Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Manwell, I ran a side a few years ago and I have an idea how to raise the funds you want/need

An idea that you should seriously consider, Start a 5 a side team up at Goals on Sunday evening (£25 for a League Game), get 8 players every week and charge £5 subs (Profit of £15 per week) no ref fees, no player registration fees and you dont even need a proper kit to begin with, By the end of July you would have made a profit for your New Sunday League side of approx £270!!! It would also give you and at least 8 of your players a great opportunity to get to know each others styles and get the dressing room banter in full swing before you big kick off not to mention a great opportunity to scout any decent players that you could snatch.

I know that £5 subs for 5 a side is a tad steep but if you explain that its because you want to keep signing on fees and subs for your Sunday morning side down Im sure your Mates will oblige.

A few ideas for Kit and pitch also..

Kit

Try this for your Kit (Reversable so no need to buy an Away one!!) Comes to approx £450 which if you charge £15 signing on fee and get a squad of at least 20 then you are almost there.

or Carlotti Kit £150

For your pitch, Unless you have one already sorted try this

Pitch

They were excellent, sorted us a Collage pitch for about £15 per game (We paid this monthly so your players subs should cover this and the Referee fees!!) The Collage were also excellent and they already had posts up and they loaned us Nets for each game free of charge!!!

The only other Outgoings should be your League Fee, FA Affiliation charge and County Cup fee. Honestly cant remember how much this cost us?!?!

A side I played for also did a Team Fun run to raise sponsorship money, we raised over £300 just from player sponsorships!!

If you cant get a pub to sponsor you, see if they will let you do a weekly raffle on thier busiest day. Buy and England Shirt for £25 and then sell tickets at a quid a pop, we did this on 5 occasions and the lowest we made was £25 profit!!! The money is there, you just have to be cheeky enough to ask for it :thumbup:

EDIT : Where are you planning on being based? I have a few friends that may be interested in Sponsorship for an 11 a side Team.

Already have a 5 a side team mate that play on both Wendnesday and Sundays mate. They're already making up most of the team.

We've decided to train over the summer anyway we can do this for free, we can charge people 1.50 a session, twice a week if we get all 20 it will be sixty quid a week for three months. Idea lifted off Tomassi lol.

The team is based in the Ashby Coalville area so I thanks for the link for the pitch but I have to liase with NWLDC not the city council.

Again as I say we aren't city based so that would probabley be a problem for your sponsers, if not you can let me know

Already have a 5 a side team mate that play on both Wendnesday and Sundays mate. They're already making up most of the team.

We've decided to train over the summer anyway we can do this for free, we can charge people 1.50 a session, twice a week if we get all 20 it will be sixty quid a week for three months. Idea lifted off Tomassi lol.

The team is based in the Ashby Coalville area so I thanks for the link for the pitch but I have to liase with NWLDC not the city council.

Again as I say we aren't city based so that would probabley be a problem for your sponsers, if not you can let me know

Yeah, Sponsors would be looking for City based team.

Good Luck anyways and keep us posted on your progress!

C-man - do you play for Allexton?

AC Wigston 11-1 Gilmorton

Top of the league after that win.

Yeah I do mate. It's embarrasing at the moment, so to gain a bit of respectability in the semi-final was good.

Having said that, I don't think we deserved to lose 5-1 to you the other week. No question you deserved to win, but not by that margin. :unsure:

alright sparky, will get that friendly soon via facebook or something? manwell i'm sure we could arrange a summer exibition match?

How do you play for? Could do with some friendlies. I think our pitch should be free.

I have signed LD3 on a three year (verbel) deal, he's not getting out of it.

Archived