Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

You definately deserved something out of the game, but our boys took their chances, something that was lacking from the fosse forwards. Sid made one top quality save from Cobbo from point blank range even I was suprised. We will definately need to buck our ideas up for next weeks game.

Good luck to Fosse for the rest of the season. Who you got next week?

Thanks Rob, I would agree with that actually. Confidence was low but we seem to be getting some of it back and the team spirit is a lot better than it was. Gutted JME couldn't play in the end, really could've done with him today.

We've got two much needed weeks off now, we've got lads carrying niggly injuries and the break could get them sorted. Have had my work cut out the past few weeks.

Who do you have?

Thanks Rob, I would agree with that actually. Confidence was low but we seem to be getting some of it back and the team spirit is a lot better than it was. Gutted JME couldn't play in the end, really could've done with him today.

We've got two much needed weeks off now, we've got lads carrying niggly injuries and the break could get them sorted. Have had my work cut out the past few weeks.

Who do you have?

QPR at home. Its our club secretarys old club so hes out to prove a point. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling although we will be without our gaffer by the looks of things so me and the club secretary will be taking on the managerial role for the game :thumbup:

QPR at home. Its our club secretarys old club so hes out to prove a point. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling although we will be without our gaffer by the looks of things so me and the club secretary will be taking on the managerial role for the game :thumbup:

Did Wilkesy bag? He's been going on all week about how he badly needs a goal.

Good luck with that one then. QPR play in a right stupid place now don't they or am I getting confused? They used to play in Syston I think :dunno:

Good luck with that one then. QPR play in a right stupid place now don't they or am I getting confused? They used to play in Syston I think :dunno:

After a quick look in the alliance hand book lol, its says they play is thurmaston at roundhill college, which is near syston I believe.

We've got 5 massive games this season still to play which will no doubt decide who is going up etc (aslong as silly point arn't dropped anywhere else) against Niffy x 2, Great Wigston x 2 and home to Exeter Arms.

After a quick look in the alliance hand book lol, its says they play is thurmaston at roundhill college, which is near syston I believe.

We've got 5 massive games this season still to play which will no doubt decide who is going up etc (aslong as silly point arn't dropped anywhere else) against Niffy x 2, Great Wigston x 2 and home to Exeter Arms.

It is indeed - in between Asda Thurmaston and Maison d'Tadman!

I thought I was confused, we've played there loads of times - tis a piece of piss for me to get to but no one else from Fosse :laugh:

It is indeed - in between Asda Thurmaston and Maison d'Tadman!

It even has in and out sections :D You should go and watch and support Wilksey Chris :thumbup:

No-one informed me of that fact! What time is kick off as I don't emerge till as late as possible!
10.30am as per usual.

Come down and watch Rob Maybury's tactical masterclass LIVE!! :giggle:

Or, scrap that and come down and watch him mumble non stop whilst running the line :P

Good game vs Fosse today, after seeing them last week vs Great Wigston always knew it was going to be close. Rob has got it spot on. The 4-5-1 formation you were using was good to play it around in the 2/3rds of the pitch but it left Bayliss somewhat annonymous and you couldnt really get close enough to goal. It was a good hard fought game though, both teams wanted it and our 2nd goal was flukey but our first was a lovely team move on the counter and what a finish!

It was nice of Cobbo to apologise for his actions :thumbup: takes a man to do that.

I told Rob i reckon you'll finish top half, seem to have got it sorted out! Like you all have previously said u have some talented players, looks like its starting to gel.

Good game vs Fosse today, after seeing them last week vs Great Wigston always knew it was going to be close. Rob has got it spot on. The 4-5-1 formation you were using was good to play it around in the 2/3rds of the pitch but it left Bayliss somewhat annonymous and you couldnt really get close enough to goal. It was a good hard fought game though, both teams wanted it and our 2nd goal was flukey but our first was a lovely team move on the counter and what a finish!

It was nice of Cobbo to apologise for his actions :thumbup: takes a man to do that.

I told Rob i reckon you'll finish top half, seem to have got it sorted out! Like you all have previously said u have some talented players, looks like its starting to gel.

He was provoked and he was sticking up for Scowy which makes him more of a man in my eyes.

'ere Measures.

You may want to text the correct number for me and you'll probably get a response. Checked my old phone today and had a few messages from you. lol

I'll sign on after christmas. :thumbup:

I've got a feeling your game will be called off.

Buggerbargee and Wymeswold game got called off yesterday, I think it's been re aranged for this sunday.

It is normally the case for county cup

Ah bugger. Thought we deserved at the very least a point yesterday but it was not to be.

Talking of the 4-5-1 leaving Bayliss isolated though, I am not too sure I agree - it allows the two wide men to get right forward (so a 4-3-3 then) and a lot goes through them. So many times we were in in the inside left or right channels but shot just wide or across the face. Then the save (which was from Jamie and not me)...another day, we score 4.

Good counter and first goal for the Parvans but the second was a fluke, but you took more chances than we did.

I did react very badly to the challenge on Mark, but it looked awful. Someone stooping for a header as Mark was does not need a jumping shoulder in their face, whether it was meant or not. Still, I did apologise and shook everyones hand at the end.

Anyway, we'll win some games next year - I bloody hope!

Thought the ref's hair was awesome.

Ah bugger. Thought we deserved at the very least a point yesterday but it was not to be.

Talking of the 4-5-1 leaving Bayliss isolated though, I am not too sure I agree - it allows the two wide men to get right forward (so a 4-3-3 then) and a lot goes through them. So many times we were in in the inside left or right channels but shot just wide or across the face. Then the save (which was from Jamie and not me)...another day, we score 4.

Good counter and first goal for the Parvans but the second was a fluke, but you took more chances than we did.

I did react very badly to the challenge on Mark, but it looked awful. Someone stooping for a header as Mark was does not need a jumping shoulder in their face, whether it was meant or not. Still, I did apologise and shook everyones hand at the end.

Anyway, we'll win some games next year - I bloody hope!

Thought the ref's hair was awesome.

hi cobbo i didnt say isolated, i said annonymous as it just took him out the game, he aint really the type of player in a 4-5-1 but thats just my opinion. You dominated the possession but i felt we had the better chances in open play (even though we didnt have many) and ultimately that won us the game. You wont concede many goals with that formation but you wont score many.

in fairness it did look bad, but our player's eyes were firmly on the ball the whole time and he jumped far higher than scowy, but we all try and defend our mates at some point and when you apologized i had utmost respect for you. It was hangbags so people shouldnt make the incident bigger than it was.

Your new defender is a quality buy

btw super crouchie in the last 10 mins lol

Archived