Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Lot of money is the first thing that strikes me.

If you get some decent sponsors, and get your squad of 16/17 players actually paying their subs you should be fine though.

I know.

You want to sponser us Dave?

I'm offering a knock down price of £650 a season at the moment.

Awww did poor danny get bullied by the little kids?

I was running the line for my local team (as a CAR) and I made two major cock ups. I had a good first half. Few people moaning at me but I know I got the decisions correct so I can live with that.

In the second half I flag that the ball has gone out of play for a throw in when the player had actually kept it in. Manager sees it's gone in and looks shocked (I was anticipating the ball to go out of the FOP but it was kept in - I've learnt to wait until the ball goes out of the FOP before signalling now!!). The manager did not say anything because I was their CAR and he understood that I was still learning. The other team then score from an attacking phase of play, which had come directly from the throw in. Makes it 2-1 to 'my' team. (They're not mine or anything to do with me I just run the line for them because I enjoy it and they are my local team and my dad knows the manager so got me in doing it etc.)

Last minute of the game the score is still 2-1. The ball is played throw to the attacker and I am unsure if he is level or offside. I put my flag up to indicate offside and the player stops from being 1 on 1. He never put the ball in the back of the net but he had a good chance to had I not signalled offside. Now in all reality I probably would not have flagged had I not made the earlier cock up so this leads me to believe that he was actually onside.

At the end of the game the parents were telling the Ref I'd let him down and that it was never offside. I just argued my point, attempting to sell my decision but they were having none of it. They believed I was a cheat and an awful. They were the two of the worst decisions I had made as an AR to date.

Didn't feel very happy after the game :(

I did feel a bit better, though, when I reflected on my earlier morning game. I was an AR down at the LCFC academy and I got a very good review. I feel I performed well in that as well.

Climbed up to 6th with a 3-2 win over Harborough Towb :)

3-0 up at half time should have been 7 or 8 up at half time.

Played some cracking football, star striker got is 18th and 19th goals in 16 games. Secnd half started well and we passed wel and made about 4 chances but then it started to go wrong. They scored 2 in 5 minutes then we started panicking and they hit the bar and had a penalty claim turned down. Although we should have scored more when we hit them on the break.

3-2 final score, should have been about 12-4. ;)

Tomassi has sorted one out, ask him if you need any help.

Best way to get a sponsor is approach a pub , ask for sponsorship and say that in return you will bring the squad in after each match , we have 2 fantastic sponsors. MN Commercials and The Foresters Arms.We have a first team and reserve team and for that we have to raise near on £1500 a season and that dont include buying nets / kit / corner flags etc.

Climbed up to 6th with a 3-2 win over Harborough Towb :)

3-0 up at half time should have been 7 or 8 up at half time.

Played some cracking football, star striker got is 18th and 19th goals in 16 games. Secnd half started well and we passed wel and made about 4 chances but then it started to go wrong. They scored 2 in 5 minutes then we started panicking and they hit the bar and had a penalty claim turned down. Although we should have scored more when we hit them on the break.

3-2 final score, should have been about 12-4. ;)

Thats rubbish mate :rolleyes:

Archived