Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Ashby Railway 0 - 2 Sparta Parva

Good game, we had the lion's share of possession but you got some very good players Manwell!

Good Luck for next season :thumbup:

Good game. Parva dominated the first half and if we could get someone to whip in a good corner probably would have been more than 0-1 and half time. Second half Ashby got into the game a bit more managing to get a passing game going but still IMO a comfortable win. :thumbup:

Wish we had the same result mate.

Suffered a 5-2 defeat today, things just didnt go our way today. We had a good first half and finished 2-2 with us scoring a class goal worked it from the back but second hald they just wanted it more and that knocked us a little bit.

This is a learning curve for us and we will be back with a bang on Tuesday when we play Sileby Victoria in a big derby.

We had a Tournement today, Nottingham WMC won it :)

3 Games, 25Mins each way.

Game 1: Nottingham WMC 1 - 0 Aylestone United

Game 2: Nottingham WMC 5 - 0 Western Park Rangers

Game 3: Nottingham WMC 1 - 0 Athletico Sportsman

Ashby Railway 0 - 2 Sparta Parva

Good game, we had the lion's share of possession but you got some very good players Manwell!

Good Luck for next season :thumbup:

Ha which ones?

We were shit, need to get some players back for the Sileby game, will be very surprised if I get in the squad, had one of those games where I look like I haven't played football before.

Fully deserved win for your lot, best of luck for the season, cheers for the game. Just hope we can step it up for when it matters.

Ha which ones?

We were shit, need to get some players back for the Sileby game, will be very surprised if I get in the squad, had one of those games where I look like I haven't played football before.

Fully deserved win for your lot, best of luck for the season, cheers for the game. Just hope we can step it up for when it matters.

If we play like we did yesterday you wont need any.

Very good victory for us tonight, they decided to start kicking us but we left it and got on with the game and deserved the win. Should of been more aswell.

For saying they are a Saturday team they were really poor, probably the worst opposition we have played pre-season.

Very good victory for us tonight, they decided to start kicking us but we left it and got on with the game and deserved the win. Should of been more aswell.

For saying they are a Saturday team they were really poor, probably the worst opposition we have played pre-season.

Good to hear , Let them kick you , make sure you behave and most refs will back you . You have got a few gobby little feckers in your side , keep a lid on them or they will find out what open age football on a sunday is really like

'Wednesday League Football' started for us last night.

Drew 3-3 with Niffy ressies - we were at home but as the council could not organise a shag in a brothel, our pitch was not prepared. So we had a pitch that must have been 20 yards wide...did not let us play much football.

Solid start mind you eventhough we rode our luck at times. Missing a few players so onwards and upwards.

So Parva & West End, comments on your games this evening?

Down the pub I bet good on yer.

Parva with an unfortunate 3-2 reverse and West End a 1-1 draw.

yep it was a game we should have won but ultimately they took their chances and we didn't!

The lads are still upbeat from the performance and i think division four is gonna be a tough one with so many good teams like Magna Town and Fosse City! Will be interesting! The lads can't believe we lost they only had 4 chances to our 20ish lol! oops!

I have a new team this season.

Barwell Athletic U18's. Premier League side.

Decided to go to the age group higher than me, a whole new level for me aswell as age. We have a Hinkley player, and a Newcastle trialist winger. Along with other quality players. So this season will be a real test for me.

We WERE going to play in the Marstons Stadium pre-season. But it rained and they got all fussy. :angry:

We lost that game, as it was Hinkley. And our first game back, without training, and 5 key players missing. It was 2-1 to them after 55 minutes and in the end it was 7-1. Which makes me sound like the shittest goalkeeper the world has ever seen. lol

But it was actually my best game of pre-season.

Then we played a mix of an U18's team and a mens team... Market Bosworth.

Won 5-2.

We played well enough, still one or two things to improve on.

My performance wasn't as good as i would've liked it to be.

Next game was Barlestone.

Won 3-1.

A solid performance all round.

Their goal was a penalty. :angry:

I didn't really have a lot to do in goal.

Barwell 0-0 Narborough.

We didn't play well at all.

But hey, a good result. I'd like to see what we'd do if we played well.

Back against the wall for most of the match.

I made a save I was proud of. Deflected cross at the near post.

Comments such as "Are you superman?" were said. Which I was pretty chuffed with.

Barwell 14-0 Soar Valley lol

Well, we played brilliantly. But in all honesty they were shite.

First half I touched the ball about 4 times.

Second half was a little more busy but there was only one comfortable save and a good collection at feet.

It's been a good pre-season. And the season starts on Sunday.

We have last seasons winners away from home first match (Enderby) - So it's gonna be a tough start!

EDIT: My mate who plays for Hinkley knows Chris Kirkland. And he might get me some free gloves. :w00t:

Archived