resulting from the switch. We had Peter Jones (Supporter Relations Officer) come and see us in the stand to reiterate the club's backing and how they want it to work. They realise the predicament surrounding the atmosphere concern. They hate the fact their is NO atmosphere and they want Leicester fans to create more noise. By supporting this idea along with the club, we are trying to inject some passion and encourage some healthy banter with the away fans to really inspire our team with a wall of noise.

I know it's being done in consulattion with the club, the point I was making is that it sound like it's being manufactured by the club to try and create atmosphere, but it'll be a case of sing what we want you to sing, bang your drum when told, but won't allow for any of the spontaneity and real passion that's so lacking from the ground.

If you have several thousands pissed up working class guys turn up wanting to shout and swear and generally let off a bit of steam, I can't see the club encouraging them to be right next to the family section. That's the problem, there's currently nowhere in the ground for them, hence they're just not coming to matches much at all now. That's why there's no atmopshere. But hey, I'm not trying to knock the idea, anything's got to be better than now, I was just offering a few opinions. Good luck to you with it, and I'd love it to work out.

Answer me this though, if the club were so keen to trial one match when they encouraged everyone who wanted to sing etc. to all gather in block N, why not advertise this over the tannoy several times at yesterdays match (before ko and at half time)? That would be the only way to get people throughout the ground to know about the idea.

Answer me this though, if the club were so keen to trial one match when they encouraged everyone who wanted to sing etc. to all gather in block N, why not advertise this over the tannoy several times at yesterdays match (before ko and at half time)? That would be the only way to get people throughout the ground to know about the idea.

The marketing for the trail will start tommorow.

well like i said i dont see why i wouldnt move to block N (except the sun may piss me off!) as it sounds like itl be an effort from the fans which is more than can be said from F1 on saturday.

has the poll been removed i cant seem to find it?!

well like i said i dont see why i wouldnt move to block N (except the sun may piss me off!) as it sounds like itl be an effort from the fans which is more than can be said from F1 on saturday.

looks like it! i seem to get moderated all te time now even when its non offensive i'm holding my breath with this post as it will prob too get moderated! :rolleyes:

It has and to be honest i am glad. The views and opinions of the many cynics on this messageboard are not representative of all supporters or even the ones we have spoken to in the flesh. I am bringing half of East Anglia so i am doing my bit. This idea will work if you believe it will. That is what i told Andy and Jamie at the meeting. Supporters have to actively take part in this and really sing. We want to create an atmosphere and those that join us will be adding to the effect. I wish i knew somebody in The Kop now so they can report back to me on the decibel count. The only problem is, everybody i know is transfering! I am sure the cynics will tell us after the game... :D

at first i thought yeah, ill go after cov game, but now, reading what "foss1884" has to say, he has really persuaded me to go there for cov game, and make a contribution to the football club, so now you may (if you are there) see me singing along with you all :D

lets make a difference, be LOUD and be PROUD

at first i thought yeah, ill go after cov game, but now, reading what "foss1884" has to say, he has really persuaded me to go there for cov game, and make a contribution to the football club, so now you may (if you are there) see me singing along with you all :D

lets make a difference, be LOUD and be PROUD

Thank you. You will not regret it. It is one step forward and you are part of progress that will transform this football club. The people that have already contributed and allowed this idea to get to this stage do not want to have to endure anymore disappointing and pitiful atmospheres that have become a regular feature of home games. We are a laughing stock and frankly we are sick and tired of the abuse. We regularly go away from home and see the effect that singing sections have. If the football team will give us nothing to shout about, this whole idea will, and it will be amongst like-minded souls that do not need the motivation of a goal to start a song! That is the quality of a true supporter. :)

Archived