Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

despite missing our captain mr maybury we just edged out LK Old Boys 4-3, should have been more though but for poor finishing :ermm:

our main man ken scoring a dennis bergkamp-esque goal ala newcastle for us, sublime skill!

A wins a win :thumbup: . How many has Keno got now?

Don't suppose you know how first team got on? I was meant to be playing but couldn't get tehre because dad was getting his car fixed which pissed me off quite abit >_< . Haven't played for ages now.

Got quite the golden boot race on now

Ken - 12

Stu - 11

Measures - 10

Nicky G - 9

first team lost either 6 or 7-2 to Throops, Wraggy played for them! >_<

We're still absloutly injury savaged at the minute but managed to win 5-3 at Birstall Trees reserves.

Looking like rest week next week as we have no one to play :-/. Least we should be able to get some players back for the crunch match against Swannington on the 21st.

2-0 win for the CSKA boys who are keeping the pressure on at the top of div 5, joint second now. Played Hat & Beaver today, few meaty challenges from their lads but played in a good spirit, should have put the match to bed with the amount of chances we had but that's been our downfall all season. Just a shame Trinderbox are in division 5 otherwise there would be an almighty scrap involving half the league for that top spot. The Wheel await us next week, roll on next Sunday.

Got quite the golden boot race on now

Ken - 12

Stu - 11

Measures - 10

Nicky G - 9

first team lost either 6 or 7-2 to Throops, Wraggy played for them! >_<

Yeah it's Keno's for the taking then, in the form of his life.

I could still make a late charge with my one solitary goal. Was an epic strike though :whistle: .

Yeah said 7-2 in the Merc anyway. Still mid-table i think so not doing to bad considering the amount they went up from last season.

Got that text from Nath earlier about the Pro-Evo and Pool night so should be coming along by the way Measures.

2-0 win for the CSKA boys who are keeping the pressure on at the top of div 5, joint second now. Played Hat & Beaver today, few meaty challenges from their lads but played in a good spirit, should have put the match to bed with the amount of chances we had but that's been our downfall all season. Just a shame Trinderbox are in division 5 otherwise there would be an almighty scrap involving half the league for that top spot. The Wheel await us next week, roll on next Sunday.

Heard from the beaver camp it were a good close game and you killed it off in the second half with a penalty. Trinderbox lost 3-2 to a premier league side, so you would have thought they will get promoted quite a few divisions for next season. The league rejected their request to be promoted before the season started. If only eh...

Guiza yeah thats gona be a top night mate hope you can make it :)

What for? And how many cards?

No cards.

Game 1:

Penalty 1 - The kid was in the area on the far side and then a defender sort of comes in from an angle from behind and tries to slide round the attacker to hook the ball away but didn't quite master it and just locked his legs around the attacker and brought him down.

Game 2:

Penalty 1 (well two) - Left hand side of penalty area near the goal line with his back to defender facing the goal line and defender right behind him, attacker goes right towards the goal and defender trips him.

Penalty 2 (or three) - Last minute (score was 2-2 at this point and penalty won the game), attacker running alongside defender and defender sort of stands on his foot and both players go down. I gave the penalty.

No cards.

Game 1:

Penalty 1 - The kid was in the area on the far side and then a defender sort of comes in from an angle from behind and tries to slide round the attacker to hook the ball away but didn't quite master it and just locked his legs around the attacker and brought him down.

Game 2:

Penalty 1 (well two) - Left hand side of penalty area near the goal line with his back to defender facing the goal line and defender right behind him, attacker goes right towards the goal and defender trips him.

Penalty 2 (or three) - Last minute (score was 2-2 at this point and penalty won the game), attacker running alongside defender and defender sort of stands on his foot and both players go down. I gave the penalty.

Interesting. I'm guessing a few people went mad?

Heard from the beaver camp it were a good close game and you killed it off in the second half with a penalty. Trinderbox lost 3-2 to a premier league side, so you would have thought they will get promoted quite a few divisions for next season. The league rejected their request to be promoted before the season started. If only eh...

Well it was close in the scoreline and there was a lot of play in the middle third but we created a fair few more chances than them, hit the woodwork twice etc. Although our keeper pulled of a quality save with the scores at 1-0. Good game though, looking forward to the return match against them. A lot of teams of very similar standard this year so should be a good end to the season.

Yeah I heard that the league rejected their request to be moved up, seems a bit daft to me. They knew full well some of the players on their books and should have been put in div 3 or 2. We had Willows in our division last season who were amazing, they had that stu verral lad up top, I remember managing to sneak a 2-2 draw against them and I thought trinderbox would be of that kind of standard, but when we played them in the cup in December they absolutely mullered us 11-2. It was boys against men. Oh well, only gotta play them 2 more times. :cry:

Wonder if anyone will take points of em?

Well it was close in the scoreline and there was a lot of play in the middle third but we created a fair few more chances than them, hit the woodwork twice etc. Although our keeper pulled of a quality save with the scores at 1-0. Good game though, looking forward to the return match against them. A lot of teams of very similar standard this year so should be a good end to the season.

Yeah I heard that the league rejected their request to be moved up, seems a bit daft to me. They knew full well some of the players on their books and should have been put in div 3 or 2. We had Willows in our division last season who were amazing, they had that stu verral lad up top, I remember managing to sneak a 2-2 draw against them and I thought trinderbox would be of that kind of standard, but when we played them in the cup in December they absolutely mullered us 11-2. It was boys against men. Oh well, only gotta play them 2 more times. :cry:

Wonder if anyone will take points of em?

You want to try playing Sileby pal.

You want to try playing Sileby pal.

We did mate, lost 2-0 in the county cup. To be fair it should have been more and they were a very good side, if I remember right we had a few chances in the first half which we didn't take, but in the second half we didn't get a sniff, they keep the ball very well and their passing and moving was top notch, but we didn't give a good account of ourselves either that day. They didn't destroy us like Trinderbox did though. We went one nil up against Trinderbox and for 15 minutes we had them on the rails, missed a couple of one on one's but it was like provoking a lion. They just came at us in waves and we had no answer.

The Premier County Cup Semi Final On Sunday

Nottingham WMC Versus Advance Couriers

Venue: Birstall CC (The CO-OP Sports Ground), Birstall Road, Birstall.

Should be a good game, if anyones games called off etc come down and watch ;)

The Premier County Cup Semi Final On Sunday

Nottingham WMC Versus Advance Couriers

Venue: Birstall CC (The CO-OP Sports Ground), Birstall Road, Birstall.

Should be a good game, if anyones games called off etc come down and watch ;)

Awful pitch for a semi tho. Esp. if it rains over the weekend.

Archived