Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

Be part of the vocal Blue and White Army!

I take it you asked about standing up? what did they say?

Standing did get asked about. The club understands that fans who are more "vocal" prefer to stand. Therefore they accept, in principle, that standing will occur. They have no qualms with that. But to prevent the club getting into any hot water they would urge supporters to not stand for 90 minutes! They are fine about the issue as long as we are sensible. I was really shocked about how lenient they are about the whole thing. What we do not want happening is supporters spoiling it. Yes sing, chant and instigate in a bit of gesturing, but heavens forbid, do not start a riot by throwing articles into the crowd. We have got the club's trust and we intend not to break it!

A bit of help, support and encouragement for such fans wouldn't go amiss.

They're making a genuine attempt to do something about the atmosphere

I totally agree with Lookido on this; The lads are genuine, heartfelt and (unusual in this day and age) prepared to get off their arses and do something...and I think that deserves a round of applause from anybody in the slightest bit concerned about the deathly atmosphere we sit through game in game out.

Sometimes, it seems to me, that they are lambasted simply for being young and having a little youthful exuberance. Well - fooking fair play to your elbows lads, well done for doing something.

It may fail: so ****ing what? Without any effort in the first place nothing changes. Far too many people are prepared to sit around and slag off the actions of others (me especially) ~ it's time to give credit to where it is due.

And, as one who has lived and breathed South American football, I love the idea of drums...especially if accompanied by flares. :D

No Thracian...that isn't an excuse to get you old denims out. :P

america.jpg

I think this is great news. If anyones been to southampton or palace u will agree with me. The so called kop has never really got going since we have been relegated from the prem. Some people like myself have gone over to l1 for atmosphere (but a lot of people say they can't here the l1 sing) so in my eyes at the moment the walkers has no atmosphere generated by the home fans.

I think 800 fans singing is awesome. A lot of people have said it will only turn into 3 small groups but if it publicised as a singing section it will take off like at southampton

I think this is great news. If anyones been to southampton or palace u will agree with me. The so called kop has never really got going since we have been relegated from the prem. Some people like myself have gone over to l1 for atmosphere (but a lot of people say they can't here the l1 sing) so in my eyes at the moment the walkers has no atmosphere generated by the home fans.

I think 800 fans singing is awesome. A lot of people have said it will only turn into 3 small groups but if it publicised as a singing section it will take off like at southampton

It is a great idea and it requires all those that support it to make the switch for the Coventry game and really get behind the lads! The away fans (for once) may be able to hear noise for a change and what better occasion is there than our M69 rivals. :D

It is a great idea and it requires all those that support it to make the switch for the Coventry game and really get behind the lads! The away fans (for once) may be able to hear noise for a change and what better occasion is there than our M69 rivals. :D

:thumbup:

I totally agree with Lookido on this; The lads are genuine, heartfelt and (unusual in this day and age) prepared to get off their arses and do something...and I think that deserves a round of applause from anybody in the slightest bit concerned about the deathly atmosphere we sit through game in game out.

Sometimes, it seems to me, that they are lambasted simply for being young and having a little youthful exuberance. Well - fooking fair play to your elbows lads, well done for doing something.

It may fail: so ****ing what? Without any effort in the first place nothing changes. Far too many people are prepared to sit around and slag off the actions of others (me especially) ~ it's time to give credit to where it is due.

And, as one who has lived and breathed South American football, I love the idea of drums...especially if accompanied by flares. :D

america.jpg

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Brilliantly put. :thumbup:

You're in the wrong part of the ground. Your actions will kill off the Kop. I think that while you talk a good talk you will put yourselves in an embarrasing situation by moving to where you propose. If we go a goal down against Cov it wont matter if you fill all 800 seats. You will, along with L1, be drowned out.

The biggest problem with crowd noise comes from the performance on the pitch. This I believe catagorically. If we had played well against Southampton do you think that their fans would have been quite so vocal? The volume of the crowd is directly linked to the performance on the pitch.

Quite frankly Foss1884 I think you have you head firmly up your arse over some of your comments and the way you belittle some of the people who sit in the Kop is extremely unfair and could easily allienate support for your cause.

KEEP IT IN THE KOP!

You're in the wrong part of the ground. Your actions will kill off the Kop. I think that while you talk a good talk you will put yourselves in an embarrasing situation by moving to where you propose. If we go a goal down against Cov it wont matter if you fill all 800 seats. You will, along with L1, be drowned out.

The biggest problem with crowd noise comes from the performance on the pitch. This I believe catagorically. If we had played well against Southampton do you think that their fans would have been quite so vocal? The volume of the crowd is directly linked to the performance on the pitch.

Quite frankly Foss1884 I think you have you head firmly up your arse over some of your comments and the way you belittle some of the people who sit in the Kop is extremely unfair and could easily allienate support for your cause.

KEEP IT IN THE KOP!

i think if you actually read the thread you'll realise he is doing anything but alienating people.

Thanks alot to everyone that has supported the idea from the start. Also thanks to the people who have shown more support as the idea developed. We understand that not everybody can be pleased but that is inevitable and we can accept that. Hopefully everyone that is in support of the idea will join us at the Coventry game.

america.jpg

Don't think I could get in em now. :whistle:

Thanks alot to everyone that has supported the idea from the start. Also thanks to the people who have shown more support as the idea developed. We understand that not everybody can be pleased but that is inevitable and we can accept that. Hopefully everyone that is in support of the idea will join us at the Coventry game.

