Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Twelve 3 West End 6

They led 3 times before we ran away with it . Cracking effort from our reserves today , 1st team lads couldnt belive it when we heard it had gone to extra time . Hope the reserves can build on that .

Im hearing that the Alliance have had a superb day in the county cups

:frusty:

Lost. 2-1 AET.

The game was equal. we went ahead after a great 30 yard pass by me for the assist ;). Then with about 10 minutes to go they scored on the counter attack. The first half of extra time, we were all over them, hit the bar and the post, their keeper made some great saves but we couldn't score. Then with 4 minutes left of the 2nd half of extra time, our CB cocks up, and we lose. :(

Well we made hard work of that didn't we?

Sileby Athletic 6 - West End Res 5 AET.

3-1 up 4-3 down at H/T 4-4 5-4 Took the lead, 5-5 then our injured player scores the winner. We had a shit last 20 in the first half where we conceded sloppy goals. But we just put our head on and grinded out. No way should West End Res be where they are now. They gave us a run for our money and I hope they do well this season. Robbo put in a nasty challenge against me, bust my shin pad but it's adults football what do you expect?

Didnt realise Robbo was such a big tackler , 2 in 2 days !!!

Sparta Parve 2 - 6 Extreme Alliance

We were totally outplayed today by a much better side. Some real top quality players on their side.

We took a suprise lead from a long range throw by T. Measures with Wilkesy on hand to volley in the first. We managed to keep that lead until half time, then they fired in an absolute screamer just after the break and then a freekick to follow - questionable goalkeeping.

Two O.G's that were sliced into the net didn't help our cause on the hour mark. What was four then became 5 and 6.

Wilkesy was then on the end of a throughball to bag a brace and Parva's second of the game. 2-6. <_<

Miss of the day - Tom Measures doing his best Chris Iwelumo impression with the score at 1-4 lol He will never live that down.

Not the best set of lads to play against, 'bunch of twats' really.

Well done to the West End Reserves for almost getting the better of Sileby!

We lost 6-2 to Xtreme Alliance (formerly New Parks Rockets) they havent lost a game in 2 years and were absolute class! the lads will learn a lot by playing against such good opposition.

Matt Wilkes scoring a super brace! I may even have a longer throw than Cobbo now :o !!!

that miss was class, their player said it was a bobble and i said no mate just an awful miss :D - wont be long til i retire lol

Well done to the West End Reserves for almost getting the better of Sileby!

We lost 6-2 to Xtreme Alliance (formerly New Parks Rockets) they havent lost a game in 2 years and were absolute class! the lads will learn a lot by playing against such good opposition.

Matt Wilkes scoring a super brace! I may even have a longer throw than Cobbo now :o !!!

As far as i know theres only 4 or 5 of them , my mate Stu plays for them every now and again

County cup weekend out the teams on here i know we have

Through

Sileby Ath ( Tevez , Bonehead , Tommeh , Albert )

West End United (Sparky)

Out

West End Reserves (Robbo)

Sparta Parva ( Maybes , Tomassi , Wilkes )

Fosse (Cobbo , JME , Hillsdonator , Katy , Scowy)

Still waiting for Manwells result and think catburgers Moshdock were given a bye

Add yourselves to the list if ive missed anybody out

County cup weekend out the teams on here i know we have

Through

Sileby Ath ( Tevez , Bonehead , Tommeh , Albert )

West End United (Sparky)

Out

West End Reserves (Robbo)

Sparta Parva ( Maybes , Tomassi , Wilkes )

Fosse (Cobbo , JME , Hillsdonator , Katy)

Still waiting for Manwells result and think catburgers Moshdock were given a bye

Add yourselves to the list if ive missed anybody out

We are, without any doubt, out of this competition.

3-1 up 4-3 down at H/T 4-4 5-4 Took the lead, 5-5 then our injured player scores the winner. We had a shit last 20 in the first half where we conceded sloppy goals. But we just put our head on and grinded out. No way should West End Res be where they are now. They gave us a run for our money and I hope they do well this season. Robbo put in a nasty challenge against me, bust my shin pad but it's adults football what do you expect?

Iv never played so bad if im honest.

Our last 3 goals were 3 of the best anyone will see all season.

Were through thats all that matters we played very badly but still won and went through, sign of a good team.

Were through thats all that matters we played very badly but still won and went through, sign of a good team.

Absolutly spot on , you aint gonna perform well every week , some times you gotta grind it out . Were unbeaten in 8 this season winning the last 6 but in reality we have only performed well in 3 or 4

Every member of the team that we took our foot of the gas in the last 15 when they scored 3 goals. We'll be alright. Happy days top of the league next week.

Tevez, once again, sorry for the challenge, really thought I could win the ball, you just too nippy for me!

However, was a great game to play in. Couldn't believe we went 1-0 up! If our keeper had not let that one thru his hands we'd have gone to pens. Your team scored 3 screamers too!!

You have a good young side that will only get better and better with time mate. Was dead impressed with our lot, maybe we've turned the corner...

On the website it says Fosse lost 12 -2 , must be a misprint :whistle:

To the untrained eye, it looks like Fosse are a bag of shit but we're not. We had a very productive team building session last night and put some things into place and Sunday should see a significant change overall.

Archived