Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Riverside 6 - 2 Heather St John

was an interesting game today.. did our usual, play well first half, then go to sleep after the break... but still happy with the win considering they are a div 1 side.. Ref went abit crazy second half too.. 6 yellows 1 red!!

Well, what a game I was involved in earlier, phenomenal.

Kirby Muxloe v Soar Valley

A team that last year lost just about every game, but now have a whole new squad. Basically stole Loughbrough Dynamo's squad apparently.

Just a minute in, we conceded a throw, no problem we thought. Then the Rory Delap impersonator strolls up. Launches one into the box, our stand in keeper screws up his punch leaving their guy just to nod it in. 1-0 down, great start :|

Then 2 minutes later we find ourselves level. Wow.

Then the ref thought he'd get involved, absolutely shambolic. Gave throw ins the wrong way even though the Linesman flagged correctly. Then he gave them a dodgy free kick and they scored from it. Big bastards. Then half hour in a penalty was awarded to them. Again quite dodgy. 3-1 down at half time, we're all furious, two players have been booked. It looks bleak.

Things got bleaker when they scored again virtually straight from the kick off, 4-1. Surely out of the game. But we fought back. Our striker got one back for us, then I got onto a parried shot and made it 4-3. We pushed and pushed, then I timed a run and got the ball slid through to me and finished, 4-4, we were ecstatic.

Then the ref decided to show up again, we scored from a corner which he ruled out because he claimed it went out. Nonsense. Then we had a shot the looped in, clearly over the line and he waved play on. Then I was brought down as I was through on goal and he still waved play on! What a willy puller. We had the last laugh though, a goalmouth scramble from a corner and it popped out to our centre midfielder who volleyed it into the back of the net. Get in.

We held on and got the win we deserved. Stunning game, loved playing in it. Plus, i'm now top scorer with 5 goals from the wing, says alot about our team's goal threat :giggle:

What's this about you playing in a seated ground then?

Oh... Our home pitch (rawlins) have basically fooked us over and have put too many teams on one day (3 pitches) which means we're the unlucky ones. But i've got contacts and it's a reet smart pitch. All being well anyway.

We've got Greenhill in the cup soon, near your endz.

Oh... Our home pitch (rawlins) have basically fooked us over and have put too many teams on one day (3 pitches) which means we're the unlucky ones. But i've got contacts and it's a reet smart pitch. All being well anyway.

We've got Greenhill in the cup soon, near your endz.

Ha, good luck.

Away?

How the fork do I find the refs contact details, and also my oppenets contact details, for this weekends, county cup game, if the FA don't give them to me.

WAANNKKKEERRSS

You got a Leicestershire Fa booklet at the first meeting when we got our fixtures.

Archived