Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

JUST BEATEN THE STOKES CUP FAVOURITES WILLOWS 5-1 !!!

Well done fella , well chuffed for you lot . Gotta fancy that cup now !!

Haha I know! Think I may have to draft you in on loan when your season finishes :P

How did you get on mate?

We turned up with only 10 men and no keeper . I volunteered to go in goal and kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 victory . The lads worked thier socks off today.

If you need me on loan later in season is it worth me getting signed up sooner rather than later

Can't Believe you got called off again Tevez what a joke.

we beat the mighty United Aces 9-4, in their defense they aren't that bad when they have all their, err, almost reasonable players playing, apparently they had 10 men out against Riverside last week (noticed the riverside boys didn't mention that :giggle: ) We were pretty poor today but got better in the last 20 minutes, win's a win and all that.

We lost 5-2 to Harborough, well basically the ref.

All of their goals came from our mistakes, they had 2 pennos given to them that were probably not pennos, 1 of which our keeper saved. Every tackle we did they went down and got free kicks, was a poor game of football because of the constant play-acting and poor ref decisions.

Only + note is both our goals were good team play.

Edit: Forgot to add something about one of their parents/coaches standing behind our goal calling us all scum and giving constant abuse throughout the 2nd half to our right-back and goalkeeper.

Yawn. Lost again. 2-0.

It's ****ing annoying, we can't score. Mainly because we don't know what a through ball is.

The ref lost the plot just before half time, ball came through, flag went up, he didn't notice. Our defender came in and stopped the ball and the player went down, nobody appealed but the penalty was given, even when he saw the flag up for offside, he still gave the damn penalty! Then when our keeper saved the pen (and 2 rebounds) one of our players said 'thank ****, that's justice' to nobody in particular, and he got booked.

He penalised just about every slide tackle, it was a joke. I went in for a slide tackle, won the ball, then I got kicked as the player went to clear it. He blew for a free kick and their defence retreated to defend it. Then he says it's gone their way! He then comes up to and says 'if you're injured it's your own stupid fault'. Which was a joke. I try and tell him what had happened (even their defender tried to say it was our free kick!) and he just saves go away, i'm not interested. In the end I lost it a bit, ended up swearing at him which was stupid and got me booked too.

Was livid if i'm honest.

We lost 5-2 to Harborough, well basically the ref.

All of their goals came from our mistakes, they had 2 pennos given to them that were probably not pennos, 1 of which our keeper saved. Every tackle we did they went down and got free kicks, was a poor game of football because of the constant play-acting and poor ref decisions.

Only + note is both our goals were good team play.

Edit: Forgot to add something about one of their parents/coaches standing behind our goal calling us all scum and giving constant abuse throughout the 2nd half to our right-back and goalkeeper.

Ye the ref was shite but play acting ? What the hell about every attack we had in the second half we just got taken out ! 1 peno wasnt however the second was. You didnt play like you were bottom and werent the worst team we have played. Good luck for the rest of the season.

As for the abuse from the parent that is not true that person is not like that. The only reason he came over was because people on the left hand side were telling your left back to break are strikers legs !

Ye the ref was shite but play acting ? What the hell about every attack we had in the second half we just got taken out ! 1 peno wasnt however the second was. You didnt play like you were bottom and werent the worst team we have played. Good luck for the rest of the season.

As for the abuse from the parent that is not true that person is not like that. The only reason he came over was because people on the left hand side were telling your left back to break are strikers legs !

lol Et you got told :P:D

There was quite a bit of play-acting, jumping over challenges and then going down after even though there was no touch. Some of your players couldn't take some of the challenges even if they were fair. I do agree that a few of our players were just trying to take your players out, that was stupid and our player deserved a booking.

From what I heard he was using unfair abusive language.

But oh well, it was a fun game, we normally do play decent stuff, but defensive lapses cost us. And good look for you as well mate. :)

And shut up DB11.

There was quite a bit of play-acting, jumping over challenges and then going down after even though there was no touch. Some of your players couldn't take some of the challenges even if they were fair. I do agree that a few of our players were just trying to take your players out, that was stupid and our player deserved a booking.

