Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

lol why??

What are this Walsh UK mob like then Urban fox? useful?

We beat them 11-0 in an friendly when we had full squad then lost 3-0 last week with half a squad :frusty: , no one really stood out they were average at best, I think we just had a bad day. a couple of big lumps upfront and a nasty centreback who should of had 3 reds in 10mins lol.

We play Charnwood Foresters reserves on sunday anyone know anything about them??

Cant belive they have called the Sileby game off already. its not forcast that bad this weekend. cant be in a worse state than last week?

We beat them 11-0 in an friendly when we had full squad then lost 3-0 last week with half a squad :frusty: , no one really stood out they were average at best, I think we just had a bad day. a couple of big lumps upfront and a nasty centreback who should of had 3 reds in 10mins lol.

We play Charnwood Foresters reserves on sunday anyone know anything about them??

Cant belive they have called the Sileby game off already. its not forcast that bad this weekend. cant be in a worse state than last week?

So you went, from winning 11-0 against them, to losing 3-0, because you had 6 players out >_<

They must be 6 very good players.

Charnwood Forresters Ressies are pretty shit so I hear. They were last season anyway they might of improved.

Can't belive they've called your game off it's been dry as a bone here for about 3 days.

theres no way our game was called off because of a waterlogged pitch, I trained my under8s on it yesterday morning, and it was fine, my moneys reckons they've double booked it, would nip over the road to check but still sick as a parrot

Although must admit I'm kinda glad its off as I'd be out, but was very annoyed Thursday and still am now on the whole as I know how much shaun and all the other lads just want to get started

Another Sileby team who play at Rawlins were affected as their game was called off also. With 3 potential games on a Saturday, 3 potential games on Sunday Morning and Sunday Afternoon with bad rainfall (last week) I quite understand why they wanted to call it off. The weather is unpredictable at the moment and the past week we've had a fair bit of rain overnight. They also said they don't want the pitches wrecked so early in the season, which I don't mind as I do love a good spring midweek game.

As Tom said, just want to get playing now.

You were supposed to do Coalville vs. Anstey today? Anyway I did it and now have the U16's Mountsorrel vs. Westfield.

Ye Chris Parkin had given me two games at the same date / time (the second being Coalville vs. Anstey) I told him and said I'd do the Coalville one because that is nearest to where I live and he said Nah do the other one.

How did it go? Also, how did you know I was supposed to have it lol

Well a terrible start to our campaign.

Drew 2-2 with Walsh UK away, but we absloutley battered them, hit the woodwork on new fewer than 8 occasions and missed about 6 sitters. We were 2-0 up with 15 minutes left, then our assistant manager, manager for the day, made a very ill informed change at right back, they came charging down our left, and they got back in the game and equalised in the last minute. As with the Sparta Parva game we had problems in a key area but I wont say as I don't want Tevez to know our weakness :giggle:

Can see how Riverside gave them a beating, can't really see how they managed to lose 3-0 to them at home though!

Ibstock 0-3 Highfield Rangers.

Was all over them but just couldn't score. A lot better performance than last week. Their first goal was a cross that caught the wind and floated into the far corner off the post. Their second goal was once again a cross, a low one this time that hit a divot in the ground and wrong-footed the keeper and bounced in off the post. Third goal was an extremely soft penalty. We could have and should have had about 5 or 6 goals at least. Just the wrong decision or poor finishing cost us.

They were dirty buggars as well, even though it was us that finished with 10 men. They were giving fouls left, right and centre. One of their strikers squared up to our defender and pushed his head against our players head. All our player did was stand there and the 'Ref' did nothing. Then 10 minutes later one of their defenders and our striker square up to each other and this time they both put their heads together, their player fall to the floor clutching his face. The ref who was oblivious to all this happening takes one look at the player on the floor and produces a straight red card for our striker.

Unbelievable. I know that our player should have most probably been sent off, but they surely should have had 2 red cards for using the head and the other countless booking for fouls.

:frusty:

Yeah bit concerned about the refs at this level.

Ours decided he wasn't putting his cards through today, which is fair enough. But there was were so many challenges today, one of which should of been a straight red without any question as our player was completley through, that went unpunished or in that case, under punished.

Drew 2-2 with Kingsway.

Went 1-0 up early on, then conceded just before half time. We were on the back foot from then onwards and conceded again not long into the second and it looked bleak.

Then I managed to beat the keeper to a through ball and poke us level, then we took control again. I got absolutely battered by their big centre back when I got moved up front for the last 20 minutes, the hefty, clumsy, oaf. Too slow and too stupid. But boy was he big. Oh, and I also had a rasping 25 yard shot that hit the bar and bounced down on the line. >_<

I'll take a point though, away from home against supposedly one of the best teams in this league.

Ours decided he wasn't putting his cards through today, which is fair enough. But there was were so many challenges today, one of which should of been a straight red without any question as our player was completley through, that went unpunished or in that case, under punished.

About 5 or 6 good ones in the alliance , rest are shockers

Yeah we had a couple where we were through or just one player to beat and they either just but an arm round us to stope us (like John Terry yesterday) or just tripped us up.

Once it got a heated their players didn't seem to care what they did. One particular nasty tackle on me nearly forced me to come off, he came in with his studs on my thigh then scraped them down my leg. Didn't even get booked.

>_<

Went down to watch what could possibly be my new team play today (Leicester Academicals) at Winstanley Community College in the Alliance Premier League, both sides poor, but the diference was the other team (can't remember there name JBS i think) had a player called 'Goose' that bossed their Midfield, he scored a great goal from about 20 yards out. Leicester Academicals.

JBS (we'll call them) seemed a very organised side aparently turning upto the ground about 2 hours before kick off to do all their warm ups, team talks and petting of each other!

Looking forward to getting stuck back into Sunday League football again just purely for the banter missed that!

Went down to watch what could possibly be my new team play today (Leicester Academicals) at Winstanley Community College in the Alliance Premier League, both sides poor, but the diference was the other team (can't remember there name JBS i think) had a player called 'Goose' that bossed their Midfield, he scored a great goal from about 20 yards out. Leicester Academicals.

JBS (we'll call them) seemed a very organised side aparently turning upto the ground about 2 hours before kick off to do all their warm ups, team talks and petting of each other!

Looking forward to getting stuck back into Sunday League football again just purely for the banter missed that!

JBS Rangers 4-1 Leicester Academicals

Loz Perkins------------------Martin Goodwin

Anthony Wildgoose

others not provided

Well there's the reason behind the goose haha. Alliance site is http://www.allianceleague.co.uk/

Archived