Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

I think I talked my way out of that trial, said I didn't think I was amazing or anything and the manager was like 'maybe you should try getting in at a lower league since you don't have much experience'

Ah well, he's probably right tbf.

What a cock, not even gave you a chance. you see what i mean now about them taking it too seriously :P ...

Ah well, not too fussed tbh. Niffy Rangers have a side in Div 5 who I've also been asked to go trial for so I think they're my best bet. I think I'm just putting myself down tbh, dunno why, but because I don't know the standard I dont want to be well in over my head.

Ah well, not too fussed tbh. Niffy Rangers have a side in Div 5 who I've also been asked to go trial for so I think they're my best bet. I think I'm just putting myself down tbh, dunno why, but because I don't know the standard I dont want to be well in over my head.

Good luck to you mate, and if you do join them, come say hello when you play against the Sparta Reserves :-D Division 5 is always a good place to start your Sunday League anyway, no pressure and more fun :)

Bens a goal-scoring machine the Aths are lucky enough to have him!

After a successful scouting mission we now have 3 good strikers at Sparta Parva Reserves, in particular i'm looking forward to the progress of Nick Bowen who seems a real handful and a very good finisher despite never playing Adult League football. The other being Nick Grainger, who has scored shit-loads for Afc Beaumont and Afc BeesKnees in the past few seasons, its coming along nicely :)

Bens a goal-scoring machine the Aths are lucky enough to have him!

After a successful scouting mission we now have 3 good strikers at Sparta Parva Reserves, in particular i'm looking forward to the progress of Nick Bowen who seems a real handful and a very good finisher despite never playing Adult League football. The other being Nick Grainger, who has scored shit-loads for Afc Beaumont and Afc BeesKnees in the past few seasons, its coming along nicely :)

Yeah, after a shaky few first games with barely a team being resembled we've come along nicely. Many quality additions to the squad on sunday.

Will be an interesting season.

Niffy in Div 5 eh? Swear they in div 4?

Worst time in my glittering career was this time last year when I was on crutches with a torn groin muscle, didn't know if I was going to play again. Going to be a big chapter in my autobiography. 'The summer of two major injuries'.

Worst time in my glittering career was this time last year when I was on crutches with a torn groin muscle, didn't know if I was going to play again. Going to be a big chapter in my autobiography. 'The summer of two major injuries'.

How long did it take you to recover? I'm off the crutches tomorrow 10 days since i tore my thigh, different muscle i know...

How long did it take you to recover? I'm off the crutches tomorrow 10 days since i tore my thigh, different muscle i know...

Quite a while mate, think it was about a 4-5 weeks because I missed the first two games of the season through it and only played one pre-season game. The pain was unbearable.

Quality display there. You have some really good players in that team Shaun.

Mate for our first "proper" pre season game we gelled brilliantly. You played well mate, certainly better. Can only get better surely?

Archived