Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

St Andrews v Gedling Miners Welfare [ Abandoned ]

Canal Street

Abandoned after 85 minutes, score 3-1, assault on referee

How very SAD ====Any one care to Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst thing I've ever seen at a football match (and I've been to 1000's)

Fracas near end of game. Ref confers with linesman and calls one player over from each team and books them. Then calls over St Andrews No 12 and sends him off. No 12 puts his face up close to ref and says something, then turns away before swinging round and punching the ref with GREAT FORCE in the face. No 12 then jumps over fence and runs to dressing room. On arrival at door to dressing room decides he wants some more and turns round to head back onto pitch. One of St Andrews people stops him and pushes him into dressing room. Ref has been knocked out cold and is just lying on pitch. He is covered in blankets and given attention but it is a LONG time before he moves.

Divided opinion amongst spectators and players, management etc. I heard one SICKENING comment that the ref had been asking for it! Several St Andrews players were saying how disgraceful it was and one said that he would not play with No 12 again.

Off a forum for East Mids League. Apparently the players' name is Joe Preston and he's got a 'sine die' ban. Full-time ban.

St Andrews v Gedling Miners Welfare [ Abandoned ]

Canal Street

Abandoned after 85 minutes, score 3-1, assault on referee

How very SAD ====Any one care to Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst thing I've ever seen at a football match (and I've been to 1000's)

Fracas near end of game. Ref confers with linesman and calls one player over from each team and books them. Then calls over St Andrews No 12 and sends him off. No 12 puts his face up close to ref and says something, then turns away before swinging round and punching the ref with GREAT FORCE in the face. No 12 then jumps over fence and runs to dressing room. On arrival at door to dressing room decides he wants some more and turns round to head back onto pitch. One of St Andrews people stops him and pushes him into dressing room. Ref has been knocked out cold and is just lying on pitch. He is covered in blankets and given attention but it is a LONG time before he moves.

Divided opinion amongst spectators and players, management etc. I heard one SICKENING comment that the ref had been asking for it! Several St Andrews players were saying how disgraceful it was and one said that he would not play with No 12 again.

Off a forum for East Mids League. Apparently the players' name is Joe Preston and he's got a 'sine die' ban. Full-time ban.

What a C**T!

In the super sunday games (the big 4 from division 4 all playing each other in the stokes cup)at horsewell lane, Niffy Reserves (Cup Holders) lost to Exeter Arms 4-3 AET (2-2 FT).

Sparta Parva beat Great Wigston 4-3. Great battling performance from the boys! Quarters of the cup here we come :thumbup:

Archived