Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Went well thank's I can't believe the two teams are in the same league! Shepshed were awful! the game finished 8-2 to Syston, Only thing that was bad about the day was a cheating linesman :rolleyes: The typical raise the flag when the player is clearly onside and then have a right go at the ref when he know's it's my first game, but the goal stood so there you go ;) Then got me £20 and buggered off home :D

What League(s) do you officiate in? What age group? How old are you?

Don't know what league it was but I'm doing my first few matches doing U11's to gain some match expierience (sp?) i am 15 turning 16 in April :thumbup:

Experience :P

Anyway, I ref under 11s and under 12s in the Leicester league :cool:

Right little mouthy gits :whistle:

Experience :P

Anyway, I ref under 11s and under 12s in the Leicester league :cool:

Right little mouthy gits :whistle:

Cheers for the spelling :thumbup:

I had one lad who was having a go at me all game, could tell he was a right chav, but late in the second half, I gave a free kick to his team as per usual he starting having a go then half-way through his sentence stopped, realising I'd given it his team's way :D

Cheers for the spelling :thumbup:

I had one lad who was having a go at me all game, could tell he was a right chav, but late in the second half, I gave a free kick to his team as per usual he starting having a go then half-way through his sentence stopped, realising I'd given it his team's way :D

Should have pulled him over the second / third time and tell him to calm down and stop questioning you or he'll go in the book next time for dissent ;) Oh, and remember, if you ever threaten a player he's going in the book next time MAKE SURE YOU KEEP TO YOUR WORD to keep control of the match or you'll have people like "Ref you said next time it's a yellow for him, you can't change your mind!" etc. and they'll back chat you for every decision seeing you as being weak

I've not had to card anyone yet... have you?

Should have pulled him over the second / third time and tell him to calm down and stop questioning you or he'll go in the book next time for dissent ;) Oh, and remember, if you ever threaten a player he's going in the book next time MAKE SURE YOU KEEP TO YOUR WORD to keep control of the match or you'll have people like "Ref you said next time it's a yellow for him, you can't change your mind!" etc. and they'll back chat you for every decision seeing you as being weak

I've not had to card anyone yet... have you?

Did do that seemed to quiet down a bit, should of booked this one lad in hindsight, the winger had knocked the ball passed the opposite winger on a run down the flank and he just slid in late and took him out, but after the tackle the kid seemed as though he was about to cry, I thught he honestly didn't mean it, just gave him a harsh talking to and left it at that :thumbup:

Did do that seemed to quiet down a bit, should of booked this one lad in hindsight, the winger had knocked the ball passed the opposite winger on a run down the flank and he just slid in late and took him out, but after the tackle the kid seemed as though he was about to cry, I thught he honestly didn't mean it, just gave him a harsh talking to and left it at that :thumbup:

I had the same player take out the same winger who'd got past him twice in one game. I should really have booked him but it was my second game and I wasn't confident enough though :P

Btw, if a player calls you a cheat what would you do? Even at under 11s age group?

I don't mean something like "Stop giving all the decisions to that team" something proper like "Ref, you're a cheat!"

I had the same player take out the same winger who'd got past him twice in one game. I should really have booked him but it was my second game and I wasn't confident enough though :P

Btw, if a player calls you a cheat what would you do? Even at under 11s age group?

I don't mean something like "Stop giving all the decisions to that team" something proper like "Ref, you're a cheat!"

I'd be very tempted to kick him in the balls and walk off the pitch.

Did you have this situation? If he was a bit older, book him straight away, but at U11's I'd give them 1 chance to calm down, then if he does it again book him

I'd be very tempted to kick him in the balls and walk off the pitch.

:D I wish I could do that :)

I would reply

" I cheated on your mum too "

How original :unsure:

Did you have this situation? If he was a bit older, book him straight away, but at U11's I'd give them 1 chance to calm down, then if he does it again book him

Nope just wondering what you'd do.

I thought you'd issue a red card for foul and abusive language (calling you a cheat could be quite abusive)

Bit late, and not Sunday League, but I'll post anyway.

Thurnby Rangers 2 - 2 Aylestone Park Youth (League Cup; Thurnby win 6-5 on Penalties).

Quality stuff, we equalised with 3 minutes to go to send the game into penalties. I naturally offered to take one, being cocky and all. Stepped up to take number 4 and missed. Absolutely awful penalty. Not that it mattered. :cool:

Onwards to the Quarter-finals. The treble is still on this season. :D

Syston Slags.

Didn't enjoy my time at Syston. Good players. Good team. Struggled to settle. Style of play was way out of my depth. Div 1 to the Prem is a massive jump for me.

Sileby - Syston - Sileby. Now signed on. Playing next week god willing.

Archived