Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Lost 3-2 to rivals Ellistown today.

Was 2-0 down within 5 minutes after VERY poor defending. Played better 2nd half and got a goal back, but they hit us on the break straight after. We scored again with 10 minutes left and then we were pressuring them but just could not find a equaliser. :frusty:

I know.

You want to sponser us Dave?

I'm offering a knock down price of £650 a season at the moment.

£650?!? you would be very lucky to get that, although some teams do manage to strike lucky!

Weve got free kit from our sponsor (worth £400) and that will hopefully last upto 3 seasons. I already had an away kit sorted FOC from when i ran a 5 a side team (the sponsor of that team gave us full sets lol!) so thats £750 worth of kit free.

Its going to cost upto and around £2000 to set up and run your first season, as you need to buy equipment, nets, kit, pay fees and everything else, but if you charge your players a signing on fee and a suitable match fee then you should be ok. Luckily we have found a pitch where they charge month-by-month rather than a lump sum at the beginning of the season.

If you need any further advice, just give me a call and i should be able to answer any of your questions :-)

£650?!? you would be very lucky to get that, although some teams do manage to strike lucky!

Weve got free kit from our sponsor (worth £400) and that will hopefully last upto 3 seasons. I already had an away kit sorted FOC from when i ran a 5 a side team (the sponsor of that team gave us full sets lol!) so thats £750 worth of kit free.

Its going to cost upto and around £2000 to set up and run your first season, as you need to buy equipment, nets, kit, pay fees and everything else, but if you charge your players a signing on fee and a suitable match fee then you should be ok. Luckily we have found a pitch where they charge month-by-month rather than a lump sum at the beginning of the season.

If you need any further advice, just give me a call and i should be able to answer any of your questions :-)

I've been told £550 in sponsership money £12 signing on fee for each player and around £3 a match normally covers you, thats what I'm working off anyway.

I've been told £550 in sponsership money £12 signing on fee for each player and around £3 a match normally covers you, thats what I'm working off anyway.

Manwell, I ran a side a few years ago and I have an idea how to raise the funds you want/need

An idea that you should seriously consider, Start a 5 a side team up at Goals on Sunday evening (£25 for a League Game), get 8 players every week and charge £5 subs (Profit of £15 per week) no ref fees, no player registration fees and you dont even need a proper kit to begin with, By the end of July you would have made a profit for your New Sunday League side of approx £270!!! It would also give you and at least 8 of your players a great opportunity to get to know each others styles and get the dressing room banter in full swing before you big kick off not to mention a great opportunity to scout any decent players that you could snatch.

I know that £5 subs for 5 a side is a tad steep but if you explain that its because you want to keep signing on fees and subs for your Sunday morning side down Im sure your Mates will oblige.

A few ideas for Kit and pitch also..

Kit

Try this for your Kit (Reversable so no need to buy an Away one!!) Comes to approx £450 which if you charge £15 signing on fee and get a squad of at least 20 then you are almost there.

or Carlotti Kit £150

For your pitch, Unless you have one already sorted try this

Pitch

They were excellent, sorted us a Collage pitch for about £15 per game (We paid this monthly so your players subs should cover this and the Referee fees!!) The Collage were also excellent and they already had posts up and they loaned us Nets for each game free of charge!!!

The only other Outgoings should be your League Fee, FA Affiliation charge and County Cup fee. Honestly cant remember how much this cost us?!?!

A side I played for also did a Team Fun run to raise sponsorship money, we raised over £300 just from player sponsorships!!

If you cant get a pub to sponsor you, see if they will let you do a weekly raffle on thier busiest day. Buy and England Shirt for £25 and then sell tickets at a quid a pop, we did this on 5 occasions and the lowest we made was £25 profit!!! The money is there, you just have to be cheeky enough to ask for it :thumbup:

EDIT : Where are you planning on being based? I have a few friends that may be interested in Sponsorship for an 11 a side Team.

Well, we were dreadful today. Lost 3-0 to Barrow. We had absolutely no midfield, no creativity or support for the attack/protection for the defence at all. I got dropped back to left back again <_< and after two minutes I decided to pull a muscle, which made for an umcomfortable game to say the least. Only entertainment was their complete w*nker of a number 12. Came on after 85 minutes, immediately started mouthing off and threatening to 'bang us all out, and our dads.' and also managed to get himself booked. **** :laugh:

Ha, Super Barrow hey? Lutterworth beat Syston so the title is ours for the taking. We've got Kirby and Huncote to play and our fate is against Kingsway last game of the season. LD, thought Kirby were good?

Not today we weren't.

Missing 2 key players, and our best player only got 20 minutes because he's only just come back from injury.

Our midfield was ridiculous because of these things.

Lost 3-2 to Syston Town after extra-time in the Semi-final of the County Cup (under 18) :(

Cracking game though, quality to play at Coalville Town :thumbup:

Come on the Syston Army.

We'll keep the Yellow flag flying high

From Donkey Park to Wemberlee

Archived