Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Lost 5-2 to Stamford

Went 2-0 in the first 20 mins, then pulled it back to 2-2. Gave away a soft penalty then heads went down and lost 5-2

Up the Aths, hope to see you all wednesday.

You went 2-0 up in the firsts 20??? S'unlucky that. Having said that we did go up 1-0 up away at Wymeswold which is even more shocking lol.

Know what it's like when heads drop against teams like that, they don't let up for 90 minutes at that level. Still scoreline is hardly something to be ashamed of given they beat the average Prem team by more goals than that most weeks.

Drew 1-1 away at Cropston, playing in the Ghetto on a shit pitch against Sunday leagues answer to Stoke City, thankfully don't have to play them again this season. Wasn't much fun.

Congrats to the Aths. Fantastic win and made it look so easy.

I'm glad Shaun's proved anyone who doubted him and his team, because they've proved them wrong tonight. Well done big man, looked very smart tonight.

Ben Stapleford? More attacking left back than Roberto Carlos?

Congrats to the Aths. Fantastic win and made it look so easy.

I'm glad Shaun's proved anyone who doubted him and his team, because they've proved them wrong tonight. Well done big man, looked very smart tonight.

Ben Stapleford? More attacking left back than Roberto Carlos?

lol

Thankyou to those that come last night and all the support. I love u all xxx

A few of us were thinking about attending but it clashed with a rather big 5's game, congrats though. Just hope they promote you out of our way next season!

Manny, what are peacock like?

I don't know why you even bother asking me these questions. You'll bury whoever you play at this level as you've got a team thats of Div 1 quality at the very least.

But to answer your question, not to shabby, got a good striker, we beat them 1-0 Pre Season and drew 3-3 in the league. Weakness is the left full back the lad cannot play football at all, can't kick a ball twenty yards.

I don't know why you even bother asking me these questions. You'll bury whoever you play at this level as you've got a team thats of Div 1 quality at the very least.

But to answer your question, not to shabby, got a good striker, we beat them 1-0 Pre Season and drew 3-3 in the league. Weakness is the left full back the lad cannot play football at all, can't kick a ball twenty yards.

lol

No it's not that, it's just Swannington & Peacock are forming an Anti Sileby Athletic campaign which will do everything in their best powers to beat us. I know there striker who looks like a pizza deliverer? Roll on midweeks games starting from April. We are going to be well busy!

There is a rumour that the transfer deadline has been extended for some leagues.

lol

No it's not that, it's just Swannington & Peacock are forming an Anti Sileby Athletic campaign which will do everything in their best powers to beat us. I know there striker who looks like a pizza deliverer? Roll on midweeks games starting from April. We are going to be well busy!

There is a rumour that the transfer deadline has been extended for some leagues.

Yeah thats him, Pizza delivery ball all over. Good shout.

Short of them gunning down your entire squad, It doesn't matter who they form alliances with, you'll win that league at a canter. Peacock should be more concerned about looking over their shoulders anyway as we will be overtaking them in a few weeks if they don't start picking up results! we're only 4 points behind them and we have a game in hand and they have to play you twice!

When is it, I've got a couple of lads I need to get signed on from Ravenston.

Well done to Sileby Aths for there win in the week! :thumbup:

Who has everyone got this week? big game for us Riverside vs Ashby Rovers, we are sitting 2nd in div2 at the min but played alot more than most teams and Ashby are one of the teams that can catch us, we only have 2 games left so if win them both we should go up as runners up! No chance of winning it as Loughborough Rovers have pissed all over us and the rest of the division.

Drew 2-2 with Trinderbox. Well happy with that, and the fact the Harrow seems to have had 6 points deducted, anyone know why? Second is in touching distance now.

Cracking result for your lot that. We helped you in your quest for second with a last minute eqauliser from midfield general David Kennedy in a 2-2 draw with Phoenix. :thumbup:

Lost to Trinity Old Boys 1 vs 3 Can't lose these must win games! Need a result against Frolesworth next week!

We were awful, gave them a 0 vs 2 goal head start which lasted untill half time then 0 vs 3 got 1 back straight away but it was not meant to be, can't keep turning up and not trying hard enough.

Drew 2-2 with Trinderbox. Well happy with that, and the fact the Harrow seems to have had 6 points deducted, anyone know why? Second is in touching distance now.

3 points were for illegal player played against our reserves, i presume he played another. They signed him on pre match despite transfer deadline being passed

Archived