Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Big match against St Pats tomorrow in the fight for 2nd place, and of course Holmes park on Friday, I hope to feature.

Looking forward to the EPIC Arthur pre match sing-along.

I'm now a cup winner for the first time in my life, even though I didn't play in the semi-final or final :whistle:

Played in most of the games this season though so I'll have a medal thanks.x

:source:

:chant::scarf::kissing: MOSHDOCK!!! :yahoo::worship::surrender:

I'm now a cup winner for the first time in my life, even though I didn't play in the semi-final or final :whistle:

Played in most of the games this season though so I'll have a medal thanks.x

:source:

:chant::scarf::kissing: MOSHDOCK!!! :yahoo::worship::surrender:

Congrats Ryan!!!

What was the score?

Lost 3-2

Fair play to them, best team in the division and the table doesn't lie.

Cheers mate, good game of football today, to be fair i would of took a draw and ran. we were far from our best today but just managed to snatch all 3 points, all the best for your remaining games you are clearly one of the better teams in this division and should be promoted next year :thumbup:

Cheers mate, good game of football today, to be fair i would of took a draw and ran. we were far from our best today but just managed to snatch all 3 points, all the best for your remaining games you are clearly one of the better teams in this division and should be promoted next year :thumbup:

I was the keeper, lol. I was looking for you I didn't know which one you were!

I got wound up but things happen, yeah cheers about next season. I hope we do too, you had one thing better than us today and it was fitness. Fair play to the manager aswell.

Fosse lost 7-6 - we were 5-0 up as well after about 25 minutes.

At 5-2, in the first half, our striker was sent off for swearing at the ref. One of their players got away with swearing at the lino and calling him a 'cheat'. What did the ref do? Gave their player a yellow card. In the second half we struggled with having just the 10. The ref looked really young - wouldn't surprise me if it was DB11.

On a personal note, I scored my first goal for four years and picked up a yellow card for hacking someone down when he looked like he was through on goal. :sweating:

Fosse lost 7-6 - we were 5-0 up as well after about 25 minutes.

At 5-2, in the first half, our striker was sent off for swearing at the ref. One of their players got away with swearing at the lino and calling him a 'cheat'. What did the ref do? Gave their player a yellow card. In the second half we struggled with having just the 10. The ref looked really young - wouldn't surprise me if it was DB11.

On a personal note, I scored my first goal for four years and picked up a yellow card for hacking someone down when he looked like he was through on goal. :sweating:

I'll have you know it wasn't.

Lost 3-2

Fair play to them, best team in the division and the table doesn't lie.

good game today mate!! could have gone either way, i was chatting with your forward number 10 for a lot of the game, like he was saying it felt like at 2-2 neither team really wanted to go and win it, no urgency in our play!! .. If both of us had been in form and at the top of our games think it would have been a great game for the supporters.. both try and play football!! Good luck again for next season, keep playing football n never turn to long ball like the rest of the teams in our league!!

Great Wigston 0 - 1 Sparta Parva

great result that puts us level with the league leaders 4 games to go!!!

Superb work , you got the momentum now !!

I'm still frustrated at playing really well all weekend, yet still conceed 9 goals in the process!

Saturday was just a shooting gallery, with the rest of the team hardly bothered at 0-0, so when we went behind i was fearing the worst. Annoyingly I had partially saved 3 of there 4, only to see the opposition and not our defence next to the ball. Even a penalty save just after half time at 2-0 couldn't muster some sort of reaction or spark in the rest of the team. The highlight of the game was two saves within minutes, with a strong left hand to a stinging drive to ti paround the post, and then from the resulting corner, a diving Banks style save to the right to thwart a free header. Still, when the opposition all make the effort to come and shake your hand it shows I must have been doing something right surely?

Then this morning - ok top of the table against an aging not so top of the table side, I wasn't thinking 'clean sheet.' The pitch was hard and stupidly narrow - and with a couple of Rory Delaps in the opposition and several 6 footers to aim I was loving the arial bombardment - but coped with it. Then comes the, I don't know what he was thinking OG to start the route, following by several 'fook me' top corner finishes which in the end made it 5.

God knows how many it would have been if I had played badly this weekend?

Archived