Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Talking of breaking legs, our game had a 40 minute delay yesterday when one of the opposition lads had his leg almost snapped in half by a lad from my team after 8 minutes. I weren't impressed at all it was a pathetic challenge, so I refused to play any part in the game at all. We got beat 4-0 as well - justice methinks.

Talking of breaking legs, our game had a 40 minute delay yesterday when one of the opposition lads had his leg almost snapped in half by a lad from my team after 8 minutes. I weren't impressed at all it was a pathetic challenge, so I refused to play any part in the game at all. We got beat 4-0 as well - justice methinks.

Ruins the game when you get idiots like that.

Ruins the game when you get idiots like that.

Fooking did as well mate. I was disgusted with it - the ball wasn't even there and you could hear the sound of the impact from over the other side of the pitch where I was stood. The lads leg was a right mess. He was meant to be coming Fulham on Wednesday (not with me but that's not the point) but I dunno if he'll make it now. Their team deservedly won. I'd have been gutted if we'd have got a result from that game.

Back in the day when I broke my ankle - I went out and got stonkingly drunk without going to the hospital and then couldn't walk - excellent.

Then I went the next night, probably still pissed and they put me in a cast :cool:

Fooking did as well mate. I was disgusted with it - the ball wasn't even there and you could hear the sound of the impact from over the other side of the pitch where I was stood. The lads leg was a right mess. He was meant to be coming Fulham on Wednesday (not with me but that's not the point) but I dunno if he'll make it now. Their team deservedly won. I'd have been gutted if we'd have got a result from that game.

I missed a school trip to watch Man UTD in the Champions League because it was the day after I done my leg. I was gutted.

Damn, when I broke my leg a few weeks back I was asked to carry on, no thought of stopping the game lol

It was because they couldn't move him, he was laying down on the cold, wet, muddy pitch for an hour before they said it was too dark and couldn't finish the match. He's a great player aswell.

It was because they couldn't move him, he was laying down on the cold, wet, muddy pitch for an hour before they said it was too dark and couldn't finish the match. He's a great player aswell.

Horrible when things like that happen. Good luck to the lad on his recovery.

I play for Humberstone Rangers u16s, just got asked to play for the u17s at the weekend though, pitty the match was called off.

We got you this sunday, be warned: we are shit. I am also getting an early excuse in for my possibly poor performance as i have been ill this week and missed training due to the Fulham game :whistle:

We got you this sunday, be warned: we are shit. I am also getting an early excuse in for my possibly poor performance as i have been ill this week and missed training due to the Fulham game :whistle:

Well we won 3-0. I played shit, did about 3 good things all match <_< (One of them was an assist though)

Well we got beat 5-2 by one of the poorer teams I have played against in recent years. 5-1 down at halftime as well :rolleyes:

Absolute shambles in the first half - some awful defensive work literally gifted them 4 of their 5 goals (t'other goal was an awesome 30 yard strike in off the post - near unstoppable). As I expected of myself, I had a hand in both of our goals, more so with the first than the second.

Generally abysmal team performance though. Still, considering t'was my first game back after a lengthy spell on the sidelines I wasn't too bad I thought, especially after halftime. I lasted a full 90 minutes in heavy conditions as well. Things can only get better - starting at the bottom club next weekend :D Then we play the league leaders the week after :unsure:

Hmm it's that time of the week again when everyone is gearing up for another Sunday League game either late in the morning or early in the afternoon.

We've got an away day at Quenniborough - the leagues bottom club. No less than a resounding win will be good enough here for us. I don't think the opposition have won a game all season and I'm not about to be a part of the first team to give them 3 points.

Back in the day when I broke my ankle - I went out and got stonkingly drunk without going to the hospital and then couldn't walk - excellent.

Then I went the next night, probably still pissed and they put me in a cast :cool:

Against my better judgement :mad:

Hmm it's that time of the week again when everyone is gearing up for another Sunday League game either late in the morning or early in the afternoon.

We've got an away day at Quenniborough - the leagues bottom club. No less than a resounding win will be good enough here for us. I don't think the opposition have won a game all season and I'm not about to be a part of the first team to give them 3 points.

What time do you kick off Jamie ?

I may come down and watch as its not far away from Syton.

Archived