Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Apparently Trinderbox had signed 3 FC Dynamo players in the off-season.

Good luck to Aths, you'll do exceptionally well to beat them!

Rob Maybury was immense in that 2nd half, heroic leadership. I think our Ressies will have a good season on that 2nd half showing.

Called up to the first team on friday lol:P

Trees wern't all that at all...far from it. Knocked it around well first 20 but once we woke up the game was even as anything. 20 poor minutes and 5 terrible goals was the killer.

and as for some of their lads, dirty as Hell. 5/6 times 2nd half I was taken down needlessly having beaten various cowards.

Now I know they put 4 past you in the first 8 minutes and believe me I know what it's like when goals start flying in at the start of a game but you can't say that about a team that beat you 5-0 Tommy lol.

I'm not bein funny lads but Sunday Football is Sunday Football. When you sign up to play, you expect to be on the wrong end of some bad tackles. Especially in the lower leagues of Sunday Football when they are just Fat Old Bold Pub Players you're up against. They're not going to want some young whippers running past them and they aren't good enough to read the game so they will just foul you. This can't be an excuse because it is all part and parcel of the game.

You play to your strenghts to win the game and the vast majority of Sunday League Players over 25's strengths is their strength and physical presence!

Play hard or Go Home Fella's.

Like Lofty said, we fear no-one. We conceded 4 in the first 8 minutes tonight and after that for 80 minutes we played them off the park. FC Dynamo are overated in my opinion, so it woill be interesting to find out who plays for them. A lot of people these days think they are big time and it is embarrasing for Leicestershire sport in general. If clubs and goals go anywhere by we signed a lad who has won the cobbin cup (north leics prem) 5 times on the bash, 2 brothers that scored a hatful from the wings and funnily enough a striker who has knocked In 65 in our division. Not forgetting the current lads, not an outburst at anyone but on our day we can shock teams way way higher than us. A lot of our players could cut or have proved to play in Sundays top leagues.

I know or have played against a lot of your players Shaun, I know that you're a good team and fair play for not fearing anyone. I'm just telling you that they're a exceptional team for the level they play at and you'll do well to beat them.

One thing I will say is that they don't look that great at the back, if you've got a couple of quick strikers who can make intelligent runs in behind, and a player to pick them out, you could unlock them.

Especially in the lower leagues of Sunday Football when they are just Fat Old Bold Pub Players you're up against. They're not going to want some young whippers running past them and they aren't good enough to read the game so they will just foul you. This can't be an excuse because it is all part and parcel of the game.

Quite correct. Sometimes I can't understand the moaning when it's quite clear that in Sunday football, there's people playing without the knack for football. You can just tell from technique, they are clusmy bleeders who trip you up and mis-time tackles because they are simply slow. The idea is not to get involved in it and expect to a point. Teams will drag you down with it. Until the top division, the players still exist.

I'm not bein funny lads but Sunday Football is Sunday Football. When you sign up to play, you expect to be on the wrong end of some bad tackles. Especially in the lower leagues of Sunday Football when they are just Fat Old Bold Pub Players you're up against. They're not going to want some young whippers running past them and they aren't good enough to read the game so they will just foul you. This can't be an excuse because it is all part and parcel of the game.

You play to your strenghts to win the game and the vast majority of Sunday League Players over 25's strengths is their strength and physical presence!

Play hard or Go Home Fella's.

Mistimed tackles are fair enough, no problems, but when it's repeated cases of what's just dirty play, especially considering they were the "better" team, then I think moaning is fair game to be honest.

You think they'd have stopped after one of their lads had gone off crippled trying to go in hard himself.

Mistimed tackles are fair enough, no problems, but when it's repeated cases of what's just dirty play, especially considering they were the "better" team, then I think moaning is fair game to be honest.

You think they'd have stopped after one of their lads had gone off crippled trying to go in hard himself.

It's something that no-one likes to see, but it's also something that will never be eradicated from this level of football. It's a sad fact that some people play on Sunday's just to kick people smaller than them.

Yeah Evington. They still got the Morris' or it might be Reece's playing for them?

Yeah. Played them a few years back.

Tis Morris'. Father and son, still as fast as fork.

In the wonderful world of fixture lists, the return fixture is tomorrow night :rolleyes:

It's something that no-one likes to see, but it's also something that will never be eradicated from this level of football. It's a sad fact that some people play on Sunday's just to kick people smaller than them.

I do, but I cant help the fact they are all smaller than me :P

Cobbo: Pretty shitty about the fixtures that is. We played them in the stokes cup last year and they had a young morris on the wing, he was as fast as anything!

Now I know they put 4 past you in the first 8 minutes and believe me I know what it's like when goals start flying in at the start of a game but you can't say that about a team that beat you 5-0 Tommy lol.

Sorry Manny but I disagree...I usually hate making excuses for defeats but we had 2 of our main central midfield 3 out. A few changes to the back line and a stand in keeper. Plus from a presonal point of view I came on at half time (after a heroic shift running the line, it has to be said) and therefore avoided the goals against and we were by far the better side.

Fairplay I know alot of the lads down there.

Yeah we will do exceptionally well to beat Trinderbox seeing as they hammered the mighty Sparta Ressies 5-1, give me a break.

Aint being funny mate, but they are a very good side. You can under-estimate them all you want but that's at your peril. I really hope you win, though.

I was texting Tevez the other night and I gave him the lowdown on their two best players. So hopefully he'll go into the match with a good game plan.

Who has everybody got sunday , looking for a game to go and watch

Hood Park Rangers away (anyone know anything about them, by the way? New to the Alliance I believe).

They play in Desford on Kirby Road somewhere.

So, yeah, Desford on a Sunday morning when you're just watching? :D

Hood Park Rangers away (anyone know anything about them, by the way? New to the Alliance I believe).

If they are anything like their 5-a-side namesake, they will be very beatable. That said the 5-a-side team had started to get some lads from Loughborough Uni in albeit natives...if not footballers, at least fit.

Fairplay I know alot of the lads down there.

Yeah we will do exceptionally well to beat Trinderbox seeing as they hammered the mighty Sparta Ressies 5-1, give me a break.

:laugh: Looking for it as per.

I agree with Shaun about the county fa coming up with rulings but trinderbox have been in division 5 scraping around the bottom for manier a year, even a member of the alliance board helps run their club (I believe). They've just had an influx of players sign for them who happen to be very good.

Its the going rate these days and player lists should be handed in before constitution of divisions, in my opinion. If Leicestershire Fa provided a database of players who for example play for Trinderbox then they can look at there past clubs. But then again who's going to listen to a division 4 18 year old manager? For know I'm not even near about thinking the county cup, the only game I'm thinking aboiut is Charnwood Forresters Reserves on Sunday and then the next game. League > Cup has always been my view, I desperatley want to get out of Division 4 asap and with the new lads I've got I'm more than capable. fook Trinderbox I, Sparta and anyone else shouldn't really care less about them . Fair play to them for brigning in new players but I'm pretty sure the rest of Division 5 and other teams will have a say when they play them. The End.

Archived