Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

I think my striker days are over after i tore my hamstring playing in a tournament for the Internet Foxes yesterday!! 10 weeks of no football :o

Do you know you definatly tore it mate ? I thought i torn mine few seasons back but was just a pull , i was back within a month

Do you know you definatly tore it mate ? I thought i torn mine few seasons back but was just a pull , i was back within a month

The Doc at Leeds General Infirmary (who was quite tastey ;) ) seems to think so, been signed off for a week, went to LRI today to get physio so will be having a few sessions. I was planning on going in defence one day anyway :P

The Doc at Leeds General Infirmary (who was quite tastey ;) ) seems to think so, been signed off for a week, went to LRI today to get physio so will be having a few sessions. I was planning on going in defence one day anyway :P

Still gotta sprint after the fast fookers !!

Anyone in the Exeter Arms 5-a-side at Uppingham on Sunday?

Played this a few years back.

Decent day out, but the goal areas were huge. Hope they've reduced them for you!!

Our first friendly on Sunday, I'm sure my fitness work over the summer will stand out...ahem.

Where abouts it played at Cobbo?

I think it may have been Uppingham College. Don't quote me on it though!!

The refs were a bit strict, gave a speech beforehand 'any swearing and you will get a red card which will send you off in the game and ban you from the rest of the tournament'.

Of course, one of our lads saw red.

Anyone know any sh*tty pub teams in the Glen Parva, Aylestone, Wigston, Blaby, Countesthorpe area?

I don't want anything too up market or anything, just a nice little team that'll take anyone on. Would be a laugh and less stressful that playing for a real team, plus I'd look good playing amongst fat old men.

Sparta Parva vs Humberstone Rangers

Sparta Parva Reserves vs Trinderbox

Not got a keeper for either team, so should be interesting :P

Got 7 players making their debuts for the Reserves !! Should be fun :P

I know nothing about sunday league football, but want to join a team that's friendly and i can have a role in without being brilliant. Don't know what skill level the divisions are (Looked on the alliance football league website) anyone with a bit of advice would be much appreciated :dunno:

Sparta boys, I heard your at judge meadow school tomorrow?

Yeah come say hello mate, i'll be in crutches so easy to spot :D I seen that you have got Pheonix United, you will have to give us a report on them :P

I know nothing about sunday league football, but want to join a team that's friendly and i can have a role in without being brilliant. Don't know what skill level the divisions are (Looked on the alliance football league website) anyone with a bit of advice would be much appreciated :dunno:

Alright mate, you could post your intentions in the Players/Teams Wanted Thread on the Alliance League site. People take it more seriously in Prem, 1 and 2, but divisions 3-5 there aint that much difference to be honest. Most 3/4/5 teams have a laugh, if its your direction it might be worth giving Little Bowden a call, they are a great set of lads and the Gaffer is funny as fook!

Alright mate, you could post your intentions in the Players/Teams Wanted Thread on the Alliance League site. People take it more seriously in Prem, 1 and 2, but divisions 3-5 there aint that much difference to be honest. Most 3/4/5 teams have a laugh, if its your direction it might be worth giving Little Bowden a call, they are a great set of lads and the Gaffer is funny as fook!

Little bit out the way for me, trying to find a team closer to Thurmaston/Birstall way :dunno:

Archived