I think 99% of people support you guys on it mate.

We just have varying ideas about the level of success you'll have. Still, well done for trying and we'll see eh?

KEEP IT IN THE KOP!

I am a Kopite (atleast at present). I would love the situation to be different, but we cannot change the dynamics of The Kop. We have to accept that the present Kop is full of families and this does not lend itself well to creating an atmosphere. I want The Kop to have atmosphere, i am not trying to kill anything! I am trying to improve matters along with others. You are flogging a dead donkey for thinking i am trying to destabilise things, The Kop is already dead. Now whilst i am not saying atmospheres are not linked to performances and results, we want those that want to sing REGARDLESS to make the switch.

The supporters that have already pledged to make the move will be singing (win, lose or draw) against Coventry as we want this idea to work. I appreciate your opinion, but there is no need to be rude. I am a Leicester fan and one that is addressing the problem relating to the atmopshere issue along with others. We are presenting an option to fans that is a realistic solution after having consulted the club. If you do not believe me, go to other stadia where the idea has been implemented and i guarantee you it works and has been successful. The club understand this and so do we.

KEEP IT IN THE KOP!

If you don't like it don't go their.

its quite simple

We just have varying ideas about the level of success you'll have. Still, well done for trying and we'll see eh?

Thanks! All those that support the idea it does make our efforts feel valued! :)

Again, Thanks for the support guys it means a fair bit :)

The Idea of trialing the idea at the coventry game is to see what happens and if it sucsesfull or not, but for saying it is a one off I see no reason why those in the kop cannot move just to try the idea.

Peter Jones suggested that we formed a list of all the season ticket holders willing to move to the area, with details and then sent this through the club administrator and ticket office head (forgot his name) and he will sort everything out for us.

tph- I think what I stated above was one of the reason's why we should of gone through the club and also if we did it ourselves (with no help) then many people (Including yourself) would say it is just a bunch of kids and not bother, the club have said they are willing to spend there own time in promoting the idea, so fair play.

Wils - Thracian will not have the drum (well I dont think so :P) but he will have his legendary rattle :D

On a different note, Dom and Thracian nice to meet you last night :thumbup::D:cool:

I understand that people have varying opinions and fair play to those who express their view. We really do appreciate the support.

As you have expressed in the past maybe it would of been easier to not go to the club. But with the response that we received last night it has made it more satisfying that we went to the club. And by doing this we can recive better marketting for the idea and maybe tempt people outside of the forum etc. :)

Good to meet Thracian and Dom last night and thanks for the support.

Well done to Thracian to for getting his point of a reserve league across aswell :P

It will only take one person to spoil it though now the club is involved and its bound to happen, im with TBH regarding that if thats what he meant, but i do think its a great idea in principle and i look forward to listening to the chants on the radio come our next home game or when its started. :thumbup:

KEEP IT IN THE KOP!

The problem is that the 'kop' is no longer, you can't use a name on something and expect it to be the same. The 'Kop' died when we moved from Filbert St.

Let's move on, this is a different ground and many different fans. Over a period of time the atmosphere will get better as the crowd naturally responds to it's surroundings (as is happening with L1). I can remember many occasions at Filbo when away fans were given the Double Decker or there were no fans in SK1 & 2, the atmosphere always suffered. O.K things might get worse before they get better but the Ultras idea is a good step, I just hope that is doesn't become something that the club try to manipulate.

Again, Thanks for the support guys it means a fair bit :)

The Idea of trialing the idea at the coventry game is to see what happens and if it sucsesfull or not, but for saying it is a one off I see no reason why those in the kop cannot move just to try the idea.

Peter Jones suggested that we formed a list of all the season ticket holders willing to move to the area, with details and then sent this through the club administrator and ticket office head (forgot his name) and he will sort everything out for us.

tph- I think what I stated above was one of the reason's why we should of gone through the club and also if we did it ourselves (with no help) then many people (Including yourself) would say it is just a bunch of kids and not bother, the club have said they are willing to spend there own time in promoting the idea, so fair play.

Wils - Thracian will not have the drum (well I dont think so :P) but he will have his legendary rattle :D

On a different note, Dom and Thracian nice to meet you last night :thumbup::D:cool:

It was good to meet everyone last night too and i am indebted to Jamie and Andy for making this happen. Thank you guys! :thumbup:

I understand that people have varying opinions and fair play to those who express their view. We really do appreciate the support.

As you have expressed in the past maybe it would of been easier to not go to the club. But with the response that we received last night it has made it more satisfying that we went to the club. And by doing this we can recive better marketting for the idea and maybe tempt people outside of the forum etc. :)

Good to meet Thracian and Dom last night and thanks for the support.

Well done to Thracian to for getting his point of a reserve league across aswell :P

It was a pleasure all round - and I couldn't get over meeting Peter Jones for the first time in nearly 40 years and that he should remember in detail what I drank in the Hurst Hotel all those years ago - as well as who I played for!. :D

It was a pleasure all round - and I couldn't get over meeting Peter Jones for the first time in nearly 40 years and that he should remember in detail what I drank in the Hurst Hotel all those years ago - as well as who I played for!. :D
Was it red or yellow?

I don't get why everyone in the Kop doesn't just get a season ticket in the family stand next season. Do you people just sit there because it's called the Kop or is there some ruling about sitting in the family stand? (Like only being able to sit there if you have a child with you or something?) :dunno:

Whats so special about the bladdy kop

Archived