From what I heard he was using unfair abusive language.

But oh well, it was a fun game, we normally do play decent stuff, but defensive lapses cost us. And good look for you as well mate. :)

And shut up DB11.

If there was a decent ref who could of kept the game in control it would of been a good game but he was dreadful. Before the game he said to our team " dont go down on the edge of the area because i cant see the lines " :blink: As for the guy using abusive language i really cannot see him doing that he isnt like that at all im not calling you a lier though. I wasnt near him so i cant say if he did or not but apparently he only came over to try and shut up the people near your left back. Oh well hopefully at Harborough we will have a decent ref!

If there was a decent ref who could of kept the game in control it would of been a good game but he was dreadful. Before the game he said to our team " dont go down on the edge of the area because i cant see the lines " :blink: As for the guy using abusive language i really cannot see him doing that he isnt like that at all im not calling you a lier though. I wasnt near him so i cant say if he did or not but apparently he only came over to try and shut up the people near your left back. Oh well hopefully at Harborough we will have a decent ref!

Hopefully. Then we might have a decent game. :):thumbup:

You'll still win though. :giggle:

Sean are you still struggling for a pitch or something? Amount of games you've had called off seems scarily unnatural.

Nope we're not, honestly.

I think the Quarter Finals of the County, Third Round of the League (Including 1 Postponement), Teams in/out the Divisional Cup, Our home ground has called the game off in advanced once vs Brittania and we've had postponments away aswell (Your lot first team, Birstall Tree's not having a pitch because of weather) Also not helping the pitch being played on 3 times at the weekend and between Sunday to Sunday it's not having time to recover.

It's just come to this really, Groby Town have only played 5.

Nope we're not, honestly.

I think the Quarter Finals of the County, Third Round of the League (Including 1 Postponement), Teams in/out the Divisional Cup, Our home ground has called the game off in advanced once vs Brittania and we've had postponments away aswell (Your lot first team, Birstall Tree's not having a pitch because of weather) Also not helping the pitch being played on 3 times at the weekend and between Sunday to Sunday it's not having time to recover.

It's just come to this really, Groby Town have only played 5.

S'unlucky that.

Most games got rained off that week we were suppose to play I remember it was ridiculously wet.

Know what you mean about pitch not having time to recover, got 4 teams on ours and it's dying a slow death, our game v Three Nuns was very nearly called off and there wasn't even bad weather, fortunate thing for us is we aint got to play on it for another 3 weeks. :giggle:

Would love to give the Alliance league a shot after our sham of a League.

With the youth aspect of your team and the fact you may be around for years sort an interview out and tell your wank league to feck off cause the Alliance would welcome you . You got more chance of cup success as well as only div 4 and 5 play for the stokes cup and div 2 and 3 for the EW Fosters cup .

With no game yesterday I was able to get to manage the under 8's for the 1st time in ages, theres 3 of us who share it, with me coaching saturday and monday but always missing the matches on sundays. Anyway we went 1-0 down but came back to win 7-1, delighted.

With the youth aspect of your team and the fact you may be around for years sort an interview out and tell your wank league to feck off cause the Alliance would welcome you . You got more chance of cup success as well as only div 4 and 5 play for the stokes cup and div 2 and 3 for the EW Fosters cup .

Well from what I've been told today they might just pack up the League because too many games have been called off. I'd definately be interested, it seems a much better and organised league and I'm sure Manwell and other lads such as the Riverside lot too agree. Also I think that the prospect of travelling to Leicester or surrounding areas could be a stumbling block.

Well from what I've been told today they might just pack up the League because too many games have been called off. I'd definately be interested, it seems a much better and organised league and I'm sure Manwell and other lads such as the Riverside lot too agree. Also I think that the prospect of travelling to Leicester or surrounding areas could be a stumbling block.

Could be a problem , we were away in Mkt Harborough yesterday . That would be a fair trip for you boys

How many games you played this season ?

Archived