Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Division 2 in Derbyshire and Chesterfield league. Pretty decent team , we had one player who recently had a trial at Mansfield. I cant be arsed with it anymore , I'd rather stay in bed!

Kool your choice about quiting mate hope u make the right choice :)

It's well annoying. I swear half of our team doesn't have a brain. After playing for Ibstock and winning the league last season, to playing for these this year, it's just frustrating. If Ibstock hadn't folded, we would have walked the league i'm in this year.

I know the feeling mate, I'm playing in a team which is exactly the same - just ask Ched. It's really, really annoying when you know the teams you're playing against aren't very good, and you want to apply pressure/up the tempo of the game, but your team is incapable of doing anything remotely like it. It seriously makes you consider packing it all in.

borough alliance 1 west end 3

we stay in contention for the title with a fine result away at the league leaders

absolutly wounded , our debutant keeper was signed for another team although he told us otherwise . we will be deducted 6 points and have to replay the match :cry:

I know the feeling mate, I'm playing in a team which is exactly the same - just ask Ched. It's really, really annoying when you know the teams you're playing against aren't very good, and you want to apply pressure/up the tempo of the game, but your team is incapable of doing anything remotely like it. It seriously makes you consider packing it all in.

Join a better team then. :rolleyes:

absolutly wounded , our debutant keeper was signed for another team although he told us otherwise . we will be deducted 6 points and have to replay the match :cry:

Ouch, not good at all, puts a serious dent in your challenge!! I'd have words with the 'keeper Sparky.

Yeah Fosse won 5-2, dodgy penalty given against us. Cobbo Cat Burger and Tomassi scoring, with 2 new boys getting 1 each aswell. That cements our 3rd place with 2 tough games coming up against teams in top 4.

Sorry Tom, I forgot about you chum. Forgive me? I wasn't there :(

Well it is officially Saturday night again, meaning it's time to bring this thread back to life.

Great game for us tomorrow - league leaders Coalville at our place. Considering how badly my team has performed this season and how they struggled to beat the bottom-placed team last week, we're going to have a 'mare tomorrow and get tonked!! :(:cry:

:laugh:

Who you got son? I'm gona predict a 3-1 win for you tomorrow, without even knowing your opposition. :P

To be honest, i don't even know. I'm willing to place a bet that we will concede either early on or from a corner. It's usually both.

To be honest, i don't even know. I'm willing to place a bet that we will concede either early on or from a corner. It's usually both.

:laugh: you'll be fine tomorrow son, it's all about your own performance. You are not the team. Though if you play well you could inspire the others to follow your lead and pick their own performance up. :thumbup::yesyes:

Hmm interesting game today. We played Coalville Town, who are supposed to be "the best footballing side in the division". What a joke that is. They were not a great footballing side, more a team of individuals who like the occasional link-up. They cannot cope when put under pressure - they start to panic, and begin hoofing the ball up-field. It doesn't help though when our central midfield is allowing their most influential player all the time in the world to come forward and pick his pass 'cos they can't be bothered to shut him down. :rolleyes:

Apologies to filbertway - we didn't do your lot any favours today as we got beat 2-1. However on the plus side, I had an awesome game, scored our goal with a sublime chip, rattled the bar from 25 yards and caused their right back all sorts of problems throughout. :cool:

Hmm interesting game today. We played Coalville Town, who are supposed to be "the best footballing side in the division". What a joke that is. They were not a great footballing side, more a team of individuals who like the occasional link-up. They cannot cope when put under pressure - they start to panic, and begin hoofing the ball up-field. It doesn't help though when our central midfield is allowing their most influential player all the time in the world to come forward and pick his pass 'cos they can't be bothered to shut him down. :rolleyes:

Apologies to filbertway - we didn't do your lot any favours today as we got beat 2-1. However on the plus side, I had an awesome game, scored our goal with a sublime chip, rattled the bar from 25 yards and caused their right back all sorts of problems throughout. :cool:

Back on the left today then !

Back on the left today then !

For sure, and I actually cut inside a fair few times today as I was meant to last week! It paid dividends though 'cos I actually felt good whilst playing today and had the beating of their man every time. Though in the second half I didn't have much room to move as I had 2 or 3 men charging at me when I got the ball lol!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not playing tomorrow. Took a whack in my face today in our cup semi final, (which we won 2-1, yeah yeah, final at Holmes park april 21st btw :thumbup: ) and i can't see outof my left eye. :(

Archived